Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:30:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 140874 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: June 01, 2018, 07:09:32 PM »

My paternal grandmother, who is my last living grandparent, went to the doctor, and they discovered a fast-growing, potentially cancerous growth in one of her lungs. Her overall well-being has gone downhill; she's lost weight, she barely eats, has trouble breathing and even her memory is starting to fade. Your thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Prayers sent. Sad
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1351 on: June 01, 2018, 07:13:54 PM »

My paternal grandmother, who is my last living grandparent, went to the doctor, and they discovered a fast-growing, potentially cancerous growth in one of her lungs. Her overall well-being has gone downhill; she's lost weight, she barely eats, has trouble breathing and even her memory is starting to fade. Your thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated.

I'm so sorry, you and your family are in my thoughts Sad
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1352 on: June 02, 2018, 10:56:06 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that, and really hope she gets better.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1353 on: June 02, 2018, 11:24:17 AM »

Hope your grandmother gets better soon.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1354 on: June 02, 2018, 07:32:06 PM »

Lost 7-8 pounds in the last week. Now I’m 180.1 lb, 5’ 11”. My doctor guessed I would weigh 150 since last year I weighed about 140 and “didn’t look any bigger to him.”
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1355 on: June 02, 2018, 08:37:27 PM »

That sucks, dude. Sending well wishes from out West. Sad
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #1356 on: June 02, 2018, 09:32:38 PM »

Hope your grandmother gets better soon.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1357 on: June 03, 2018, 03:41:33 PM »

Watched the Israel Day Parade in NY today. God bless Israel!
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1358 on: June 03, 2018, 08:08:12 PM »

My daughter turned one recently. Most of the posters I argue with are several years younger than me. I feel old.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1359 on: June 03, 2018, 08:26:00 PM »

My daughter turned one recently. Most of the posters I argue with are several years younger than me. I feel old.

Age is inevitable. Comfort and family are not.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1360 on: June 03, 2018, 11:02:07 PM »

My new favorite quote from my mother is, “AR-15s aren’t assault rifles because that’s a made up term by people who know nothing about guns.”

I corrected her by saying that an assault rifle is a “selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.” For some reason, she didn’t appreciate the irony in “knowing nothing about guns.”
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1361 on: June 03, 2018, 11:09:31 PM »

My new favorite quote from my mother is, “AR-15s aren’t assault rifles because that’s a made up term by people who know nothing about guns.”

I corrected her by saying that an assault rifle is a “selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.” For some reason, she didn’t appreciate the irony in “knowing nothing about guns.”
There's no universal definition of 'assault rifles'. So your mom is partly correct, partly incorrect.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1362 on: June 03, 2018, 11:13:39 PM »

Lost 7-8 pounds in the last week. Now I’m 180.1 lb, 5’ 11”. My doctor guessed I would weigh 150 since last year I weighed about 140 and “didn’t look any bigger to him.”

I'm 5' 11" too and weight 170, tell me is that fat? I feel like a fatass constantly and used to make myself vomit a bunch but no one will admit I'm fat.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #1363 on: June 04, 2018, 06:40:06 PM »

Not to be an attention whore or anything, but uh, the rampant homophobia of my family is really starting to weigh on me. My mental health is really screwed. While I won't seek out death, if it came looking for me I doubt I would resist very hard. Because, or despite all this, I think I need a little break from the hectic world of American politics. Basically, I'll be taking a bit of a break from Atlas.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1364 on: June 05, 2018, 01:20:53 AM »

Not to be an attention whore or anything, but uh, the rampant homophobia of my family is really starting to weigh on me. My mental health is really screwed. While I won't seek out death, if it came looking for me I doubt I would resist very hard. Because, or despite all this, I think I need a little break from the hectic world of American politics. Basically, I'll be taking a bit of a break from Atlas.
Best wishes man.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -6.09

P P P

« Reply #1365 on: June 05, 2018, 07:31:26 AM »

All the best to you, you’re a great guy and I only want to see the best for you.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1366 on: June 06, 2018, 10:25:16 PM »

I joined the big 6-0 club today, but in a fairly laid back fashion. I mowed the lawn, answered email, and enjoyed the evening with my church choir as they sang and served cake. I got just a couple of presents, but they were pretty cool. My kids got me a lightweight, heavy-duty camera tripod for my travels. My wife got me a bottle of premiere cru grande champagne Pierre Ferrand cognac (delicious and oh so smooth).

But the unintentional surprise birthday gift came during my call from mom. As we talked about my childhood she mentioned the train trip we took from Dallas to Chicago in 1962. After the call I found an old timetable online and sure enough there were 17 counties I hadn't counted as having traveled through. Seeing as I have a goal to reach 2000 counties this year, my task just got much easier.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1367 on: June 06, 2018, 10:30:18 PM »

I joined the big 6-0 club today, but in a fairly laid back fashion. I mowed the lawn, answered email, and enjoyed the evening with my church choir as they sang and served cake. I got just a couple of presents, but they were pretty cool. My kids got me a lightweight, heavy-duty camera tripod for my travels. My wife got me a bottle of premiere cru grande champagne Pierre Ferrand cognac (delicious and oh so smooth).

But the unintentional surprise birthday gift came during my call from mom. As we talked about my childhood she mentioned the train trip we took from Dallas to Chicago in 1962. After the call I found an old timetable online and sure enough there were 17 counties I hadn't counted as having traveled through. Seeing as I have a goal to reach 2000 counties this year, my task just got much easier.
Happy Birthday!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1368 on: June 06, 2018, 10:39:57 PM »

Happy Birthday!
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1369 on: June 06, 2018, 10:47:40 PM »

Happy Birthday!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1370 on: June 07, 2018, 07:00:26 AM »

Happy Birthday!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1371 on: June 07, 2018, 07:27:02 AM »

Happy Birthday!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1372 on: June 07, 2018, 02:33:11 PM »

The Tel Aviv pride parade is tomorrow and I'm going for the first time Tongue It's gonna be fun, and I'll meet the new guy for the first time too.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1373 on: June 07, 2018, 05:07:02 PM »

I swear, I thought pride month was May, not June. I wasted all my seasonal cheer.
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #1374 on: June 07, 2018, 05:36:16 PM »

Happy Birthday!
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies