I met a cute guy in West Virginia...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:46:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I met a cute guy in West Virginia...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: I met a cute guy in West Virginia...  (Read 3717 times)
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2017, 11:42:10 PM »

Hey, Commiela, still think gay men are better?
Unless you're gay, don't pretend that you understand gay men or our experiences.  I definitely wonder how this guy is treated in West Virginia.  While Icespear shouldn't be so condescending, the LGBT community is particularly vulnerable in rural areas with a socially conservative culture.

I doubt you would have said something like this if we were talking about race.  And I can't help but get the feeling that you're going out of your way to try and impress Kamala.  Roll Eyes

... You must be tons of fun to joke around with.

Can confirm he is one of the funniest people I know so yes, he absolutely is.

Too bad he couldn't discern that a simple joke neither said nor meant anything offensive towards gay men.

*puts on cliche straight white person voice* I LOVE gay men. Some of my best friends are gay! *shows you my old FB profile pic with the rainbow flag*

Assuming that you're straight, which is far from a stretch, the issue here is that your jokes are tone-deaf and unfunny.

Honestly, when I replaced gay men with black men when rereading my original post, I cringed. So, obviously, I did say something that was insensitive and wrong, despite not even noticing it at first. That’s my bad and I do apologize.

Thank you.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2017, 08:29:10 AM »

I, for one, am VERY IMPRESSED with Jacobin American.

Shipping Jacobin/Kamala now.
kyc0705

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2017, 10:25:29 AM »
« Edited: October 27, 2017, 10:30:29 AM by kyc0705 »

The last thing that goes through my mind when I chat with a guy on Grindr is "Wow, I should share this experience on one of the dumbest websites I visit on a regular basis!"

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2017, 10:37:53 AM »

Great, another Sparky stalker thread.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2017, 12:04:54 PM »

Ah, so it wasn't just me me thinking that.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2017, 12:26:36 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2017, 12:32:44 PM by Devout Centrist »

Icespear, your absence will be missed.

Unless you're gay, don't pretend that you understand gay men or our experiences.  I definitely wonder how this guy is treated in West Virginia.  While Icespear shouldn't be so condescending, the LGBT community is particularly vulnerable in rural areas with a socially conservative culture.

I doubt you would have said something like this if we were talking about race.  And I can't help but get the feeling that you're going out of your way to try and impress Kamala.  Roll Eyes
Oh my god these two posts...

Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2017, 12:47:11 PM »

The last thing that goes through my mind when I chat with a guy on Grindr is "Wow, I should share this experience on one of the dumbest websites I visit on a regular basis!"

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2017, 12:49:12 PM »

did you roleplay as an elitist coming to shutdown his coal mine?

Or he's going all-Zed on him, with Hillary as Maynard watching with delight.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2017, 01:35:32 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2017, 01:37:19 PM by Snowguy716 »

What is wrong with my post?  Are you implying that I'm too sensitive about the reality of being gay in a hostile environment that is also your home?  Are you upset that I didn't laugh at Jacobin's joke?

Maybe you're trying to impress other posters with your casual "*scoff* pshaw... look at these two losers!" schtick?

I am really confused here!  I don't know whether to think you're just awful or if you're mostly just background noise... or both?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2017, 01:51:15 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2017, 01:57:42 PM by shua »

What is wrong with my post?  Are you implying that I'm too sensitive about the reality of being gay in a hostile environment that is also your home?  Are you upset that I didn't laugh at Jacobin's joke?

Maybe you're trying to impress other posters with your casual "*scoff* pshaw... look at these two losers!" schtick?

I am really confused here!  I don't know whether to think you're just awful or if you're mostly just background noise... or both?

The problem isn't that you didn't think it was funny (it wasn't especially), its that the fact that you didn't understand what it was about didn't keep you from attacking people over it.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2017, 02:08:42 PM »

Where does he imply he doesn't know what it was about? It's from just about the most active thread in the forum?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2017, 02:11:38 PM »

The problem isn't that you didn't get the joke, its that the fact that you didn't understand what it was about didn't keep you from attacking people over it.
I understood perfectly what it was about.  I also understood the intention, which was to impress Kamala at the expense of Icespear and, inappropriately, all gay men.

And now you are, by your own definition, attacking me and making assumptions about my ability to understand context and intention.  Get over yourself.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2017, 02:33:21 PM »

More or less Jacobin's initial post paired with your accusations of trying to impress Kamala.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2017, 02:49:55 PM »

Unless you're gay, don't pretend that you understand gay men or our experiences.  I definitely wonder how this guy is treated in West Virginia.  While Icespear shouldn't be so condescending, the LGBT community is particularly vulnerable in rural areas with a socially conservative culture.

I doubt you would have said something like this if we were talking about race.  And I can't help but get the feeling that you're going out of your way to try and impress Kamala.  Roll Eyes

What is wrong with my post?  Are you implying that I'm too sensitive about the reality of being gay in a hostile environment that is also your home?  Are you upset that I didn't laugh at Jacobin's joke?

I am really confused here!  I don't know whether to think you're just awful or if you're mostly just background noise... or both?

More or less Jacobin's initial post paired with your accusations of trying to impress Kamala.
I guess I couldn't really discern that from you quoting my entire post and then remarking "oh my god these two posts..."  I had to interpret it based on your past behavior, and in that context, it came off as typically haughty and for effect.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2017, 03:20:23 PM »

To be fair, it only did because it was in West Virginia. Atlas never crossed my mind when I had Grindr hookups during my road trip in Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Kansas City, Salina, Omaha, Rapid City, Sioux Falls, Denver, Salt Lake City, Cheyenne, Missoula, Twin Falls, Coeur D'Alene, Spokane, and Seattle. Smiley
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2017, 03:22:28 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2017, 04:33:58 PM by IceSpear »

Also, I still have no idea what the Snowguy/Jacobin/Kamala etc. etc. stuff is all about. Anyone want to fill me in?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. I saw that thread was a dumpster fire after only page 1 and didn't go further until now. lol
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2017, 03:27:35 PM »

... You must be tons of fun to joke around with.

Can confirm he is one of the funniest people I know so yes, he absolutely is.

You are very lucky you put “one of”, or else we would have some problems... It might have cost you your feet.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2017, 03:27:59 PM »

The problem isn't that you didn't get the joke, its that the fact that you didn't understand what it was about didn't keep you from attacking people over it.
I understood perfectly what it was about.  I also understood the intention, which was to impress Kamala at the expense of Icespear and, inappropriately, all gay men.

And now you are, by your own definition, attacking me and making assumptions about my ability to understand context and intention.  Get over yourself.

I'm not attacking you. I'm pointing out something you do that causes you unnecessary arguments with people, which is to on zero real evidence impute motives to people who say things that make you feel uncomfortable for whatever reason.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2017, 04:10:07 PM »

Unless you're gay, don't pretend that you understand gay men or our experiences.  I definitely wonder how this guy is treated in West Virginia.  While Icespear shouldn't be so condescending, the LGBT community is particularly vulnerable in rural areas with a socially conservative culture.

I doubt you would have said something like this if we were talking about race.  And I can't help but get the feeling that you're going out of your way to try and impress Kamala.  Roll Eyes

What is wrong with my post?  Are you implying that I'm too sensitive about the reality of being gay in a hostile environment that is also your home?  Are you upset that I didn't laugh at Jacobin's joke?

I am really confused here!  I don't know whether to think you're just awful or if you're mostly just background noise... or both?

I understood perfectly what it was about.  I also understood the intention, which was to impress Kamala at the expense of Icespear and, inappropriately, all gay men.

And now you are, by your own definition, attacking me and making assumptions about my ability to understand context and intention.  Get over yourself.

I'm not attacking you. I'm pointing out something you do that causes you unnecessary arguments with people, which is to on zero real evidence impute motives to people who say things that make you feel uncomfortable for whatever reason.
I'm sorry that you don't get it, Shua.  You are lucky that you are not particularly sensitive about, well, any topic really.  Such dispassion must truly make things easier.  Unfortunately, sensitivity about identity issues doesn't just come out of irrational emotionality.  It comes from a systemic discrimination coupled with negative and emotionally painful experiences that are not resolved or even resolvable over a period of time, in my case, my entire life.

It becomes especially infuriating when you are then dismissed as overly emotional or melancholy "for whatever reason" because you "impute[d] motives to people" based "on zero real evidence".

JacobinAmerican already admitted the joke was in poor taste after he looked at it in a different, but similar context and apologized.  The guy who made the joke provided all the evidence I needed.

And I just really don't like Devoutcentrist... nor does he like me.  And he has made snide comments towards me in the past, hence why I have not treated him particularly well.

I expect that, in your stubborn dispassion, you will dismiss my reasoning as you have already dismissed my experience simply as 'feeling uncomfortable for whatever reason.'
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2017, 04:33:45 PM »

I concede that it was in poor taste and offensive, which I honestly didn't intend. The fault there is my own. However, I disagree with the conclusion that it was "to impress Kamala" because it really wasn't. I made a series of half-serious and joking posts yesterday and that was simply one of them. And boy, what a clusterf*** it turned into...
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2017, 05:14:46 PM »

... You must be tons of fun at parties.
Don't be a douch to gay men asswhipe.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2017, 06:31:39 PM »

I concede that it was in poor taste and offensive, which I honestly didn't intend. The fault there is my own. However, I disagree with the conclusion that it was "to impress Kamala" because it really wasn't. I made a series of half-serious and joking posts yesterday and that was simply one of them. And boy, what a clusterf*** it turned into...
It's alright.  You don't need my forgiveness but you can have it anyway.  I hope you forgive me for misinterpreting your intention.  My offense led me to the worst conclusion.  I'd honestly rather discussions get heated like this and people yell at each other a bit... hopefully with the end result being that we all understand each other better.  That's how you, in my opinion, build respect and community.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2017, 07:43:26 PM »

Gross, I ignore now.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2017, 08:35:42 PM »

To be fair, it only did because it was in West Virginia. Atlas never crossed my mind when I had Grindr hookups during my road trip in Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Kansas City, Salina, Omaha, Rapid City, Sioux Falls, Denver, Salt Lake City, Cheyenne, Missoula, Twin Falls, Coeur D'Alene, Spokane, and Seattle. Smiley

Rip your hole
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2017, 08:45:20 PM »

Rip your hole

More like their holes. Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies