So Labor....(and others involved)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:02:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  So Labor....(and others involved)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: So Labor....(and others involved)  (Read 2573 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2017, 03:23:41 AM »
« edited: October 25, 2017, 03:30:14 AM by Vice President PiT »

X% of the electorate not voting for the winner is a lousy non-argument IRL, and it is even worse in Atlasia when a good chunk is always dropping off due to not voting. What's more, attrition typically ramps up when Atlasia gets particularly large and the population rightsizes.

It's actually a very good metric considering the only remotely comparable examples were close-fought races. Y'all have killed participation in this game: own it.

In other words races where the winner ended up close to 50% of the vote...like fhtagn did this time. Keep spinning.

Equating "close to 50%" with "winning by a vote or two" is disingenuous and you know it. She won by 25 points in the round in which she was elected and would have won in the next round by a much heftier margin than any one else in recent years who has carried anything less than 35% of the electorate (of which there are few).

She won by 25 points because there were two other candidates who took almost equal shares. If there is one other candidate and you rack up just over 50%, then the result is winning by a vote or two. You're trying to tell me that a vote share of 51% is a fundamentally different result with respect to share of the entire population when the race is 51-25-24 than when it is 51-49, because the vote margin is different. You're creating an equivalence between vote margin and vote share that does not hold water, because there was an extra major candidate in there.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2017, 03:47:33 AM »

Wow Atlasia looks like it's gone even further downhill. Does ideology even matter? All this ratf[inks]ing BS is a lot less entertaining when it's mostly teenagers in #southernchat participating.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2017, 03:49:54 AM »

Wow Atlasia looks like it's gone even further downhill. Does ideology even matter? All this ratf[inks]ing BS is a lot less entertaining when it's mostly teenagers in #southernchat participating.
Yes, apologies for not fitting into your little clique.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2017, 03:54:12 AM »

Wait what's my clique? lol, I'm a NONPARTISAN observer here.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2017, 03:56:45 AM »

Generally speaking people who use the "southernchat" argument judge for no apparent reason because oh my, people like talking to each other in a chat. I don't understand the constant judging of those who chat on said chat or those who take this game seriously, people are actually having fun or found something they can actually like in life and are constantly judged and at some points even harassed for it, if you don't like it, just ignore it.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2017, 04:01:08 AM »

Generally speaking people who use the "southernchat" argument judge for no apparent reason because oh my, people like talking to each other in a chat. I don't understand the constant judging of those who chat on said chat or those who take this game seriously, people are actually having fun or found something they can actually like in life and are constantly judged and at some points even harassed for it, if you don't like it, just ignore it.

Since I'm not participating, I'm seeing what's happening for entertainment purposes. I find a lot of people in #southernchat boring so of course that's going to impact how I view the game when they run it. I'm friends with snowdude and smilo so it's not like I hate you all!

Congrats on defeating the biggest bores of them all (Truman and Lumine.) They suck more.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2017, 04:02:11 AM »

If you saw the drama behind the scenes you wouldn't think it was so boring Wink
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2017, 04:15:26 AM »

I know that you all love to stay polite on main atlas for some stupid reason but at least do interesting things outside of your chatrooms/pms. Maybe that could assist w/ increasing participation in the game.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2017, 04:17:51 AM »

I know that you all love to stay polite on main atlas for some stupid reason but at least do interesting things outside of your chatrooms/pms. Maybe that could assist w/ increasing participation in the game.
Hey I've been trying to amp up the drama on atlas, see the last 2 posts Tongue Although this is a legit concern
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2017, 12:04:55 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2017, 12:10:45 AM by Old School Republican »

Maybe the left will be relegated to the status the right was here from 2013-2016. Hopefully the next time Labor wins an election it will be when they become a centrist party. 
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2017, 03:19:01 PM »

Maybe the left will be relegated to the status the right was here from 2013-2016. Hopefully the next time Labor wins an election it will be when they become a centrist party. 
no.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2017, 03:06:36 AM »

IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2017, 07:22:17 PM »

good heavens know; we don't need too party that are literally identical rather than two parties that are merely incredibly similar.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies