After Weinstein’s fall, Trump accusers wonder: Why not him?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:48:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  After Weinstein’s fall, Trump accusers wonder: Why not him?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: After Weinstein’s fall, Trump accusers wonder: Why not him?  (Read 2649 times)
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2017, 11:50:19 AM »

Come on. There have been accusations against Trump since long before he was a candidate.  There was a rape allegation (later recanted) in Ivana'a 1990 divorce proceeding, and Jill Harth sued Trump for sexual harassment in 1997.  That suit was withdrawn when Trump settled another suit by Harth for breach of contract.

Also, don't forget that the Access Hollywood tape in which Trump boasted of grabbing women by the genitals was recorded in 2005!  It's simply not correct to say that this all came out of nowhere when Trump started running.

Jill Harth's husband was in a lawsuit against Trump during that time.

It's crazy the only time her sexual assault allegations come out of the woodwork is when she is needed to damage Trump's reputation. I mean that could just be a crazy coincidence I am sure!

And the Access Hollywood tape says women let him do stuff because he's famous. Everyone already knows this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2017, 12:00:12 PM »

If it didn't blow out during the campaign, color me sceptical now.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2017, 12:42:10 PM »

Hollywood is a centre of moral accountability whereas the Republican party is not

I literally spit out my drink when I read this. Lol

I know right.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2017, 01:13:25 PM »

It never fails to amaze me how many people, particularly liberal and young people, do not understand the way criminal law works in the United States of America.

As someone who grew up around many policemen, went on ride-alongs until I was 21 years old, and fascinated with criminology , it pains me to see how many people are utterly clueless when it comes to the law.

Little things that regular people see and don't understand. For example, an article will be released saying, "Coroner rules police shooting of suspect a homicide". You'll have people screaming at the top of their lungs, "THE CORONER RULED THAT GUY'S DEATH A HOMICIDE! WHY WON'T THE COP BE CHARGED!?!"

They don't realize that any shooting death, even justified, is always ruled a homicide.

Do you know how many charges of sexual assault and rape are not really sexual assault and rape? Liberals cry about how "75% of rapes and sexual assaults go unpunished." What they are failing to understand is that those cases are typically not sexual assault or rape.

Girl runs into police station. She said she was raped.

What happened?

Guy offered her crack if she'd have sex with him. She had sex with him. Afterwards, he says, "Whoops...all out of drugs."

She gets mad, runs out of the house, finds a cop and says she was "raped".

No she wasn't. At all. This type of crap happens every single day. Call it trouble makers, duping, misogyny, whatever you want, but it is not rape or sexual assault.

Donald Trump was privately bragging to Billy Bush how being famous gets him laid. There is no crime there. No sexual assault, no rape, no nothing. Just a guy being boastful about his sex life due to fame and star-power.

Same thing with this NFL crap. Wanna know why all these NFL players are protesting against police brutality? Because they are troublemakers who don't like cops because cops, rightfully, put them in their place for breaking the law.

An NFL player is arrested every seven days, on average, for crimes as varied as domestic abuse and rape, gun violations, drug offenses, disorderly conduct, burglary, breaking traffic laws, and occasionally even murder. Why do you think people (since I was a teen atleast) refer to it as the "National Felony League"?

It's all about the law guys. Not "social justice" or any of this stuff that half the country doesn't even believe is real. It's about criminal law. Not civil law, not some ugly old woman in a goofy hat in Florida whining about Donald Trump, it's about CRIMINAL LAW.

Once you understand the law, you understand the way the world works. Always remember, the loudest "victims" usually are the ones with something to hide.
ahugecat

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2017, 01:20:09 PM »

Once you understand the law, you understand the way the world works. Always remember, the loudest "victims" usually are the ones with something to hide.

This needs to be shown to everyone in America.

This is 100% the truth.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2017, 02:42:54 PM »

This is 100% the truth.

No, like all Reaganfan posts, this is 100% retarded. I understand how you made that mistake though.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2017, 02:44:59 PM »

Hollywood is a centre of moral accountability whereas the Republican party is not
"Who doesn't want to finks little girls? Everyone does!"-Polanski
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2017, 02:51:40 PM »

This is 100% the truth.

No, like all Reaganfan posts, this is 100% retarded. I understand how you made that mistake though.

No it's not. No it's not, Jake. Seriously, and this is the problem with liberal thinkers.

They can't handle the truth, because the truth sometimes offends. Liberals can't stand if anyone gets offended, so they won't tell the truth.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2017, 02:52:43 PM »

"Who doesn't want to finks little girls? Everyone does!"-Polanski

If a Republican officeholder said that he would jump 10 points in the polls
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2017, 06:22:22 PM »

Just came by to see how many of the MAGA people were defending sexual assault when Trump does it.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2017, 06:27:14 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2017, 06:31:08 PM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Republicans wanted a tax cut and hated Obama so much that they by and large stood by Trump even after the Access Hollywood tape, revealing themselves to be complete hypocrites and scumbags. Smiley

Yeah I don't want to hear a word from Republicans about "family values" ever again

You'll hear about it every year for the next 30+ years that Justice Gorsuch is on the bench.

Ok... i guess family values entails fawning over a guy who marvels at his daughter's tits and his VP who is so supposedly dedicated to Christian values that he ignores the Access Hollywood and other chicanery.

Guess we'll have to revisit this when Goodwin Liu becomes a SCOTUS Judge to see whether it was still worth it to give the monster the keys to the White House.

Depends on who Liu replaces in that scenario.

The Evengelicals realized that it doesn't matter if the President is born again and an evangelical himself. It is about numbers on the Supreme Court and they decided that a New York Values businessman was best means to produce those justices. Along the way, Trump made some very smart decisions to strengthen that, from releasing the list of 21 Justices, to picking Pence as his trusted messenger to sell that to the community.

As a result, Trump will likely go down in history as the Republican who received the most support from Evangelicals in the generation election. Bush got 78% on 26% share of the electorate, Trump got 81% on a 26% of the electorate.

AtorBoltox

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2017, 06:35:20 PM »

Reaganfans post makes me feel like we’ll be seeing him on the news in a few years as the next Brock Turner
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2017, 06:40:21 PM »

What happened?

Guy offered her crack if she'd have sex with him. She had sex with him. Afterwards, he says, "Whoops...all out of drugs."

No she wasn't. At all.

The jig is up, crackhead.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2017, 07:51:09 PM »

There are these things called voters.

It was obvious even last year that a handful of people were belching decades old Fake News targeting President Trump in order to prop up a loser's failing campaign. The voters saw through the ruse.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2017, 01:27:20 AM »

E.g., Trump.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2017, 09:45:42 AM »

This is 100% the truth.

HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2017, 04:37:48 PM »

So basically Republicans are defending themselves by comparing themselves to the godless Hollywood liberals responsible for culture rot who they hate. That makes sense.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2017, 06:53:33 PM »

It's not rape or sexual assault if Trump does it.
ahugecat

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2017, 07:03:39 PM »

So basically Republicans are defending themselves by comparing themselves to the godless Hollywood liberals responsible for culture rot who they hate. That makes sense.

1. Republicans don't accuse others of sexism or declaring a "war on women" daily. Leftists do.

2. Republicans don't use terms like "Love Trumps Hate" or "When they go low we go high" or try to act all high and mighty.

3. Republicans don't use sexual assault as a weapon like Democrats do. Where were these women pre-2016 election?
AtorBoltox

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2017, 07:11:56 PM »

1. Republicans don't accuse others of sexism or declaring a "war on women" daily. Leftists do.

2. Republicans don't use terms like "Love Trumps Hate" or "When they go low we go high" or try to act all high and mighty.

3. Republicans don't use sexual assault as a weapon like Democrats do. Where were these women pre-2016 election?
So your excuse is that Republicans are open about their sexism. Also, you are literally using sexual assault as a weapon to attack the left right now.
UncleSam

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2017, 07:30:28 PM »

I'm so tired of this bullsh**t

Harvey Weinstein raped young women repeatedly. Donald Trump is accused of groping two women over two decades ago with no corroborating evidence or proof, accusations that only arose after he decided to run for president and won a major party's nomination.

There is no comparison between the two. If the truth is that one or both of his primary accusers were actually assaulted then it's a damn shame neither of them came forward earlier, when there was a chance he could be held accountable. There's just no reason to believe it's not a political hit job at this point, however - the timing is just ludicrous to any unbiased observer.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2017, 08:09:03 PM »

I'm so tired of this bullsh**t

Harvey Weinstein raped young women repeatedly. Donald Trump is accused of groping two women over two decades ago with no corroborating evidence or proof, accusations that only arose after he decided to run for president and won a major party's nomination.

There is no comparison between the two. If the truth is that one or both of his primary accusers were actually assaulted then it's a damn shame neither of them came forward earlier, when there was a chance he could be held accountable. There's just no reason to believe it's not a political hit job at this point, however - the timing is just ludicrous to any unbiased observer.

By that standard, Weinstein is innocent too, since the accusations all came out in 2017, clearly in the wake of Ashley Judd's statement which was motivated by Trump.

And the thing is, the conservative critics are right about Hollywood. It's a cesspool of self-important, hypocritical 1%ers who give each other awards in an exaggerated sense of self-importance. They covered for Weinstein for years, they still give big roles to Johnny Depp, and gave awards to Casey Affleck. But in this, Hollywood has, yes, shown that it is better than Trump supporters. It may not have a conscience, but it does have a sense of shame, and that shame may be bringing about change. That doesn't make Hollywood any better. It just makes Trump supporters worse.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2017, 09:38:15 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2017, 09:42:07 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

It never fails to amaze me how many people, particularly liberal and young people, do not understand the way criminal law works in the United States of America.

As someone who grew up around many policemen, went on ride-alongs until I was 21 years old, and fascinated with criminology , it pains me to see how many people are utterly clueless when it comes to the law.

Little things that regular people see and don't understand. For example, an article will be released saying, "Coroner rules police shooting of suspect a homicide". You'll have people screaming at the top of their lungs, "THE CORONER RULED THAT GUY'S DEATH A HOMICIDE! WHY WON'T THE COP BE CHARGED!?!"

They don't realize that any shooting death, even justified, is always ruled a homicide.

Do you know how many charges of sexual assault and rape are not really sexual assault and rape? Liberals cry about how "75% of rapes and sexual assaults go unpunished." What they are failing to understand is that those cases are typically not sexual assault or rape.

What happened?

No she wasn't. At all. This type of crap happens every single day. Call it trouble makers, duping, misogyny, whatever you want, but it is not rape or sexual assault.

Donald Trump was privately bragging to Billy Bush how being famous gets him laid. There is no crime there. No sexual assault, no rape, no nothing. Just a guy being boastful about his sex life due to fame and star-power.

Same thing with this NFL crap. Wanna know why all these NFL players are protesting against police brutality? Because they are troublemakers who don't like cops because cops, rightfully, put them in their place for breaking the law.

An NFL player is arrested every seven days, on average, for crimes as varied as domestic abuse and rape, gun violations, drug offenses, disorderly conduct, burglary, breaking traffic laws, and occasionally even murder. Why do you think people (since I was a teen atleast) refer to it as the "National Felony League"?

It's all about the law guys. Not "social justice" or any of this stuff that half the country doesn't even believe is real. It's about criminal law. Not civil law, not some ugly old woman in a goofy hat in Florida whining about Donald Trump, it's about CRIMINAL LAW.

One of the things that disturbs me about many of the posts here is that they attribute to Donald Trump (and, to be fair, Bill Clinton) the labels of "rapist" and "sexual predator" when none of these folks have been even charged in a Court of Law, let alone convicted.  If you want to use such a term about Buz Lukens, Mel Reynolds, or Anthony Weiner, that's OK; they're guilty.  But Trump (and, to be fair, Bill Clinton) have not been proven guilty of "rape", "sexual assault", or being a "sexual predator".  

If the father or the brother of any poster here, was accused of sexual impropriety, and I referred to their alleged behavior as a "sexual assault" or called them a "sexual predator", I would be prudent in expecting either (A) a major lawsuit, or (B) being beaten to a pulp by an angry family member of the accused.  And rightfully so; the Lord delights in just verdicts and a Fool's mouth invites a beating.  (Yes, Scripture states both of these sentiments, and while Scripture doesn't justify beating up someone just for being a fool with his/her mouth, it does point out that this is a real possibility, given the sinful nature of man.)  

One issue, of course, is that there is a world of difference between engaging in sexual harassment (a civil mater) and sexual assault or rape (sexually based  criminal offenses).  Would you be OK if I referred to your Dad or Brother or Son as a rapist or predator because someone accused him of something, but nothing was proven, or the label didn't fit the accusation?  It's been pointed out that Trump, in many ways, is un-American, but how un-American is it to hold to Trump to a standard of "She said it; it's true!" and everyone else to a standard of innocent until proven guilty, and guilt to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt?  

It's not right to do what Hillary Clinton did and start a whispering campaign to discredit Bill's accusers as "nuts and sluts".  But there's a difference between refraining from attacking an accuser and proclaiming the accused guilty.  This IS America; as difficult as it may be for victims, persons accused of crimes have the right to confront their accusers in Court and they have a right to present defenses to their accusations.  And Trump hasn't been charged with anything; if you want that to be respected if and when YOU are accused (however truthfully or falsely), than Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, and Joe Blow deserve no less.  It's time people treat Donald Trump in the manner they would want the public to treat ordinary citizens accused of crimes.  

Reaganfan is right on that point.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2017, 10:55:17 PM »

If the father or the brother of any poster here, was accused of sexual impropriety, and I referred to their alleged behavior as a "sexual assault" or called them a "sexual predator", I would be prudent in expecting either (A) a major lawsuit, or (B) being beaten to a pulp by an angry family member of the accused.

So if my father raped someone, and she accused him of rape, I would be justified in beating his rape victim to a pulp? This is Americanism?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2017, 01:54:57 AM »

Rape apologists. Always Pleasant.

God bless the Second Amendment
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length