Nov 7th - MA, OH, PA, GA, ME - Mayor, Referendum, PA Supreme Court ONLY
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:39:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Nov 7th - MA, OH, PA, GA, ME - Mayor, Referendum, PA Supreme Court ONLY
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: Nov 7th - MA, OH, PA, GA, ME - Mayor, Referendum, PA Supreme Court ONLY  (Read 13849 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2017, 11:00:32 PM »

Do y'all have a better site than the AP (which still shows a slip Woodruff lead) for PA?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2017, 11:01:19 PM »

Mundy up 3%. Bob Casey is squealing seeing these results.

Stop scraping the bone.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2017, 11:02:13 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2017, 11:04:18 PM by PittsburghSteel »

Dude, I hope you're trolling. The turnout is so low that that the amount of people who voted equals the population of Idaho, Pennsylvania would never vote against a Casey, and that we still won 3/4 superior court seats. This means nothing and Bob is comfortably sitting back and watching which GOP goon will come out to get steamrolled by him.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2017, 11:02:36 PM »

Dems now assured of controlling PA Supreme Court 4/3 during 2021 redistricting absent any unexpected vacancies.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2017, 11:03:09 PM »

I'm pretty sure "squealing" is the sound Krazen makes when he... you know...
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2017, 11:03:17 PM »

Dems now assured of controlling PA Supreme Court 4/3 during 2021 redistricting absent any unexpected vacancies.

Another massive blow against the Republicans tonight! Trump and Ryan taking Ls.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2017, 11:03:30 PM »

Will laugh my ass off when Casey wins by 8 points next year.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2017, 11:05:22 PM »

Dude, I hope you're trolling. The turnout is so low that that the amount of people who voted equals the population of Arizona, Pennsylvania would never vote against a Casey, and that we still won 3/4 superior court seats. This means nothing and Bob is comfortably sitting back and watching which GOP goon will come out to get steamrolled by him.

The Democrats used to win low turnout elections in Pennsylvania. And also high turnout elections in Pennsylvania. Then the blue wall was smashed by Donald Trump.

Barletta is ready and able to assemble the 2.9 million Trump voters that won this state.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2017, 11:05:59 PM »

Tonight was just a complete disaster for Trump and the GOP. 2018 is going to be miserable for them. Plus they lost control of the Gerrymandering process for Virginia and Pennsylvania.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2017, 11:06:37 PM »

Dude, I hope you're trolling. The turnout is so low that that the amount of people who voted equals the population of Arizona, Pennsylvania would never vote against a Casey, and that we still won 3/4 superior court seats. This means nothing and Bob is comfortably sitting back and watching which GOP goon will come out to get steamrolled by him.

The Democrats used to win low turnout elections in Pennsylvania. And also high turnout elections in Pennsylvania. Then the blue wall was smashed by Donald Trump.

Barletta is ready and able to assemble the 2.9 million Trump voters that won this state.

Yeah good luck with that, Pennsylvania will never reject a Casey over a botox-addicted psycho.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2017, 11:06:58 PM »

Don't shoot your load before your chickens have hatched.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2017, 11:09:38 PM »

Notice the humongous margin Northam won in not just Charlottesville but also the surrounding county? Anyone else think a lot of it is because of what happened there?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2017, 11:11:17 PM »

Tonight was just a complete disaster for Trump and the GOP. 2018 is going to be miserable for them. Plus they lost control of the Gerrymandering process for Virginia and Pennsylvania.

This isn't even true. The Pennsylvania legislature remains strongly with the GOP and we have the voters for a veto override.

All we have to do is threaten to put black voters into Bob Brady's Congressional district which he doesn't want, and he will deliver the votes for any veto override. Presuming one is necessary.

This Bob Casey is a faker unlike his daddy. And he can't coast with Barry's coattails anymore. The GOP has surged in Pennsylvania.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2017, 11:11:43 PM »

A Republican leading by only a couple of points in a lower level race like State Supreme Court does not bode well for the prospect of defeating an incumbent Senator.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2017, 11:11:59 PM »

Notice the humongous margin Northam won in not just Charlottesville but also the surrounding county? Anyone else think a lot of it is because of what happened there?
Charlottesville is a very Democratic area, Hillary won with 80% of the vote here.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2017, 11:14:21 PM »

This isn't even true. The Pennsylvania legislature remains strongly with the GOP and we have the voters for a veto override.

All we have to do is threaten to put black voters into Bob Brady's Congressional district which he doesn't want, and he will deliver the votes for any veto override. Presuming one is necessary.

This Bob Casey is a faker unlike his daddy. And he can't coast with Barry's coattails anymore. The GOP has surged in Pennsylvania.

Bob Brady is caught up in a corruption scandal and might not even be in Congress much longer. Now is really not the time to be making insane predictions. Do you see the GOP disaster all around tonight?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2017, 11:18:59 PM »

Bob Brady is caught up in a corruption scandal and might not even be in Congress much longer. Now is really not the time to be making insane predictions. Do you see the GOP disaster all around tonight?

Hmm? What prediction and what disaster? We just won the election in Pennsylvania for the first time in a generation in 2016.

Bob Brady is the Philadelphia County leader. I voted for him. This is the choice that Bob Brady already made in 2011. He demanded that the legislature jettison the blacks out of his district and demanded white reinforcements. Why would he, Brendan Boyle, or anyone else behave any differently in 2021?

There is simply no population base to support 2 white Democrats from Philadelphia and they know it.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2017, 11:23:27 PM »

Hmm? What prediction and what disaster? We just won the election in Pennsylvania for the first time in a generation in 2016.

Bob Brady is the Philadelphia County leader. I voted for him. This is the choice that Bob Brady already made in 2011. He demanded that the legislature jettison the blacks out of his district and demanded white reinforcements. Why would he, Brendan Boyle, or anyone else behave any differently in 2021?

There is simply no population base to support 2 white Democrats from Philadelphia and they know it.
2016 is old news and winning by a mere plurality is hardly a major realignment. With that said, Democrats have really been burned by gerrymandering this decade and I'm guessing that they will be less likely to cut deals that would interfere with a House majority.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2017, 11:25:36 PM »

2016 is old news and winning by a mere plurality is hardly a major realignment. With that said, Democrats have really been burned by gerrymandering this decade and I'm guessing that they will be less likely to cut deals that would interfere with a House majority.

I would say that Now is really not the time to be making insane predictions......but you beat me to it.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2017, 11:27:10 PM »

A little teary-eyed. This will help so many people.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: November 07, 2017, 11:30:03 PM »

I would say that Now is really not the time to be making insane predictions......but you beat me to it.

I wasn't predicting a House majority in 2018. What I was referring to was potential majorities in the future if fair maps were enacted. With that said, Democrats are clearly in the drivers seat to pick up the House in 2018.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #146 on: November 07, 2017, 11:30:22 PM »

Republicans win the open supreme court race in PA:

Supreme Court - Justice - General
8291 of 9165 Precincts Reporting - 90%
Name   Party   Votes   Vote %
Mundy, Sallie (i)   GOP   932,168   51%
Woodruff, Dwayne   Dem   888,025   49%

Still too close to call for Atlanta Mayor
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #147 on: November 07, 2017, 11:33:57 PM »

Pretty f**ked up that 40% of Mainers bought into Republican lies, but still good news.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #148 on: November 07, 2017, 11:38:23 PM »

Just want to let everyone who is reading way too much into this Supreme court race to know that the turnout in this election is abysmally low. Neither candidate is going to hit a million votes. Think about that. Trump and Clinton both had 2.9 million votes respectively. And as we all know, low turnout benefits Republicans. Mundy actually won Delaware county... think about that.

I do wish Woodruff won. I met him before and he was a very genuine guy with an awesome story, he attended law school while still playing for the Steelers. I hope he runs again for an open seat during a Presidential or Midterm election year.

Mundy just crossed 1 million:
http://www.electionreturns.pa.gov/#

Turnout will likely be double this, not triple.

In 2006 and 2010, they had about 4 million votes. In 2014 it was about 3.5 million.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2017, 11:38:55 PM »

Republicans do not have a veto proof majority in the PA House.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies