VA-GOV 2017: It's a Wave (GE: Nov 7th - Thread #2)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:31:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: It's a Wave (GE: Nov 7th - Thread #2)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 76
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: It's a Wave (GE: Nov 7th - Thread #2)  (Read 96261 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: November 07, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »

i'm messing around but don't treat the results that are in so far as a northam win just yet. wait until the results start rolling in later tonight.

turnout can change inbetween now and 7 pm, and gillepsie could end up doing a lot better in traditionally D areas than a typical republican.
swf541

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #301 on: November 07, 2017, 01:36:13 PM »

i'm messing around but don't treat the results that are in so far as a northam win just yet. wait until the results start rolling in later tonight.

100% agreed we know nothing til we actually have counts
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #302 on: November 07, 2017, 01:36:36 PM »

Agreed, we haven't seen enough information from GOP areas yet. All we know is NoVa turnout looks high.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #303 on: November 07, 2017, 01:37:14 PM »

turnout can change inbetween now and 7 pm, and gillepsie could end up doing a lot better in traditionally D areas than a typical republican.

I was gonna challenge your statue crap but yes, I agree, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. It’s early.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #304 on: November 07, 2017, 01:37:22 PM »

I don't recall the media doing wall to wall coverage on off year elections during the Obama years.

Scott Brown's win was only mentioned on the scroller on most news sites.

These people are desperate to push a narrative that a dem win in VA tonight spells doom for trump.
swf541

« Reply #305 on: November 07, 2017, 01:38:26 PM »

I don't recall the media doing wall to wall coverage on off year elections during the Obama years.

These people are desperate to push a narrative that a dem win in VA tonight spells doom for trump.

Cnn had wall to wall coverage of Scott Brown race when it happened
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #306 on: November 07, 2017, 01:40:53 PM »

I remember a ton of coverage about Scott Brown's "shocking" win. It was 7 years ago though.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #307 on: November 07, 2017, 01:41:19 PM »

They had Wall to Wall coverage in 2013 too lol
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #308 on: November 07, 2017, 01:42:40 PM »

Same can be said about Northam he will do a lot better than typical Democrats in Hampton Roads.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #309 on: November 07, 2017, 01:43:35 PM »

It is actually the opposite.

They want D's to lose so beltway pundits and bad faith lefties can keep pushing the "Democrats are in disarray" narrative.

If Northam wins, I doubt you will hear anyone trying to say this means Trump is doom, after all he didn't win VA in the first place.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2017, 01:45:06 PM »

People one the ground are making it sound like Ralph is heading to a typical 3-5% win from NOVA
Babeuf

« Reply #311 on: November 07, 2017, 01:45:41 PM »

Christie and McDonnell's wins in 2009 were covered extensively and were huge news.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #312 on: November 07, 2017, 01:46:23 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #313 on: November 07, 2017, 01:47:41 PM »

Oh they certainly did wall to wall in the past. Here is a clip of 2013 when CNN called VA for McAuliffe - note the constant use of John King and his maps/polls, the political panel, and the massive results screen. The only difference it seems, between this and regular midterms, is that there are commercial breaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ize456kpqAo&t=89s
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #314 on: November 07, 2017, 01:47:53 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Rjjr77
« Reply #315 on: November 07, 2017, 01:48:38 PM »

They want D's to lose so beltway pundits and bad faith lefties can keep pushing the "Democrats are in disarray" narrative.

If Northam wins, I doubt you will hear anyone trying to say this means Trump is doom, after all he didn't win VA in the first place.

The real narrative is "Elections are semi-exciting, VA is close to the beltway, and we in the media are bored right now, so lets get some action"
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #316 on: November 07, 2017, 01:50:11 PM »

Wow. Northam win.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #317 on: November 07, 2017, 01:50:43 PM »

The real narrative is "Elections are semi-exciting, VA is close to the beltway, and we in the media are bored right now, so lets get some action"

Normally, I would agree with this take. But there has been a ton of concern-trolling of Democrats by beltway pundits.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #318 on: November 07, 2017, 01:51:00 PM »

They always do wall to wall coverage for this sort of thing
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #319 on: November 07, 2017, 01:51:17 PM »

I don't see how anyone in the media would be bored right now. It's been nothing but bombshells recently, between millions of documents of secret banking stuff and how Trump's cabinet is tied into it, or Mueller's indictments, mass shootings and so on.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #320 on: November 07, 2017, 01:52:50 PM »

Sorry correction on CNN, wall to wall coverage starts at 7 PM Eastern / 6 PM Central
Rjjr77
« Reply #321 on: November 07, 2017, 01:58:25 PM »

I don't see how anyone in the media would be bored right now. It's been nothing but bombshells recently, between millions of documents of secret banking stuff and how Trump's cabinet is tied into it, or Mueller's indictments, mass shootings and so on.

none of that is as exciting as elections as a horserace style narratives. All media members claim they want to be woodward and bernstein, they really want to be political Howard Cosells
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #322 on: November 07, 2017, 02:07:25 PM »

A story going around social media is Northam is being helped by downballot races
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #323 on: November 07, 2017, 02:08:52 PM »

A story going around social media is Northam is being helped by downballot races

Wouldn't be surprised.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #324 on: November 07, 2017, 02:09:15 PM »

I believe it. Trump and the GOP have been losing special elections when it comes to state legislature seats. Northam is going to win this.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies