Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 03:30:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 74
Author Topic: Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes  (Read 142467 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: May 07, 2018, 06:24:59 PM »

Kendrick Lamar and Beyoncé are both profoundly overrated
You are correct here. I think that all rap music is trash, as well as all pop and hip-hop music (of 2018 that is, not of the way distant past).
well i don't like her solo stuff as much as destiny's child.idk,doesn't really grab me

The song “Halo” is outstanding because it’s one of the few where she really leans into her strengths as a singer - she has otherworldly pipes, not quite Aretha or Whitney level but close - but her most recent output is just not that good. “Lemonade,” as an album, is especially bad.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #926 on: May 07, 2018, 06:55:36 PM »

Here's my own...

Teachers should be paid six figure salaries. There, I said it.

I mean, I think they *should*, too.  I think people shouldn’t cheat on their spouses, too!

They do here (in Illinois), when you factor in the value of the pensions.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #927 on: May 07, 2018, 06:56:55 PM »

Game of Thrones has sucked since season 5
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #928 on: May 07, 2018, 07:57:29 PM »

Avengers: Infinity War is overrated.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #929 on: May 08, 2018, 10:19:31 AM »

This is not a bad take, indeed it is corrext
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #930 on: May 08, 2018, 10:52:35 AM »

Much of the opiate 'crisis' in the United States is driven by hysteria and this has hurt pain patients more than it has helped addicts, the vast majority of which were not legitimate pain patients.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #931 on: May 08, 2018, 12:10:28 PM »

Both of these are just wrong!
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #932 on: May 09, 2018, 02:52:23 PM »

Wind farms are, in terms of aesthetics, extremely elegant additions to the landscape.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #933 on: May 09, 2018, 03:14:02 PM »

Wind farms are, in terms of aesthetics, extremely elegant additions to the landscape.

Agreed.

If you’d read the books you’d know that S5 coincides with A Feast For Crows and Dance with Dragons, which not coincidentally is when the books start to suck, too
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #934 on: May 09, 2018, 04:15:26 PM »

Agreed.

If you’d read the books you’d know that S5 coincides with A Feast For Crows and Dance with Dragons, which not coincidentally is when the books start to suck, too
I disagree I say the opposite the problem with S5 is all the changes they made from the books and that AFFC and ADWD are great
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #935 on: May 09, 2018, 04:25:50 PM »

Infinity War is a good ending point for the whole MCU.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #936 on: May 10, 2018, 01:00:54 AM »

Getting a double masectomy to prevent breast cancer does not make someone “brave” - going through and actually surviving breast cancer does.

Preventive mastectomies aren’t a bad thing in and of themselves of course, I just find the hype around the issue to be strange.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #937 on: May 10, 2018, 06:40:40 AM »

A federal jobs guarantee is not a bad idea.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #938 on: May 10, 2018, 12:09:14 PM »

Inspired by all the current backlash in this thread, rap and hip-hop are currently the most meaningful and impactful genres of music right now.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #939 on: May 10, 2018, 03:43:43 PM »

Most of the sitcoms currently on are awful except The Middle (which is getting cancelled anyway).
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #940 on: May 10, 2018, 04:02:58 PM »

- China is not an evil country, and its economic growth has been the best thing to happen to humanity since the Industrial Revolution.
- Saudi Arabia, on the other hand, is an evil country. (Wonder which country is the US ally?)
- Free trade is good; it has been the main driver for economic growth for the past half-century.
- Cultural exchange can and should be encouraged, but that doesn't mean cultural appropriation isn't a thing.
- Multiculturalism is a good thing, and is totally complementary with womens' and LGBT rights.
- Western culture is not the best culture out there. Yes, the West espouses democracy and human rights, but is not the only culture to do so; likewise, the West brought on colonization and the Holocaust (though other cultures have committed genocide too).
- To go off of the above, there is no objective best culture; each has their strengths and weaknesses, and those strengths and weaknesses ebb and flow with history.
- Atlas is honestly a toxic place for everyone, though especially so for women and minorities.
- In-and-Out is overrated. (Have I said this before?)
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #941 on: May 10, 2018, 04:16:55 PM »

- China is not an evil country, and its economic growth has been the best thing to happen to humanity since the Industrial Revolution.
- Saudi Arabia, on the other hand, is an evil country. (Wonder which country is the US ally?)
- Free trade is good; it has been the main driver for economic growth for the past half-century.
- Cultural exchange can and should be encouraged, but that doesn't mean cultural appropriation isn't a thing.
- Multiculturalism is a good thing, and is totally complementary with womens' and LGBT rights.
- Western culture is not the best culture out there. Yes, the West espouses democracy and human rights, but is not the only culture to do so; likewise, the West brought on colonization and the Holocaust (though other cultures have committed genocide too).
- To go off of the above, there is no objective best culture; each has their strengths and weaknesses, and those strengths and weaknesses ebb and flow with history.
- Atlas is honestly a toxic place for everyone, though especially so for women and minorities.
- In-and-Out is overrated. (Have I said this before?)

I think you meant to post all of that into this thread.

I would think the very last line would be somewhat controversial.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #942 on: May 10, 2018, 04:18:58 PM »

Though your second point is certainly agreeable, I find your first point odd.  One Western country - in the instance of the Holocaust - was MAINLY responsible for genocide and several other Western countries (and non-Western countries) banded together to defeat them ... I don't think that World War II can be attributed to "The West brought on the Holocaust" ... no more than humans as a whole did.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #943 on: May 10, 2018, 04:21:16 PM »

maybe some male posters say weird things about,idk,sex workers or something..but i'm not really seeing it
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #944 on: May 10, 2018, 04:28:07 PM »

maybe some male posters say weird things about,idk,sex workers or something..but i'm not really seeing it

I see plenty of Islamophobia, racism, etc. being thrown around on this forum. I can name examples if you wish, though you can also go see the Absurd and Ignorant Posts thread for a more complete list. To be fair, it's a small handful of posters that say 90% of this toxic garbage, but it's enough to make people feel uncomfortable. And yes, you are right that some male posters do say creepy things, though that has improved with TexArkana's banning.

Not to mention that as a politics forum, even if you take out the racism and sexism, you'll still have a toxic place by nature, as it is the nature of modern politics to be inherently toxic.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #945 on: May 10, 2018, 04:33:24 PM »

Though your second point is certainly agreeable, I find your first point odd.  One Western country - in the instance of the Holocaust - was MAINLY responsible for genocide and several other Western countries (and non-Western countries) banded together to defeat them ... I don't think that World War II can be attributed to "The West brought on the Holocaust" ... no more than humans as a whole did.

The Holocaust is only the most egregious example of the West doing horrible stuff. I also mentioned colonization in the same sentence, which obviously had very bad consequences for many people. And, going off of what you said, just because it was Germany that perpetrated the Holocaust doesn't mean that other Western countries weren't very anti-Semitic historically.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #946 on: May 10, 2018, 09:12:15 PM »

The music takes in this thread regarding hip hop are actually bad. In fact, most takes in this thread fall under the category of really bad. But music is my favorite thing so those takes are killing me especially.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #947 on: May 10, 2018, 09:56:23 PM »

Nick Saban isn't even the best coach active right now, let alone of all time.

Recruiter? Yes. Coach? No.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #948 on: May 11, 2018, 01:56:13 AM »

Infinity War is a good ending point for the whole MCU.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #949 on: May 11, 2018, 06:41:44 AM »

Nick Saban isn't even the best coach active right now, let alone of all time.

Recruiter? Yes. Coach? No.

Who is?

Chris Petersen at Washington. Followed closely by Bill Snyder at Kansas St. and Gary Patterson at TCU.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies