Whataburger Employee fired for refusing to serve police officers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:07:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Whataburger Employee fired for refusing to serve police officers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Whataburger Employee fired for refusing to serve police officers  (Read 1109 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2017, 05:11:00 PM »

Considering that she probably has had many awful experiences with cops, she should have been reprimanded or something, not fired.

I feel like replacing the word "Cops" with literally any other word wouldn't go over nearly as well.

Putting your place of employment at risk from a national boycott because you have some ill-sourced claims of bad treatment seems like grounds for firing.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/06/05/deep-analysis-of-police-body-cam-footage-shows-pattern-of-microaggressions-towards-black-people/

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/young-black-adults-less-trusting-police-poll-finds/

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2017, 05:14:43 PM »

Republicans fight day and night to allow gay people to be turned away from businesses, but if a person who chooses a certain profession is discriminated against (cop), its the end of the world. Neither group should have to worry about being denied service, but it is hypocrisy to praise one and denounce the other.

My position:
- A self-employed person can refuse service to anyone for any reason
- An employer can fire employees for refusing service to anyone for any reason
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2017, 11:39:24 AM »

Considering that she probably has had many awful experiences with cops, she should have been reprimanded or something, not fired.

I feel like replacing the word "Cops" with literally any other word wouldn't go over nearly as well.

Putting your place of employment at risk from a national boycott because you have some ill-sourced claims of bad treatment seems like grounds for firing.

techcrunch.com/2017/06/05/deep-analysis-of-police-body-cam-footage-shows-pattern-of-microaggressions-towards-black-people/

Roll Eyes

Considering that she probably has had many awful experiences with black men, she should have been reprimanded or something, not fired.

Considering that she probably has had many awful experiences with queers, she should have been reprimanded or something, not fired.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2017, 12:50:51 PM »

techcrunch.com/2017/06/05/deep-analysis-of-police-body-cam-footage-shows-pattern-of-microaggressions-towards-black-people/

Roll Eyes

Considering that she probably has had many awful experiences with black men, she should have been reprimanded or something, not fired.

Considering that she probably has had many awful experiences with queers, she should have been reprimanded or something, not fired.
If you're going to call me a queer then you should replace black men with the n word.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 01:00:07 PM »

Roll Eyes

If you're going to call me a queer then you should replace black men with the n word.

I'm not self loathing enough to use such a pejorative unironically. Just showing how easy it is to turn that bad argument into something bigoted.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies