Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:41:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 82
Author Topic: Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians  (Read 172337 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: December 01, 2017, 09:24:14 PM »

I don't like Ryan's politics (or really Republicans of any stripe at all), but legally ejecting everyone associated with Trump and his campaign from the government and replacing him with Ryan would be a huge step in the right direction for this country.

Disagreements over policy I can do. Treason? Nah.

Also Ryan wouldn’t hire slapasses like Flynn or Tillerson, so I guess there’s that
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #776 on: December 01, 2017, 09:35:22 PM »

I don't like Ryan's politics (or really Republicans of any stripe at all), but legally ejecting everyone associated with Trump and his campaign from the government and replacing him with Ryan would be a huge step in the right direction for this country.

Disagreements over policy I can do. Treason? Nah.

Also Ryan wouldn’t hire slapasses like Flynn or Tillerson, so I guess there’s that

I agree with the general sentiment, but Ryan's clearly fine with treason, so he's not quite as huge an improvement as folks here seem to think.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #777 on: December 01, 2017, 10:12:05 PM »

To be honest, I see three potential presidents coming out of this.

Likely: President Mike Pence
Trump gets removed and Pence survives the Russian scandal

Could happen: President Paul Ryan
Both Trump and Pence are taken down together

Unlikely: President Nikki Haley
When Trump gets taken down, Pence somehow survives the initial onslaught of the Russia scandal and will become president and he will likely appoint Haley as VP. Pence will then be charged later on based on more information coming out of the Russia investigation and he will be removed clearing way for the 47th President of the United States, Nikki Haley. 
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #778 on: December 01, 2017, 11:49:50 PM »

Oh by the way ....
Where is EnglishPete ?
I want him to remind us, how this whole "Russian Scandal" was just one big witch hunt and all just Fake News.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #779 on: December 02, 2017, 12:03:54 AM »
« Edited: December 02, 2017, 12:07:02 AM by Crumpets »

Oh by the way ....
Where is EnglishPete ?
I want him to remind us, how this whole "Russian Scandal" was just one big witch hunt and all just Fake News.

I'm guessing his take on this is either:

1. Flynn is being blackmailed by Mueller into signing a false confession
2. Flynn was never loyal to begin with and has been part of the grand conspiracy to destroy Trump since the beginning (he did work for Obama after all)
3. Yeah, what Flynn did was illegal, but it shouldn't be.
or 4. That wasn't really Mike Flynn but an elaborate lookalike! The real Flynn is being held against his will by hostile FBI agents! How do we even know that confession is real? Confessions can be coerced! This is exactly what Stalin did during the purges!
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #780 on: December 02, 2017, 12:05:08 AM »

Man, ABC is getting a lot of heat tonight from some pretty solid people like Haberman, Darcy, and others.

It's journalism 101 to have more than one source confirm. Their inability to do that led to a 350 point drop in stock market.

I'm glad the report was wrong, and it was a monumental retraction.

The same guy who broke this false report also broke the false report that th Aurora theater shooter was a tea party operative.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #781 on: December 02, 2017, 12:11:15 AM »

Man, ABC is getting a lot of heat tonight from some pretty solid people like Haberman, Darcy, and others.

It's journalism 101 to have more than one source confirm. Their inability to do that led to a 350 point drop in stock market.

The same guy who broke this false report also broke the false report that th Aurora theater shooter was a tea party operative.

LOL.
You are watching way to much Faux News.
Are you kidding us ? ..... From all the extreme revelations released today, your only comment is about the small dip in the stock market ?
Really ? !
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #782 on: December 02, 2017, 12:14:23 AM »

LOL.
Are you kidding us ? ..... From all the extreme revelations released today, your only comment is about the small dip in the stock market ?
Really ? !

Dude....ABC shook the nation this morning when it reported that trump as a candidate asked flynn to talk with russians.

They literally retracted the story, and it turned out president elect trump asked flynn to contact 12 nations regarding ISIS.

There was nothing earth shattering today. Flynn was found guilty for the same thing he got fired over...Lying.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #783 on: December 02, 2017, 12:28:33 AM »

There was nothing earth shattering today. Flynn was found guilty for the same thing he got fired over...Lying.
Just stop.... the deal clearly outlines that he was given that charge as compensation for cooperating with their investigation. He is going to implicate and testify against individuals above him which only leaves Trump, Trump Jr, Pence, and Kushner.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #784 on: December 02, 2017, 12:35:18 AM »

Just stop.... the deal clearly outlines that he was given that charge as compensation for cooperating with their investigation. He is going to implicate and testify against individuals above him which only leaves Trump, Trump Jr, Pence, and Kushner.

Yeah. We have a plea deal, and given the lightness of Flynn's charges, he probably has some significant dirt.

Maybe not on Trump directly, but definitely on someone higher up. We'll see.
emcee0
Canada

« Reply #785 on: December 02, 2017, 04:29:13 AM »

Congrats to President Pence and Vice President Haley.
I doubt mother would let him pick a female VP.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #786 on: December 02, 2017, 05:33:29 AM »

A little off topic, but how will the Senate passing its terrible tax cuts for the wealthy now affect this investigation? I've heard it said that Republicans in Congress are ready to throw Trump under the bus after he gets his "win" and signs this deplorable tax cuts bill for their donors. After that, if Mueller does get Trump, will congressional Republicans actually impeach him (if he tries to fire Mueller or if Mueller provides proof that Trump broke numerous laws) or will they still act as cowards because they fear the wrath of Trump's cult members a.k.a. the deplorables?
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #787 on: December 02, 2017, 06:14:29 AM »

Since none of us are actually psychic, we don't know for sure. I would think that they would try to get Trump to resign first to avoid the need to actually have a vote.

If Trump resigns of his own volition, he doesn't become a "martyr" to the alt-right.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #788 on: December 02, 2017, 07:10:25 AM »

LOL.
Really ? !

Dude....ABC shook the nation this morning when it reported that trump as a candidate asked flynn to talk with russians.

They literally retracted the story, and it turned out president elect trump asked flynn to contact 12 nations regarding ISIS.

4 members of team Trump have been indicted so far...

What's not earth shattering?

And it was a plea deal. There's a reason Flynn isn't getting charged with being an illegal foreign agent.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #789 on: December 02, 2017, 10:52:12 AM »

One qualification: an official source is definitive (death, indictment, conviction, financial transaction, marriage, sporting results).
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #790 on: December 02, 2017, 11:19:10 AM »

Interesting bit in the WSJ story (https://www.wsj.com/articles/on-a-big-day-flynn-grabs-the-spotlight-1512174716):

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #791 on: December 02, 2017, 11:23:26 AM »

I think he could get away with pardoning Manafort and Gates, but pardoning Flynn would’ve been pretty damning evidence of obstruction.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #792 on: December 02, 2017, 12:09:47 PM »

Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #793 on: December 02, 2017, 12:12:05 PM »

Can we not post obvious bullsh**t please?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #794 on: December 02, 2017, 12:22:15 PM »

Then we would have to delete the whole thread Cry Where's the fun in that?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #795 on: December 02, 2017, 12:27:51 PM »

Trump this morning:

So according to this...

1. Flynn lied (including to the FBI) about something that Trump says was lawful.

2. Trump knew what Flynn was doing, and only fired him for lying about it.

Somewhere in the White House, Trump's lawyers are sending out for more Maalox.
kyc0705

« Reply #796 on: December 02, 2017, 12:48:42 PM »

Trump this morning:

So according to this...

1. Flynn lied (including to the FBI) about something that Trump says was lawful.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but coupled with Trump's efforts to halt the Russia investigation, couldn't this be used as evidence for charges of obstruction of justice?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #797 on: December 02, 2017, 12:52:29 PM »

Trump this morning:

So according to this...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but coupled with Trump's efforts to halt the Russia investigation, couldn't this be used as evidence for charges of obstruction of justice?

I believe so, which is why I added the Maalox comment. Smiley
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #798 on: December 02, 2017, 01:05:16 PM »

LOL.
Really ? !

Dude,
The Dow Jones industrial average briefly dropped 350 points before closing 40.76 points lower ( -0.17% ) at 24,231.59 for the day. It was a nothing-burger (if I can borrow that word from our infamous EnglishPete).

You are having a conniption fit over a small, quite-often seen "swing" in the market. Just because your Faux News or Breitbart try to turn it into the event of the century, doesn't mean you should post it and look foolish in our Forum.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #799 on: December 02, 2017, 01:19:52 PM »

Trump this morning:

So according to this...

The thing is, obstruction charges probably martyr him. His supporters will think there was nothing there so they got him on a technicality.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies