politicalmasta73 for Lincoln Assembly
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:28:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  politicalmasta73 for Lincoln Assembly
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: politicalmasta73 for Lincoln Assembly  (Read 1872 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 21, 2017, 09:13:17 PM »
« edited: October 23, 2017, 07:38:22 PM by politicalmasta73 »

my platform-

Campaign Finance Reform                                                                

We need to limit the power of big money donors by making the maximum donation 2,700 dollars. We shouldn't value money over a voters vote. This also means banning all super PACs or forms of political interest group contributions of money

Health Care

We can not trust the insurance companies at all in the health of ones life without heavy regulations by our government. A single payer system is our best option, and you can trust the government to regulate your costs more than a corporation.

Abortion

I believe that abortion should be an option for teenagers, rape victims, and in cases of incest, but not in any other cases I believe it shouldn’t be an option. However, I still do believe PP should be funded.

LGBT Community

Easy. Same rights as anyone else in all cases.

Foreign Policy

I believe we need to focus on issues at home before we get swamped in debt by nation building and fighting other people’s wars.

Local Chamber

I will work with the Governor to shrink the size of the chamber and put stricter rules on inactivity

Taxes

We need to take the tax burden of hard working Atlasians and put it on the top 1%. We need stronger regulations against offshore tax havens and make them pay for the government they abuse

Free Expression

All have the right to stand for what they believe in, but of course of threats of violence and similar exceptions aren’t the case.

Education

We will use the extra taxes from the top 1% to fund free college and create a free lunch program.

Housing

I support cheaper, more accessible housing by using a voucher for low income families

Death Penalty

Oppose it overall, although I could support it for a few particularly heinous crimes

Gun Regulation

We need instant background checks to make sure none of the wrong people get their hands on a gun.

help me win for a more prosperous lincoln!

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 09:40:38 PM »

So you're challenging a Senator who has been a stalwart supporter of just about everything you've outlined here...why? Why not run for Assembly? The regional legislature is a great way to get your feet wet and also help quell the inactivity issues that we've had in recent sessions.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 09:42:16 PM »

So you're challenging a Senator who has been a stalwart supporter of just about everything you've outlined here...why? Why not run for Assembly? The regional legislature is a great way to get your feet wet and also help quell the inactivity issues that we've had in recent sessions.

i would, but they seem to be more engraved incumbents
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 09:49:41 PM »

I'd like to think that the main reason why the current assembly keeps getting re-elected is because no one else runs.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 09:56:05 PM »

Two questions, purely for my curiosity.

1. Why are you a Federalist?
2. What are these "districts" of which you speak?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 10:00:44 PM »

1. I am a federalist in the mold of the moderate wave that is taking over the party

2. I guess adding that to my platform didn't make much sense

3. I wish us both luck this election!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 10:01:52 PM »

And Scott, who has served in the Class II Senate seat since August of 2016, is not an "engraved incumbent"?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 10:03:45 PM »

And Scott, who has served in the Class II Senate seat since August of 2016, is not an "engraved incumbent"?

of course he is, but the chamber virtually guarantees re-election currently
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 10:08:01 PM »

1. I am a federalist in the mold of the moderate wave that is taking over the party

2. I guess adding that to my platform didn't make much sense

3. I wish us both luck this election!

Okay then, even though as a Federalist you would be running to the left of me on healthcare, since the healthcare bill I helped write and pass was not single-payer.

Good luck, although as I've said I haven't made up my mind for December in the scenario Labor doesn't win the presidency.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 02:02:00 AM »

Always great to see people getting involved; but in regards to your plans the the last thing we need to do is shrink the size of a 3 member Assembly that has already been relatively lethargic
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 08:09:59 AM »

Always great to see people getting involved; but in regards to your plans the the last thing we need to do is shrink the size of a 3 member Assembly that has already been relatively lethargic
of course we can adjust the rules to accomodate people as we go, but in general a small, active chamber is better then a large, inactive chamber. Thank's for sharing your concern!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 01:45:53 PM »

my platform-

Campaign Finance Reform                                                                

I will not let corporations tilt our sacred election process to one side or another. We need to establish a system of limited donations from corporations as they are not people and do not deserve to be recognized like the people

So since the Washington Post is a corporation, and an op/ed in their national newspaper endorsing the Dems is of value, you support limiting the length of time the Washington Post can post such an op/ed on their website, yes?

Because otherwise im not sure what you mean, since non-PAC corporate entities arent even allowed to donate $1 to candidates.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 02:52:25 PM »

my platform-

Campaign Finance Reform                                                                

I will not let corporations tilt our sacred election process to one side or another. We need to establish a system of limited donations from corporations as they are not people and do not deserve to be recognized like the people

So since the Washington Post is a corporation, and an op/ed in their national newspaper endorsing the Dems is of value, you support limiting the length of time the Washington Post can post such an op/ed on their website, yes?

Because otherwise im not sure what you mean, since non-PAC corporate entities arent even allowed to donate $1 to candidates.
are you saying money=free speech? by that standard, bribery should be legalized if money=free speech. I know he have differing opinions, but thank you for the questioN!
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 02:58:28 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2017, 03:01:16 PM by Deputy GM Encke »

my platform-

Campaign Finance Reform                                                                

are you saying money=free speech? by that standard, bribery should be legalized if money=free speech. I know he have differing opinions, but thank you for the questioN!

No, he was pointing out a flaw in your platform. You argue that corporate donations to candidates should be limited, despite the fact that it is illegal for corporations to donate money to candidates anyway.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 04:51:57 PM »

my platform-

Campaign Finance Reform                                                                

No, he was pointing out a flaw in your platform. You argue that corporate donations to candidates should be limited, despite the fact that it is illegal for corporations to donate money to candidates anyway.
oh lol. I apologize. I guess I will remake this part of my platform
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 03:15:42 PM »

bump.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 06:01:57 PM »

Come on, R2, I've been trying.
SamTilden2020

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 06:17:34 PM »

It looks like Sen. Scott isn't running. May the best man win.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 07:49:44 PM »

bump, again
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 03:55:51 PM »

I am declaring my candidacy for the special election Lok announced
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 04:04:10 PM »

Endorsed!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 10:11:56 PM »

I have reached out to governor Lok to discuss negotiating rules for the assembly in order to have an assembly that more progressively works for the people. Hopefully, he is willing to listen.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2017, 10:04:42 PM »

I have reached out to governor Lok to discuss negotiating rules for the assembly in order to have an assembly that more progressively works for the people. Hopefully, he is willing to listen.

Trust me, unless you make it public, he won't listen.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 12:58:57 PM »

We have kicked off the start of the special election. Make sure you get out and vote for one of the two great candidates!

Update on my message to Lok-

He has responded. I suggested a 3 strike system, and rewards to people who are active.

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 09:43:50 PM »

glad to see more votes have come in!

I currently hold a lead of 7-4-1!

thank you for our current progress!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to: