Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:39:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 144904 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: November 25, 2017, 07:30:02 PM »

Yeah, goddamn, like 2/3 of this thread has been a series of 2 or more posters headlocked in arguments over tangential minutiae or stuff that just doesn't have anything to do with the election whatsoever.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #1026 on: November 25, 2017, 08:05:57 PM »

Yeah, goddamn, like 2/3 of this thread has been a series of 2 or more posters headlocked in arguments over tangential minutiae or stuff that just doesn't have anything to do with the election whatsoever.

Greedo and IceSpear should both be banned from posting in this thread
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #1027 on: November 25, 2017, 08:15:48 PM »

Greedo and IceSpear should both be banned

Fixed for you.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #1028 on: November 25, 2017, 08:18:34 PM »

It would be fair at least - One solid liberal goes, one solid conservative goes.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1029 on: November 25, 2017, 08:24:03 PM »

The only reason that you want be banned is because I’m right wing.

But let me say that icespear should be banned because of constant trolling of West Virginians and Alabamans. The hate for those states and racism icespear as used is disgusting so yes icespear should be banned for 2 months.

I myself can not and should not be banned mainly because most people on here don’t want me banned.

The only people who must be banned are Texarkana and icespear.

Greedo The Hunter
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #1030 on: November 25, 2017, 08:24:34 PM »

It would be fair at least - One solid liberal goes, one solid conservative goes.

What has IceSpear done that is banworthy besides the TMI road trip tell-all?

Well, I mean, he's contributed absolutely nothing to the forum in the last two months besides obnoxious trolling. On most forums, he would be flat on his ass right now.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1031 on: November 25, 2017, 08:24:51 PM »

All icespear does is crap on West Virginia and the south as a whole.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1032 on: November 25, 2017, 09:05:33 PM »

That sucks. Sucks even more when a political party does that same thing to muster up support and rally their base.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #1033 on: November 25, 2017, 09:10:49 PM »

That sucks. Sucks even more when a political party does that same thing to muster up support and rally their base.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1034 on: November 25, 2017, 09:27:07 PM »

Greedo is a troll. Icespear is a decent poster who will be proven right because people have chosen to bury their heads in the sand.

Anyways, Icespear does give an exaggerated response about WV & a few other issues but is largely a decent, logical poster. You can't ban a poster because you don't like their views & compare to it to a troll.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1035 on: November 25, 2017, 10:24:29 PM »

But if I got banned, what would be the new subject of 95% of your posts in this thread? I don't think you thought this through...
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #1036 on: November 25, 2017, 10:27:30 PM »

Icespear is a decent poster who will be proven right

No.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1037 on: November 25, 2017, 10:31:59 PM »

I see you're going for 99%. I believe in you. Wink
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1038 on: November 25, 2017, 10:33:32 PM »

I have a number of people on ignore. The last couple of pages have been 1/2 ignored people, 1/4 people quoting ignored people, and 1/4 real content.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1039 on: November 25, 2017, 10:46:34 PM »

With respect to this article from the Washington Post, I find this fear of depressed black turnout to be greatly exaggerated.

Jones is well known for his prosecutorial career, specifically when it came to prosecuting several church bombers. Jones has hammered this home, and he's done an excellent job of articulating his public service to voters. On top of that, Jones is flush with cash and will no doubt invest heavily in GOTV (souls to the polls especially).

There's absolutely no reason to worry about turnout at this point. This is a high profile senate race that's garnered plenty of outside attention. I doubt we'll see depressed black and minority turnout.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1040 on: November 25, 2017, 10:48:23 PM »

- IceSpear, please keep comments about WV and AL that may trigger some people to a minimum.
- Greedo, stop arguing with IceSpear. We all know how you feel about his views. I don't understand why you keep going on and on with him. Just put him on ignore and let it go.

This needs to stop already for gods sake.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1041 on: November 25, 2017, 10:51:09 PM »

With respect to this article from the Washington Post, I find this fear of depressed black turnout to be greatly exaggerated.

Jones is well known for his prosecutorial career, specifically when it came to prosecuting several church bombers. Jones has hammered this home, and he's done an excellent job of articulating his public service to voters. On top of that, Jones is flush with cash and will no doubt invest heavily in GOTV (souls to the polls especially).

There's absolutely no reason to worry about turnout at this point. This is a high profile senate race that's garnered plenty of outside attention. I doubt we'll see depressed black and minority turnout.
They had the same article about Northam and look how that went
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1042 on: November 25, 2017, 10:54:22 PM »

Obvious 'apples to oranges' disclaimer, but you're correct in that the spirit of these pieces is unjustifiably negative
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1043 on: November 25, 2017, 11:52:14 PM »

Senate candidate Roy Moore's son is arrested for the ninth time

The son of Republican U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore has been arrested in Alabama on a misdemeanor charge linked to allegations of illegal hunting. Etowah County Sheriff's spokeswoman Natalie Barton tells news outlets 27-year-old Caleb Moore surrendered Monday on a charge of third-degree criminal trespass. He was accused of hunting without permission and hunting over bait last year.

Caleb Moore was arrested on drug charges in 2015, but those were dropped after he entered a pre-trial diversion program. Monday's arrest marks the ninth time the 27-year-old has been in jail, AL.com reported.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/senate-candidate-roy-moore-son-arrested-ninth-time-article-1.3555021

Sounds like there is a dirty seed that dropped from an Apple tree somewhere along the Family Tree...

Best case scenario Moore Sr is just a serial harasser of Minors, with potentially having committed sexual assault, including against Minors (And I say that for legalistic reasons, not that I doubt the testimony of the victims), using his power as DA of Etowah County to keep the law in check from his behavior,

Meanwhile his son, gets off with slaps on the wrist for a decade on drug related charges, poaching, and trespassing because his Daddy is a big player in State politics...

Hell, where I come from if you are poaching on other people's land, "spotlighting Deer" for a kill, that isn't real hunting, that is a criminal offense that will send you to jail, and quite possibly even to Prison....

Needless to say, the son busted on drugs.... what about those Black folk in 'Bama, let alone the Poor White folk that don't come from the same rank and privilege, what charges would we face for exactly the same crime?

We don't all have Daddies like Moore that hide behind the law to protect us from our transgressions, and at what point does Moore become yet another corrupt Politician from 'Bama (Sure both Democrats and Republicans in 'Bama have been guilty of this for decades) who has flagrantly used his position of wealth and power in order to usurp the very law that he vowed to uphold?
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1044 on: November 25, 2017, 11:59:42 PM »

If the Democrats had nominated a ProLife Democrat, this race would not be close.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1045 on: November 26, 2017, 12:04:02 AM »

Obvious 'apples to oranges' disclaimer, but you're correct in that the spirit of these pieces is unjustifiably negative

That reminds me of when they started panicking over black turnout after the results of the 2016 election. It seems like they just automatically assumed that because Obama is no longer president (or just has a smaller leadership role among the Democratic Party), black voters simply won't turn out well in off-year elections. There's an issue with making such statement. In 2009, black voters were 16% of the electorate (gubernatorial election, but by this year it hopped by about 7-8 points. However, I do wish there was some way in which we could accurately tell motivation to vote across the country and all of what I just listed above has nothing to do with Alabama.

One article that I could find about the possible engagement is this.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Turnout looks to be very uncertain now and I'm also slightly annoyed by the polling drought lately as well.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1046 on: November 26, 2017, 12:08:12 AM »

I have a number of people on ignore. The last couple of pages have been 1/2 ignored people, 1/4 people quoting ignored people, and 1/4 real content.

Starting to think maybe I should actually use the ignore button for the first time.... a couple posters are starting to jump to the stop of my mind, considering their conversations and arguments have virtually nothing to contribute when it comes to the upcoming election in Alabama....
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1047 on: November 26, 2017, 12:57:49 AM »

Everyone thought that Hillary would have no problem with black turnout due to their overwhelming support for her in the primary and the relationship the Clintons had with the black community. It turned out not to be the case. And Jones cannot even come close to matching the Clinton brand.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1048 on: November 26, 2017, 01:12:32 AM »

Everyone thought that Hillary would have no problem with black turnout due to their overwhelming support for her in the primary and the relationship the Clintons had with the black community. It turned out not to be the case. And Jones cannot even come close to matching the Clinton brand.

Except a ton of black people (specifically younger ones -- who backed Bernie) despised Hillary and thought she was using them as pawns. A lot of people thought Hillary was guaranteed to win anyways, so why vote for someone they didn't really like?

It's different now. Most black people hate Trump and are more energized to vote because of it. There was no problem with black turnout in Virgina last November despite muh "offyear electorate".
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #1049 on: November 26, 2017, 03:19:21 AM »

If the Democrats had nominated a ProLife Democrat, this race would not be close.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies