OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:09:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7  (Read 108340 times)
Ohioguy29

« on: August 05, 2018, 12:02:02 AM »

So, interestingly enough Etna Township in *Theory* should be significantly more Democratic than Pataskala City, when looking at everything from MHI, Education, Occupations, and Race/Ethnicity.

This is obviously not the case.

On paper both Etna and Harrison Townships look like the types of places where we might expect to see significant Dem shifts within the context of the Trump era, but the reality is that voters in these two townships have not yet exhibited any tendency to indicate a large proportion of persuadable and swing voters that could dramatically change Republican margins.

Let me chime in here and note that if you look at the exit polls from Ohio, educated voters did not swing towards Clinton on the whole, and did not vote for Clinton more heavily than uneducated voters. I think once you broke it down by race, white voters with a college degree were a whole 4 points more Democratic than voters without a college degree in 2016 in Ohio. Nothing to write home about. And of course, in the Obama era educated, white collar voters were less Democratic than uneducated, blue collar voters.

There were some educated areas who swung and most of them were in OH-12. However, as far as I can tell Licking County wasn't part of this; it was mainly Franklin and Delaware.
Ohioguy29

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 12:21:10 AM »

GOP in D I S A R R A Y

Wow, that was pathetic. The media would put this on constant loop if it was a Democrat literally running away when asked about Pelosi.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies