Trump and the New Nationalist/Religious Right Alliance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:25:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump and the New Nationalist/Religious Right Alliance
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump and the New Nationalist/Religious Right Alliance  (Read 1042 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2017, 11:31:08 AM »

If Donald Trump and Roy Moore are the face of the new Republican Party, wouldn't that be a more natural alliance than the Reagan coalition that encompassed country-club Republicans, rump Rockefellers, neo-conservatives, the Religious Right, and Dixiecrats? 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Politico
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 11:35:16 AM »

I don't like the idea of people like Moore and Bannon running the party.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 12:25:31 PM »

Erick Erickson is right, here.

I would like very much to see Revival and Renewal in America, with millions coming to Jesus.  But it's not Muslim immigrants who are responsible for the Secularization of our society; it's folks whose families have been in America for generations.

These are folks who really don't believe God is going to move without their help.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 12:45:43 PM »

I don't like the idea of people like Moore and Bannon running the party.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 12:49:16 PM »

Yet that's exactly what has been happening, and there is no apparent end to that in sight. Enjoy the new normal of your party.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 01:17:31 PM »

Yet that's exactly what has been happening, and there is no apparent end to that in sight. Enjoy the new normal of your party.

I wouldn't say that in such a boastful manner. The GOP isn't going to cease being a major party or political player, nor will its chances of holding onto power at the local, state, or national levels diminish. The more far-right the party drifts, the more it will pull the country along with it. Assuming the left pushes hard in the opposite direction, then the consequence will be an even more polarized and divided country then what we have today. Honestly, so long as wealth inequality remains as high and geographically and racially polarized, I really can't imagine our situation improving.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 01:26:44 PM »

I would like very much to see Revival and Renewal in America, with millions coming to Jesus.  But it's not Muslim immigrants who are responsible for the Secularization of our society; it's folks whose families have been in America for generations.

These are folks who really don't believe God is going to move without their help.
With the fall of Christianity in this country and across the world to hateful and venom spewing madness, many of us must step away for our own sake and God's.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 01:26:58 PM »

I wouldn't say that in such a boastful manner. The GOP isn't going to cease being a major party or political player, nor will its chances of holding onto power at the local, state, or national levels diminish. The more far-right the party drifts, the more it will pull the country along with it. Assuming the left pushes hard in the opposite direction, then the consequence will be an even more polarized and divided country then what we have today. Honestly, so long as wealth inequality remains as high and geographically and racially polarized, I really can't imagine our situation improving.

Oh, I don't mean to imply that they will diminish, rather that we will be all the more screwed by complacent voters. We already know their kind can win elections.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 04:29:13 PM »

Its the new right-wing intersectionalism.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 05:38:50 PM »

Heh. Well said!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 10:19:32 AM »

William Buckley talked about "Fusionism" in the 60s/70s where the idea started that if you are against expanded access to healthcare or a progressive income tax, then you were against law reform and against internationalism.  However, this new trend not only is about the lateral transfer of policy and answers, but also about the basic deductive assumptions and goals in the beginning. This is how "fusionism" or "politiking" becomes a kind of accuminalistic intersectionalism.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 10:24:09 AM »

Culture comes first. A bit of coarse language can be forgiven if it helps us get where we want to go.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 01:23:45 PM »

This
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies