OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:11:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 71
Author Topic: OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7  (Read 111356 times)
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1575 on: August 07, 2018, 10:25:49 PM »

Horrid news for Cordray. He's gonna need to win districts like this in order to take back the State House when the South-Eastern corner of the state votes like West Virginia.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1576 on: August 07, 2018, 10:28:31 PM »

Judging from Trump's tweet, even he's discomforted by the margin.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #1577 on: August 07, 2018, 10:29:15 PM »

Horrid news for Cordray. He's gonna need to win districts like this in order to take back the State House when the South-Eastern corner of the state votes like West Virginia.

lol
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1578 on: August 07, 2018, 10:30:32 PM »

Kornacki said provisional and absentee ballots have to be counted by the 17th. So uhm...we've got at least another week before we get the final results.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1579 on: August 07, 2018, 10:31:40 PM »

Guys, we needa learn how to take an L.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.47

« Reply #1580 on: August 07, 2018, 10:32:29 PM »

Cordray will probably have to keep the margin close, but he doesn't have to win this district outright
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1581 on: August 07, 2018, 10:32:42 PM »

Guys, Balderson won fair and square. Let's not be like Saccone and Moore, focus on the fall and win the darn house!

Look Bagel----

I'll be unusually blunt which is not my typical style.

Your "Election Analysis" on this thread quite frankly sucks, and has added 0% to the overall conversation, regardless of Partisan affiliation on the part of the vast majority of Atlas posters on the thread.

Sure, I'll give my PUB knowledgeable contributors the credit that the current evidence appears that Balderson won narrowly.

Still, you seem to forget the basic data, and neglect the fundamental point that the OH State Gvt has been systematically finding various ways of disenfranchising legit voters as part of a systematic effort to control of the levers of POWER within the great state of Ohio.

The slippery weasels essentially put ~ 5% of the entire voting population of OH CD-12 SE into a "Provisional Voting" category, and now you are bending down and worshiping at the altar of "Free and Fair elections"....

Call me confused as a former Resident of the Buckeye State?Huh
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1582 on: August 07, 2018, 10:33:06 PM »

Judging from Trump's tweet, even he's discomforted by the margin.

Yeah, "tough time for voting" is code for Democrats over performing.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1583 on: August 07, 2018, 10:33:57 PM »

Kornacki said provisional and absentee ballots have to be counted by the 17th. So uhm...we've got at least another week before we get the final results.

Yeah. Troy’s got the seat. The margin tonight is wider than Lamb’s was.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1584 on: August 07, 2018, 10:34:58 PM »

Guys, Balderson won fair and square. Let's not be like Saccone and Moore, focus on the fall and win the darn house!

Look Bagel----

Your "Election Analysis" on this thread quite frankly sucks, and has added 0% to the overall conversation, regardless of Partisan affiliation on the part of the vast majority of Atlas posters on the thread.

Sure, I'll give my PUB knowledgeable contributors the credit that the current evidence appears that Balderson won narrowly.

Still, you seem to forget the basic data, and neglect the fundamental point that the OH State Gvt has been systematically finding various ways of disenfranchising legit voters as part of a systematic effort to control of the levers of POWER within the great state of Ohio.

The slippery weasels essentially put ~ 5% of the entire voting population of OH CD-12 SE into a "Provisional Voting" category, and now you are bending down and worshiping at the altar of "Free and Fair elections"....

I may have been a little off in the margin, but I picked the right candidate.
mds32
United States

« Reply #1585 on: August 07, 2018, 10:37:20 PM »

Look Bagel----

Harsh.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1586 on: August 07, 2018, 10:38:00 PM »

Frankly good results for Cordray this fall.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1587 on: August 07, 2018, 10:38:37 PM »

Frankly good results for Cordray this fall.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #1588 on: August 07, 2018, 10:41:45 PM »

We are, this is visibly less painful for Atlas Democrats compared to the Ossoff loss a little over a year ago. It’s a lot easier to take it on the chin when we have so many indicators pointing to a favorable midterm environment and Republicans barely clinching a race that shouldn’t have been competitive. I think you’re overreacting a bit.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1589 on: August 07, 2018, 10:46:49 PM »

Guys, this is definitely a loss. No doubt about it. The average voter doesn't keep track of partisan lean, historical elections in the district, or any of that stuff. They sit down to watch Fox and see ' (R) beats (D)'. That's pretty much it. : /
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1590 on: August 07, 2018, 10:47:27 PM »

Fantastic result for democrats tonight
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1591 on: August 07, 2018, 10:48:17 PM »

Guys, this is definitely a loss. No doubt about it. The average voter doesn't keep track of partisan lean, historical elections in the district, or any of that stuff. They sit down to watch Fox and see ' (R) beats (D)'. That's pretty much it. : /
So, thats good. This means that Rs are tricked into thinking the R wave is real, Ds are more motivated to come out, and we here know the truth.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1592 on: August 07, 2018, 10:50:48 PM »

We are, this is visibly less painful for Atlas Democrats compared to the Ossoff loss a little over a year ago. It’s a lot easier to take it on the chin when we have so many indicators pointing to a favorable midterm environment and Republicans barely clinching a race that shouldn’t have been competitive. I think you’re overreacting a bit.

Bagel seems like he drinks too much caffeine and/or takes too much adderall around election time lol

I don't really see many people unable to accept a loss. I see a lot of people correctly stating or in some way acknowledging that losing by <1 point in a R+7 / T+11 and historically R district is not the same as a win but still informative that Ds are finally going to get a very good midterm and regain some power in DC. I also see the usual posters trying to move the goal posts and act as if this race is supposed to be competitive in the first place.
InheritTheWind

« Reply #1593 on: August 07, 2018, 10:51:43 PM »

So if I'm a swing voter in and I see "R beats D in congressional election" on the news, am I supposed to immediately think "well I guess this means I'm voting GOP in November"
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1594 on: August 07, 2018, 10:52:19 PM »

But Fox wont report that. They havent called the race either. It'll be "too close to call, Balderson hold small lead" or something like that.
mds32
United States

« Reply #1595 on: August 07, 2018, 10:53:21 PM »

So if I'm a swing voter in and I see "R beats D in congressional election" on the news, am I supposed to immediately think "well I guess this means I'm voting GOP in November"

No that's what all the political signs of candidates on roadways are supposed to do lol
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1596 on: August 07, 2018, 10:57:50 PM »

The "average voter" outside of OH-12 had no clue this election even happened.
InheritTheWind

« Reply #1597 on: August 07, 2018, 10:58:04 PM »

No that's what all the political signs of candidates on roadways are supposed to do lol

Exactly. Which is why I think "The average voter will think Balderson won so that's bad news for the Dems" is a terrible take — there's no way in hell the results of some random special election is gonna influence the vote of anyone outside of it.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1598 on: August 07, 2018, 10:59:01 PM »

Yeah, because FOX News watchers are so winnable...Roll Eyes
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1599 on: August 07, 2018, 10:59:32 PM »

Bagel seems like he drinks too much caffeine and/or takes too much adderall around election time lol

I don't really see many people unable to accept a loss. I see a lot of people correctly stating or in some way acknowledging that losing by <1 point in a R+7 / T+11 and historically R district is not the same as a win but still informative that Ds are finally going to get a very good midterm and regain some power in DC. I also see the usual posters trying to move the goal posts and act as if this race is supposed to be competitive in the first place.

I've never had dexies or pep pills, and I have not intentionally drank caffeine for over 3 weeks.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies