Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:31:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 144263 times)
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: December 07, 2017, 08:01:16 PM »

Doug Jones is apparently in a controversy over a flyer his campaign sent out with a picture of a Black man and a question above it asking if the reader thought a Black man accused of being with underage girls would be elected? I wasn't feeling good about his chances before but with social media and Black news sources like The Root covering this unfavorably just days before the election, I'm especially not feeling good about it now.
That raises a very serious and thoughtful point, though. If Moore was black, I don't think he'd be doing anywhere near as well as he is now, even as a black Republican.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1751 on: December 07, 2017, 08:02:08 PM »

If Jones loses, it's a lesson learned for the Democrats: Don't run openly pro-choice people in states like Alabama, Arkansas, and Mississippi.

If it wasn't abortion, it would just be some other issue they'd use.

I'm not convinced any pro-life Democrat would be doing seriously better than Jones.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/359871-moore-i-refused-to-debate-democratic-opponent-because-of-stance-on

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Moore refused to debate not because of Jones's abortion views, but his views on transgender people.

Moore refused to debate Jones because he's dumb as hell. Only thing Moore's an expert on are the pop culture trends of female tweens
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1752 on: December 07, 2017, 08:03:09 PM »

Doug Jones is apparently in a controversy over a flyer his campaign sent out with a picture of a Black man and a question above it asking if the reader thought a Black man accused of being with underage girls would be elected? I wasn't feeling good about his chances before but with social media and Black news sources like The Root covering this unfavorably just days before the election, I'm especially not feeling good about it now.
That raises a very serious and thoughtful point, though. If Moore was black, I don't think he'd be doing anywhere near as well as he is now, even as a black Republican.
That doesn't matter though. I can see why that would piss off black potential Jones voters.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1753 on: December 07, 2017, 08:04:07 PM »

That doesn't matter though. I can see why that would piss off black potential Jones voters.
Agreed, but it helps to show the hypocrisy of Republicans in Alabama who are still standing behind Moore.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1754 on: December 07, 2017, 08:08:54 PM »

If Jones loses, it's a lesson learned for the Democrats: Don't run openly pro-choice people in states like Alabama, Arkansas, and Mississippi.

"We ain't votin' for that baby killer....but that guy who banged children is ok"

"It's best the kids get banged by a decent Christian white man, rather than some black thug off the street".
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1755 on: December 07, 2017, 08:13:02 PM »

"We ain't votin' for that baby killer....but that guy who banged children is ok"

"It's best the kids get banged by a decent Christian white man, rather than some black thug off the street".

"What these blacks need is law and order....now excuse me when I go to the Gadsden Mall food court for...er-er...for lunch!"
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1756 on: December 07, 2017, 08:26:16 PM »

Roy Moore is downright evil.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1757 on: December 07, 2017, 08:58:09 PM »

Comparing it to this article.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/doug-jones-is-just-a-normal-polling-error-away-from-a-win-in-alabama/
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1758 on: December 07, 2017, 10:08:36 PM »

WHAT THE FYCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!

http://beta.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-alabama-senate-runoff-20170921-story.html

In response to a question from one of the only African Americans in the audience — who asked when Moore thought America was last "great" -- Moore acknowledged the nation's history of racial divisions, but said: "I think it was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery — they cared for one another…. Our families were strong, our country had a direction."

This man is just absolutely disgusting.

Beyond parody
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1759 on: December 07, 2017, 10:14:41 PM »

What in the flyer is inaccurate? I don't see how it is problematic to remind black voters that Moore is benefiting from white supremacy and they must come out to vote and stop it.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #1760 on: December 07, 2017, 11:10:35 PM »

What in the flyer is inaccurate? I don't see how it is problematic to remind black voters that Moore is benefiting from white supremacy and they must come out to vote and stop it.

Here's what The Root says about it:

"A Racist Flyer Might Cost Doug Jones the Election Because the Entire Democratic Party Is Trash"

https://www.theroot.com/a-racist-flyer-might-cost-doug-jones-the-election-becau-1821065764
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1761 on: December 07, 2017, 11:15:46 PM »

Jones is so screwed. Very bad December for Democrats just starting to get going.
 https://www.theroot.com/a-racist-flyer-might-cost-doug-jones-the-election-becau-1821065764
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1762 on: December 07, 2017, 11:31:18 PM »

Damn, the concern trolls are out in force tonight.

This.

If Moore was black, I guarantee that he'd be out. If he was going after black girls, I wouldn't be surprised if he would be out. If he was going after teenage boys, he'd be out.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1763 on: December 07, 2017, 11:37:51 PM »

Heavy rain in northern Virginia means Jones is screwed.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1764 on: December 07, 2017, 11:39:49 PM »

LimoLiberal might be thč worst Chicken Little on this forum, which is no small accomplishment
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1765 on: December 07, 2017, 11:42:56 PM »

Fwiw, I think Jones has a good shot at winning, and if he does, a lot of people will be saying that it was obvious all along.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #1766 on: December 07, 2017, 11:49:17 PM »

Fwiw, I think Jones has a good shot at winning, and if he does, a lot of people will be saying that it was obvious all along.

I will gladly admit I was wrong and apologize to the people of Alabama for the characterizations I've made of them if they do the right thing. But not until they prove me wrong.

Same. I will gladly (VERY GLADLY) eat crow and say I was wrong if Jones manages to pull this off
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1767 on: December 08, 2017, 12:25:32 AM »

Jones is up to 33 on predictit.

I still think he should be at around 39-43.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1768 on: December 08, 2017, 12:32:28 AM »

I hope I'm wrong but I feel Moore will outperform polling slightly. I'm confident that there has to be a sizable bloc that supports him but publicly wouldn't admit it 
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1769 on: December 08, 2017, 12:41:58 AM »

I hope I'm wrong but I feel Moore will outperform polling slightly. I'm confident that there has to be a sizable bloc that supports him but publicly wouldn't admit it 

It's possible but the problem is that while there's a lot of talk about a shy voter effect for Republicans there isn't much evidence.
Ruby2014
Rookie
United States

P
« Reply #1770 on: December 08, 2017, 02:59:34 AM »

If Bobby Bright, Parker Griffith, or Craig Ford ran for this seat they would have one. Doug Jones is too liberal to win in Alabama. And most of the teenage girls were over the age of 16 which is the age of consent in Alabama. And the 14 year old would be a legal violation and many people don't believe she's telling the truth enough that they'll vote for him anyway and hope he didn't do it. If the Senate Ethics Committee investigates and proves he did it they'll likely expell him. Then Mo Brooks would likely run in another special election. If they can't prove he did it then a pro-life, pro-gun Democrat could run in 2020 and put the seat in play.

Parker Griffith?? LOL

And Mo Brooks is a whole lot more popular on this forum than he is in Alabama.

The fact that they are pro life and support the second amendment would help them. Some conservatives would be open to supporting them.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1771 on: December 08, 2017, 03:42:18 AM »

Last week "controversial flyer" scandals might be the one thing that gets the most unwarranted attention on Atlas.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #1772 on: December 08, 2017, 08:52:41 AM »

It's possible but the problem is that while there's a lot of talk about a shy voter effect for Republicans there isn't much evidence.

Not wanting to be a concern troll, but that's what people were saying about shy Trump voters.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1773 on: December 08, 2017, 09:30:09 AM »

Not wanting to be a concern troll, but that's what people were saying about shy Trump voters.

And there weren't any shy Trump voters. There's no electoral college in Senate elections.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1774 on: December 08, 2017, 09:54:40 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies