MA-Gov: Baker massively popular
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 10:51:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-Gov: Baker massively popular
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: MA-Gov: Baker massively popular  (Read 9663 times)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2017, 12:02:29 PM »

At this point Baker could leave the GOP, run as an independent and still win in a landslide.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2017, 12:16:25 PM »

At this point Baker could leave the GOP, run as an independent and still win in a landslide.

... but won't, thank God.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2017, 12:59:27 PM »

At this point Baker could should leave the GOP, run as an independent and still win in a landslide.

Although I guess he is one of the best hopes to reform the party, so maybe not.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2017, 01:01:18 PM »

And yet he continues to fund Moore's campaign through his agreement with the RNC. A truly disgusting person.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2017, 01:02:27 PM »

Yeah, thank God that he isn't leaving the party of literal child molesters!
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2017, 01:08:10 PM »

No. The GOP is like Susan Collins at heart, they just don't know it yet. Duh

Collins voted for the Trump Tax Scam and also voted an anti-gay blogger into a judicial position, so that wouldn't be that much of an improvement.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2017, 01:33:29 PM »

Charlie Baker bears no responsibility for what people in the Alabama Republican Party do.  If you insist on lumping all Republicans together, no one can stop you ... but I think it's pretty agenda-driven and quite simple-minded.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2017, 01:35:44 PM »

At this point Baker could should leave the GOP, run as an independent and still win in a landslide.

Yeah, but what fun would internet Democrats have if the GOP were reformed?  No one here who complains about how terrible the GOP is wants it to become a better party; they want a party that they can easily mock.  Period.  Would it be better for America if the GOP resembled a more reasonable party interested in right-of-center governing solutions?  Of course.  Yet you see anyone who wants to stick it out in the GOP in the hopes of, ya know, actually making that happen in the future constantly mocked as enabling other Republicans.  LOL, is what it is, I guess.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2017, 01:43:07 PM »

Charlie Baker bears no responsibility for what people in the Alabama Republican Party do.  If you insist on lumping all Republicans together, no one can stop you ... but I think it's pretty agenda-driven and quite simple-minded.

Except he literally does, because of his fundraising agreement with the RNC.

Yeah, but what fun would internet Democrats have if the GOP were reformed?  No one here who complains about how terrible the GOP is wants it to become a better party; they want a party that they can easily mock.  Period.  Would it be better for America if the GOP resembled a more reasonable party interested in right-of-center governing solutions?  Of course.  Yet you see anyone who wants to stick it out in the GOP in the hopes of, ya know, actually making that happen in the future constantly mocked as enabling other Republicans.  LOL, is what it is, I guess.

The problem is that the type of "reform" the GOP would go through would result in it still being an incredibly evil party.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2017, 01:49:20 PM »

I could definitely be wrong, but I remember seeing a poll in which Baker had higher favorable ratings among Democrats than Republicans. Hardly a surprise, especially given how Collins' and Corker's numbers have plummeted recently.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2017, 01:55:06 PM »

I could definitely be wrong, but I remember seeing a poll in which Baker had higher favorable ratings among Democrats than Republicans. Hardly a surprise, especially given how Collins' and Corker's numbers have plummeted recently.
Nationally or in Massachusetts?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2017, 01:58:54 PM »

Don't know what poll you saw, but that doesn't appear to be true:

http://d279m997dpfwgl.cloudfront.net/wp/2017/01/Crosstabs-2017-01-WBUR-MA-Issues-1.pdf

Sorry. Smiley
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2017, 04:13:18 PM »

It's highly unlikely Collins still has high support among Maine Democrats after her vote for the tax bill.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2017, 04:53:36 PM »

Charlie2020 I’m 100% on board, I’m tired of trump (though I support most of his positions)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2017, 06:28:20 PM »

It's highly unlikely Collins still has high support among Maine Democrats after her vote for the tax bill.

On the bright side, it's unlikely that her tax bill vote did much to make the Republicans less pissed at her Smiley

She's losing her primary in 2020. The sooner RINO Tom sees that, the better.

The caricature you've created in your head and are absurdly and creepily obsessed with might have whispered something about Susan Collins in your ear, but I don't really go around posting about Susan Collins' next primary, bro.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2017, 06:43:46 PM »

Those favorables are weird. It's gotta be really weird to be more favorable with Democrats than independents, but still retain Republicans.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2017, 07:48:30 PM »

Those favorables are weird. It's gotta be really weird to be more favorable with Democrats than independents, but still retain Republicans.

IIRC, there are a TON of independents in MA, many of them as liberal as any Democrat.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2017, 07:53:12 PM »

If Massachusetts allowed fusion tickets, I'd expect Baker to get the Libertarian line and wouldn't count out him being nominated by the Democrats, too.

Amazing what being a genuinely good and magnanimous person will get you in this world.

It doesn't get you much if you live in Alabama, except a humiliating loss to a pedophile.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2017, 10:28:32 AM »

If Massachusetts allowed fusion tickets, I'd expect Baker to get the Libertarian line and wouldn't count out him being nominated by the Democrats, too.

Amazing what being a genuinely good and magnanimous person will get you in this world.
Nah, there are legit candidates running for the Dem nomination.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2017, 11:14:03 AM »

It doesn't get you much if you live in Alabama, except a humiliating loss to a pedophile.

Have a little faith, man.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2017, 01:03:42 PM »

Have a little faith, man.

lol

There's gonna be a lot of these over the next few days...
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2017, 08:46:43 PM »

I'm so glad that the candidate financially backed by Charlie Baker lost in Alabama!
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2017, 08:52:02 PM »

I'm so glad that the candidate financially backed by Charlie Baker lost in Alabama!

Baker endorsed jones
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2017, 09:10:45 PM »

Baker endorsed jones

Obviously Charlie Baker's "endorsement" of Jones had way more effect on Alabama than his money being funnelled through the RNC to Moore's campaign. I'm sure lots of Alabamians didn't make their final decision until they heard Charlie Baker's take on the race!
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2017, 10:03:42 PM »

Baker endorsed jones

Obviously Charlie Baker's "endorsement" of Jones had way more effect on Alabama than his money being funnelled through the RNC to Moore's campaign. I'm sure lots of Alabamians didn't make their final decision until they heard Charlie Baker's take on the race!
Like him or not, hes your governor for atleast the next 5 years
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies