OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:12:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 71
Author Topic: OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7  (Read 110786 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: August 07, 2018, 09:28:13 PM »

Balderson is soaring! 1700 vote lead.

It's going to fun watching all of you in horror as the returns come in in November. I've been where you are, hitting that wall after you run out of denial is harsh.

He's just trolling.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1476 on: August 07, 2018, 09:28:57 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2018, 09:32:03 PM by Devout Centrist »

Christ what a horrible performance! And in a district where our nominee did so well not too long ago. Damn, this is not good. We're gonna have to do much better than this in November. I can't believe that we couldn't take the 12th...I mean, my god...we couldn't win Murtha's old seat.

I think we need to reevaluate our prospects after this loss...maybe the Midwest and MidAtlantic is just not responding to our message.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania%27s_12th_congressional_district_special_election,_201)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1477 on: August 07, 2018, 09:29:01 PM »

Well ugh.

Democrats needed to win this by 3 or more points to prove that they had not lost momentum since the PA-18 special.

It seems that they did not win at all.

This is not how politics works.

Political environment is extremely important, but it's not going to dictate the margin of every single race down to the decimal point.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1478 on: August 07, 2018, 09:29:35 PM »

It's going to fun watching all of you in horror as the returns come in in November. I've been where you are, hitting that wall after you run out of denial is harsh.

He's just trolling.

But there are people who aren't, and they need to hear it too.
john cage bubblegum

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #1479 on: August 07, 2018, 09:29:39 PM »

The provisional ballots are not gonna save O'Connor. People saying "it's over" ought to keep saying it as long as there's posters who believe there's a golden box of absentees waiting to be picked up in Franklin County.

It's fair at this point to say that this is a Balderson win.  What some of us were critcizing was declaring a race over when there was still a lot of Delaware Co. out, with no real knowledge of what precincts had yet to be counted.

Basically, this is the reverse of PA-18, an absolute coinflip that appears to have landed in favor of the GOP this time.  But as IceSpear said, these are not districts you want to be coinflips, especially when you consider that these specials are not low turnout exceptions.  200k people voted in OH-12 and PA-18; that's midterm level turnout.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1480 on: August 07, 2018, 09:29:59 PM »

Christ what a horrible performance! And in a district where our nominee did so well not too long ago. Damn, this is not good. We're gonna have to do much better than this in November. I can't believe that we couldn't take the 12th...I mean, my god...we couldn't win Murtha's old seat.

I think we need to reevaluate our prospects after this loss...maybe the Midwest and MidAtlantic is just not responding to our message.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania%27s_12th_congressional_district_special_election,_201)

This about sums up my opinion on this:

A win would have been nice, but there is no real difference between 50.1 - 49.3 or whatever it is right now, other than Danny boy loses. But in terms of forecasting the midterm general election, the difference between 50.1 for Baldie and 50.1 for Danny is neglible. It still points to a major shift in support away from the Republican Party and towards the Democratic Party: aka, bad news for Rs in November.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1481 on: August 07, 2018, 09:30:08 PM »

He's just trolling.

Sanchez and Krazen know Republicans are screwed in November. That's why they never post anything of substance anymore.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1482 on: August 07, 2018, 09:31:15 PM »

Lolwut
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1483 on: August 07, 2018, 09:31:34 PM »

Based on the swing, partisan lean of the district, and previous performances, this is in line with a D+11-D+13 result in Nov.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1484 on: August 07, 2018, 09:32:10 PM »

This about sums up my opinion on this:

A win would have been nice, but there is no real difference between 50.1 - 49.3 or whatever it is right now, other than Danny boy loses. But in terms of forecasting the midterm general election, the difference between 50.1 for Baldie and 50.1 for Danny is neglible. It still points to a major shift in support away from the Republican Party and towards the Democratic Party: aka, bad news for Rs in November.

He’s being sarcastic.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1485 on: August 07, 2018, 09:32:32 PM »

Lolwut
Go back to my post and click the link
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1486 on: August 07, 2018, 09:33:04 PM »

Lolwut
link is broken
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1487 on: August 07, 2018, 09:34:47 PM »

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania%27s_12th_congressional_district_special_election,_2010)

Lolwut
link is broken
Well here it is again
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1488 on: August 07, 2018, 09:35:51 PM »

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania%27s_12th_congressional_district_special_election,_2010)

Lolwut
link is broken
Well here it is again
there we go, now it works. You are right though, and that election was a D overpreformance.

This election corresponds with a D10-14 election, so Im happy with that.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #1489 on: August 07, 2018, 09:36:06 PM »

Who woulda thunk the Midwest would not respond to the message? Deplorables!

Do you seriously think anyone switches their vote based on some random tech writer? LOL.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1490 on: August 07, 2018, 09:36:58 PM »

Reported Beet for trolling... not like the admins are going to do anything about it.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1491 on: August 07, 2018, 09:37:06 PM »

Do you seriously think anyone switches their vote based on some random tech writer? LOL.

Given how close it was, I honestly believe this story swung it, yes. So did Trump coming to campaign for Balderson, though.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1492 on: August 07, 2018, 09:37:18 PM »

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/026/832/jeongtweet.jpg

So do you actually have any evidence this had any impact whatsoever or are you just throwing that out there to be snarky?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1493 on: August 07, 2018, 09:37:31 PM »

What the hell is that, no. I'm lamenting how we couldn't win a historically favorable district! Our Presidential nominee won here not too long ago. And we still only had a modest swing. Red wave is dead folks, it's over. We couldn't win the 12th district.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1494 on: August 07, 2018, 09:37:45 PM »

So do you actually have any evidence this had any impact whatsoever or are you just throwing that out there to be snarky?

Can you de-Mod him? A troll should not be a mod.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1495 on: August 07, 2018, 09:38:02 PM »

Wow, OH-12 must really love that message then, considering they went from R+37 just two short years ago to a mere R+1 now!

Sarah whatever for president!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1496 on: August 07, 2018, 09:38:19 PM »

Guys, those of us with enough common sense to put the dips[inks]ts on full ignore don't have to see any of their commentary - until you mindlessly quote it and break the system. Stop it.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1497 on: August 07, 2018, 09:38:52 PM »

Eh, this one was a long shot anyway. I don’t think the Democrats had the candidate quality advantage they would have needed here.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1498 on: August 07, 2018, 09:39:24 PM »

Can you de-Mod him? A troll should not be a mod.
leave Beet alone!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1499 on: August 07, 2018, 09:40:05 PM »

Delaware has fully reported (at least accordiing to their website):

R 31742   53.96   
G 226   0.38
D 26854   45.65

That gives Balderson an additional 1514 and O'Connor 1436.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies