"Coming out" - sort of (AW, obviously)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:22:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  "Coming out" - sort of (AW, obviously)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: "Coming out" - sort of (AW, obviously)  (Read 1573 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2017, 09:06:05 PM »

maybe focus your energy on banning atlas members and not real life struggles for a while Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2017, 10:45:39 PM »

So....I was Baker Acted last night. My depression and anxiety took on a life of it's own in a way that I've never experienced. I spent sixteen hours in a psychiatric ward before being discharged early this morning. It was the worst experience of my life. The schizophrenic in the room next store screamed all night in agony that he was being raped, even though there was nobody present.

And yet somehow, this event has....revitalized me? I mean, I was beginning to snap. My signature and forum presence is a joke, but my real life behavior began to mirror my (exaggerated) Atlas insanity. Frankly, and I want to be clear that I am not blaming Badger, whose post was was hilarious, I think it was my anger at not being able to "one up" him that led to a dramatic snowballing of emotions that took me to every dark place I've ever been. And yet, I feel like a lightening bolt has hit me. I feel amazing today. I feel like God herself (I'll say it again - God is a woman. A big beautiful black woman) breathed life into my lungs.

Today, I pitched a business venture to a well connected friend and a meeting has been scheduled for tomorrow with potential investors tomorrow. I am permanently withdrawing from politics, where all of my friends aside from the God-fearing, decent AFP activists have basically abandoned me or sold out. I have a new life ahead of me today. And it feels 'fiya.

I'm not taking a break from this forum. I love this place. I love you all (including Badger, who again I insist is in no way responsible - his post was fire and brimstone and I seized on every word in awe) and I feel like I actually love life again for the first time in a long time. You guys are the cats pajamas. Keep on Atlas'ing everybody.

Glad you’re doing better Smiley
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2017, 10:56:24 PM »

So....I was Baker Acted last night. My depression and anxiety took on a life of it's own in a way that I've never experienced. I spent sixteen hours in a psychiatric ward before being discharged early this morning. It was the worst experience of my life. The schizophrenic in the room next store screamed all night in agony that he was being raped, even though there was nobody present.

And yet somehow, this event has....revitalized me? I mean, I was beginning to snap. My signature and forum presence is a joke, but my real life behavior began to mirror my (exaggerated) Atlas insanity. Frankly, and I want to be clear that I am not blaming Badger, whose post was was hilarious, I think it was my anger at not being able to "one up" him that led to a dramatic snowballing of emotions that took me to every dark place I've ever been. And yet, I feel like a lightening bolt has hit me. I feel amazing today. I feel like God herself (I'll say it again - God is a woman. A big beautiful black woman) breathed life into my lungs.

Today, I pitched a business venture to a well connected friend and a meeting has been scheduled for tomorrow with potential investors tomorrow. I am permanently withdrawing from politics, where all of my friends aside from the God-fearing, decent AFP activists have basically abandoned me or sold out. I have a new life ahead of me today. And it feels 'fiya.

I'm not taking a break from this forum. I love this place. I love you all (including Badger, who again I insist is in no way responsible - his post was fire and brimstone and I seized on every word in awe) and I feel like I actually love life again for the first time in a long time. You guys are the cats pajamas. Keep on Atlas'ing everybody.

Stay healthy big guy
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2017, 11:03:28 PM »

Glad you’re doing better, Sanchez. We’re here for ya!
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2017, 11:19:35 PM »

I'm glad you've seen the light, I already knew this to be true Wink
(Being serious, I wish you nothing but the best)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2017, 04:46:53 AM »

Depression is a difficult demon to fight, and one that I have dealt with for years now (though it used to be much worse; against my better sense of frugality I moved out of my mom's house for my last three semesters of college because I decided that it was best for my mental health).

Kalwejt, Sanchez, and anyone else who is dealing with it will have my support and the support of many people here.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2017, 08:34:09 AM »

BTW I feel better than I had in years guys, thanks for the support and kind words 😀
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2017, 10:54:24 AM »

Great respect for your open words. You have my sympathy. A good friend of my wife suffered from an anxieties disorder for a couple of years, and I once witnessed her collapsing to the ground. I will never forget the picture when she got picked up by the ambulance. Over the last two years, her condition improved. I hope you get well soon.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2017, 10:56:14 AM »

Glad you’re doing better, Sanchez. We’re here for ya!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2017, 11:02:17 AM »

I'm glad to hear you're in a better state now, Sanchez.  Psych wards aren't fun places to be. :/
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2017, 07:02:22 PM »

Kal, depression is a health issue like many other things. Get well and know there are many here who have been through this or are dealing with it now.

Just get well. We're all behind you.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies