US fails to qualify for World Cup 2018
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 07:35:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  US fails to qualify for World Cup 2018
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: US fails to qualify for World Cup 2018  (Read 3794 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2017, 11:13:15 PM »

https://sports.yahoo.com/u-s-loses-trinidad-fails-qualify-2018-world-cup-015400543.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What went wrong here...and is there any way to fix it?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 09:09:14 AM »

When Mexico sends us their young soccer talents, they're not sending their best!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 09:10:09 AM »

F[inks]ing pathetic.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 09:30:51 AM »

Imagine the panic going on with Fox and the other American sponsors. Fox spent $400 million to get the broadcasting rights for this and was planning to make this World Cup the "biggest programming event in Fox's history." That money is going down the drain. Think they'll still be showing 350 hours of soccer with no US in it?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 09:38:27 AM »

This is such a bummer ... watching those games with my friends in the summer was so much fun in 2014. Sad  Really thought we were turning a corner recently, too.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 09:41:39 AM »

The Mexicans will still watch.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 09:57:12 AM »

Imagine the panic going on with Fox and the other American sponsors. Fox spent $400 million to get the broadcasting rights for this and was planning to make this World Cup the "biggest programming event in Fox's history." That money is going down the drain. Think they'll still be showing 350 hours of soccer with no US in it?

What American citizen is actually cheering for America though? I've never met a US fan.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 09:58:25 AM »

What American citizen is actually cheering for America though? I've never met a US fan.

Cubs fan-type whites.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 09:59:15 AM »

Even though this is obviously a joke (and the game watches for US World Cup games last time around were actually really big and fun every bar I went to!), I think every single one of my friends cheers for an "ancestral" European team if/when the US gets eliminated, LOL.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 10:05:26 AM »

Terrible. If there’s anything good coming from this, it’s that we don’t have to hear that annoying “I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!” cheer.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 10:06:38 AM »

Even though this is obviously a joke (and the game watches for US World Cup games last time around were actually really big and fun every bar I went to!), I think every single one of my friends cheers for an "ancestral" European team if/when the US gets eliminated, LOL.

That's a pathetic way to follow. When we used to play the US, we were out in the streets waving the flags more boastfully than ever. We were very happy to give you fools hope in 2006 just to see you pathetically wet the bed against Ghana.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 10:39:27 AM »

Let's be honest for a second here though. How many people actually care about the US soccer team when they aren't in the World Cup?
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 10:40:46 AM »

Let's be honest for a second here though. How many people actually care about the US soccer team when they aren't in the World Cup?

Even then, the World Cup is just an excuse to drink at 8am on a weekday.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 10:41:37 AM »

You need an excuse?
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 10:42:10 AM »

You need an excuse?

I don't. Sheep do.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 11:04:13 AM »

The Netherlands also didn't qualify, and we have a much better track record than the US when it comes to association football. Heck, even Argentina almost didn't qualify. If Argentina hadn't won against Ecuador we would have had a World Cup without the runners-up (Argentina) and number 3 (the Netherlands) of the previous World Cup Tongue. Anyway, the Netherlands also failed to qualify for UEFA Euro 2016 (we finished below f**ing Iceland) so this was to be expected.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 11:37:48 AM »

Olympics are more fun to watch anyway
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 12:00:06 PM »

I am livid over last night. This will go down as one of the darkest days in recent American history.

It's time to bin Arena and Gulati ASAP!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 12:10:24 PM »

Hmmm, false.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 12:13:10 PM »

Not unless you can stream from another country without NBC.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 04:24:04 PM »

Fox Sports, Budweiser, McDonald's probably all had huge promotions with the idea of the US qualification.

Now cue the "Autentica Como Tu" Budweiser Ads that's probably what they will double down on.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 04:28:05 PM »

Welp, German posters: I will officially be devoting my entire rooting interest to you guys!
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 04:29:05 PM »

Are you an Italian?

Who do you think they will play in the playoffs? I am sure they will get a cushy matchup and just barely make it or a tough one on paper and fly through it. Then make it far into the WC finals.

Part of me wants to see them crash out as I was hoping for Argentina (my least favorite major soccer power) to give a lesser chance of a repeat champion / finalist. Of course a WC without the Azzuri is hard to envision.

That's a pretty naive view that there are no American citizens cheering for the US or as Santander put it that it was limited to liberal white Cub fan types in cities like Chicago and KC. Stereotype much

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 04:32:12 PM »

Are you an Italian?

Who do you think they will play in the playoffs? I am sure they will get a cushy matchup and just barely make it or a tough one on paper and fly through it. Then make it far into the WC finals.

Part of me wants to see them crash out as I was hoping for Argentina (my least favorite major soccer power) to give a lesser chance of a repeat champion / finalist. Of course a WC without the Azzuri is hard to envision.

That's a pretty naive view that there are no American citizens cheering for the US or as Santander put it that it was limited to liberal white Cub fan types in cities like Chicago and KC. Stereotype much

Santender insinuating that the Cubs have a more liberal fan base than the average MLB team is hilarious in its own right.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 04:42:39 PM »

Trump karma.

I will admit I've been rooting against the USMNT since the election.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies