Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:17:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 143857 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2017, 12:11:29 PM »

Sessions refuses to defend Moore:

Sessions on Moore: 'I have no reason to doubt these young women'

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/14/politics/sessions-roy-moore/index.html
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2017, 12:11:49 PM »

ASAP, if not immediately, upon the certification of the result
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2017, 12:19:43 PM »

ASAP, if not immediately, upon the certification of the result

For both candidates the results will be certified in Mid-December. Because of the holiday recess, the soonest either candidate could take their seat is early January. If Moore wins however, expect a ethics investigation to begin December so that he can be expelled as soon as he takes his seat.
DFL

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2017, 12:30:03 PM »

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/11/new-doug-jones-ad-is-all-republicans-disgusted-by-roy-moore.html

Any thoughts on Jones's new ad?
It looks like he's decided to go after Moore's character...
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2017, 12:34:05 PM »

Here's my prediction: Moore wins narrowly, gets seated, and everyone forgets about this except for the activist left by February. If Gianforte body slamming a reporter on tape wasn't enough to get as much as a censure from the House, Moore won't be expelled from the Senate, as much as they want us to think they are so #disappointed at him now. Plus, it would be setting a dangerous precedent for the Senate if they were to actually take a stand against sexual harassment and assault, since, as someone pointed out in the other thread, there are probably dozens of people in Congress who have done similar things, albeit with girls who were probably closer to their own age.

So at least if I'm wrong, it will mean we are not on the absolute worst possible timeline, so that's good.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2017, 12:34:19 PM »

EnglishPete would happily watch his own daughter get raped as long as the rapist was white. Just put him on ignore guys.

You forgot they need to be a Republican too.
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2017, 12:40:11 PM »

It's good that he's getting these Republican testimonials to make voting for him more palatable.

Reminds me of Phill Scott's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atajxmVOnNI

It was effective apparently
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2017, 12:41:06 PM »

Here's my prediction: Moore wins narrowly, gets seated, and everyone forgets about this except for the activist left by February. If Gianforte body slamming a reporter on tape wasn't enough to get as much as a censure from the House, Moore won't be expelled from the Senate, as much as they want us to think they are so #disappointed at him now. Plus, it would be setting a dangerous precedent for the Senate if they were to actually take a stand against sexual harassment and assault, since, as someone pointed out in the other thread, there are probably dozens of people in Congress who have done similar things, albeit with girls who were probably closer to their own age.

So at least if I'm wrong, it will mean we are not on the absolute worst possible timeline, so that's good.

The problem with that though is that Moore is not McConnels's ally. He prefers to 'throw live grenades' (as someone put it) on the floor of the senate then cooperate with the Republican party. If Moore does get seated, he is probably safe there for life unless Alabama's political makeup changes, and he got that seat while abandoned by the senate leadership. He owes them nothing. Do you think McConnel wants such a character in a seat that could be filled by a loyal straight line R? It makes perfect partisan sense to kick Moore out and get a loyal lackey who will win with 70% of the vote consistantly.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2017, 01:01:25 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2017, 01:03:19 PM by Greedo The Hunter »

So yes all called ed Gillespie and Donald Trump racist for praising confederates how bout this ad.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/11/10/doug_jones_ad_confederate_officer_brave_soldiers_believed_in_their_cause.html

You guys always said every confederate is racist well now that you’re Party is doing thoughts?
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2017, 01:06:06 PM »

So yes all called ed Gillespie and Donald Trump racist for praising confederates how bout this ad.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/11/10/doug_jones_ad_confederate_officer_brave_soldiers_believed_in_their_cause.html

You guys always said every confederate is racist well now that you’re Party is doing thoughts?

Doug Jones is a national treasure who is defending our heritage.
Okay but you guys said it was racist when Gillespie did it but now that it’s a democrat it’s fine?
#Hypocrite
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2017, 01:09:04 PM »

Okay but you guys said it was racist when Gillespie did it but now that it’s a democrat it’s fine?
#Hypocrite

Jones isn’t a Yankee from New Jersey trying to make himself seem Southern.

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2017, 01:09:45 PM »

#Hypocrite

Are you trying to get banned?
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2017, 01:14:00 PM »

#Hypocrite

Are you trying to get banned?
No I’m just showing it’s hypocritical that’s it’s racism if republicans praise Robert e Lee or stonewall,but if the democrats praise the confederacy it’s all good and not a word.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2017, 01:20:06 PM »

Moore is back ahead on PredictIt. He's going to win.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2017, 01:24:01 PM »

Moore is back ahead on PredictIt. He's going to win.

Is this post sarcastic?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2017, 01:27:03 PM »

I mean, he is going to win. PredictIt is just a lagging indicator.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2017, 01:28:06 PM »

I mean, he is going to win. PredictIt is just a lagging indicator.

It really isn't.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2017, 01:31:06 PM »

Would it be reasonable to expect Moore to actually stay put in the face of all these accusations and evidence of his creepiness coming to light? I mean we already seem past the usual line where politicians would resign. Now I feel like any day I could expect to wake up to "Moore drops out" followed shortly by "Alabama court replaces Moore on ballot with generic Republican"
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2017, 01:34:10 PM »

Would it be reasonable to expect Moore to actually stay put in the face of all these accusations and evidence of his creepiness coming to light? I mean we already seem past the usual line where politicians would resign. Now I feel like any day I could expect to wake up to "Moore drops out" followed shortly by "Alabama court replaces Moore on ballot with generic Republican"

How could they do that, i.e. what would be the legal justification?  I don't see that there is one.
EnglishPete

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2017, 01:34:43 PM »

What does "dropping out of the race" even mean?  It's too late to get his name off the ballot, or to have it replaced by another name, right?  So even if Moore was playing ball on this, what would he do?  Promise to resign on day 1, in the event that he's actually elected, and endorse the write in candidacy of another Republican?

Urging all of his supporters to write in Strange's name.

He wouldn't do that. That would mean accepting what people like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRRGbLVIW84

are saying, and that would go against Moore's Christian principles
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2017, 01:35:33 PM »

I feel like to many people are going "lol it's Alabama". Yeah it's Alabama but this scandal only seems to be deepening. It's likely that Moore ends up being more of an Akin than a Trump. The fact that even Breitbart is abandoning him pretty much proves that he's toast.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2017, 01:37:56 PM »

Depending on what the next couple of polls say, I may move this race all the way from Lean R to Lean D, totally bypassing Toss-Up status. Still Lean R for now though.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2017, 01:38:37 PM »

How could they do that, i.e. what would be the legal justification?  I don't see that there is one.

I would fully expect the AL Supreme Court to just make something up. I couldn't say how it would progress from there, but it's not something I am confident about.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2017, 01:40:09 PM »

I feel like to many people are going "lol it's Alabama". Yeah it's Alabama but this scandal only seems to be deepening. It's likely that Moore ends up being more of an Akin than a Trump. The fact that even Breitbart is abandoning him pretty much proves that he's toast.

1) Akin would've won in Alabama.

2) Akin might even have won a 2018 rematch in Missouri. At the very least he'd make it a single digit race. Times have changed.

3) Moore still leads in most of the polls.

There's nothing to suggest a Jones victory except cherry picking polls or having unearned faith in Alabama voters.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2017, 01:40:16 PM »

Yes, but put another way: "This attack job only seems to be intensifying. The fact that even Breitbart has been cucked on this story by the MSM only shows how much the fascist left want to take down this true American patriot by any means necessary."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies