Trump approval ratings thread 1.2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:25:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 78
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.2  (Read 185869 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: December 18, 2017, 12:16:38 PM »

Mmmm...look at that under 35 number:

Permanent majority imminent

Dems are polling ahead with *seniors*.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #651 on: December 18, 2017, 12:40:48 PM »

Mmmm...look at that under 35 number:

Permanent majority imminent

If that is the end result, or even higher, it would have to be the worst performance among young(er) voters Republicans have posted since maybe 1974 or 1964, or perhaps even further back. The funny thing is, Republicans have been posting awful results with young voters for so long that this isn't even *that* surprising.

This is also part of why 2018 has me so interested - for the first time since young voters have trended hard against the GOP, we get to see just how low they can go. After all, 2006 and 2008 was only the beginning of their hard left trend, and from 2010-2016, that was all under Obama, whose presidency depressed the Dem base enough to result in some pretty big waves. But if Democrats really do get 70%, that will show that Republicans have lost even more support among Millennials/gen z under Obama than we originally thought, and that their bottom may actually be in the upper teens-lower 20s.

Republicans really should be worrying about this, but I rarely ever see any true concern for it. In fact, Republican lawmakers have basically accepted it and essentially take craps on the Millennial generation from their lofty perches. Meanwhile, these voters are growing up and will eventually displace baby boomers. What do Republicans think they will do then? Magically turn Republican just because they got older, all while the GOP has done nothing to reach out to them? Puh-lease.

No joke, they actually think that. The idiots they have on Fox News always brush it off with something degrading as "oh, the snowflakes will become Republicans once they start collecting a paycheck" or "once they get out of mommy and daddy's house into the real world they'll wake up!!!" or something along those lines. It's going to be hilarious seeing them panic when that doesn't come to fruition. But they'll probably just double down on their Obama-era talkshow-red meat tactics. After all, they'll probably reason that since it worked well for them then, the same thing will work again for them well under a new Democratic president.

This. I have to admit the growing up from a family that moved from being middle middle-class to Rich based on my father getting a large promotion for doing a great job with his company, I often wondered if my liberal beliefs would temper As I Grew Older and face the reality of a paycheck and a family oh, and quit being so "sheltered" from the "the real world". The older I get the more I realize that in fact my parents, perhaps more so today than when they were bona fide middle class, but I'm not sure, are far far far more sheltered and cocooned from The Real World than I am

. Perhaps because I am used to dealing with a lot of people from lower-income Strata working in criminal law, formerly is a prosecutor and now as a defense attorney. Perhaps because doing such work I see the worst that happens in the world and can see the actual root causes of it rather than what TV Talking Heads offer is bromides. And perhaps because my friends and Associates are generally younger than me that I have a far more income diverse group of friends then my parents ever did in their lives. Hell, I guarantee you that none of their friends had to go on food stamps or other forms of assistance during the Great Recession. At most their Circle perhaps had friends who had to delay retirement for a year at worse, or more commonly had to postpone that African safari trip. I kid you not.

Anywho, I thought about yes on Saturday when I saw my cool Uncle who's less than 10 years older than I am and heard him squawk about Millennials. I genuinely think that a lot of this Millennial bashing stuff is people saying; " look, I made it through with a culture that pretty much guaranteed you if you work hard you would do as well or better than your parents, we exploded the national debt to preserve our standard of living, we've made public education vastly more expensive then it was an hour day, and pretty much did a lot to f*** the future of this country over to maintain our own position rather than investing in the future. Now instead of feeling shame over what happened I'm going to tell you to take your $9 an hour Barista job and love it you whiny kid!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #652 on: December 18, 2017, 01:13:28 PM »

Gallup, 12/17

Approve 34 (-1)
Disapprove 60 (nc)
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #653 on: December 18, 2017, 01:36:56 PM »

Cards Against Humanity 41/54

https://thepulseofthenation.com/#our-dumb-president-asshole
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #654 on: December 18, 2017, 03:08:12 PM »

"No opinion poll would be complete without a reminder of our dumb asshole president’s depressingly non-zero approval rating.

A chart showing that, of those polled, 54% disapprove, 41% approve, and 5% neither approve nor disapprove of our dumb asshole president

What kind of person looks at the news and says “things are going pretty well”?

FF!!!!!
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #655 on: December 18, 2017, 05:35:31 PM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/18/economic-optimism-soaring-helping-trump-cnbc-survey.html

CNBC poll: Trump underwater just 42-49, a 7 point increase in net approval since the last poll as Americans' views on the economy rise.

Democrats are in big big trouble if the economy is still humming along by the midterms next year. The Trump/Republican bounce back is coming.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #656 on: December 18, 2017, 05:38:34 PM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/18/economic-optimism-soaring-helping-trump-cnbc-survey.html

CNBC poll: Trump underwater just 42-49, a 7 point increase in net approval since the last poll as Americans' views on the economy rise.

Democrats are in big big trouble if the economy is still humming along by the midterms next year. The Trump/Republican bounce back is coming.

CNBC, the same network that started the Tea Party.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #657 on: December 18, 2017, 05:42:45 PM »

Oh god. I bet Trump is gonna tweet this.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #658 on: December 18, 2017, 05:45:14 PM »

Y'all get so triggered when a poll destroys your democratic wave narrative.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #659 on: December 18, 2017, 05:46:21 PM »

No we get triggered by your terrible hot takes.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #660 on: December 18, 2017, 06:07:59 PM »

This doesn't make sense.

The economy has been doing fine since Trump took office and yet we have seen a massive swing towards Democrats in special elections.

Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #661 on: December 18, 2017, 06:08:43 PM »

Plus, the economy has gotten worse since Trump seized power.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #662 on: December 18, 2017, 06:34:13 PM »

No, it's just that your never-ending concern trolling has become very tiresome and no longer amusing.  Have you ever heard of the geometric progression of cleverness?  Use something once and you're a wit; use it twice and you're a half-wit.  You're way beyond twice.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #663 on: December 18, 2017, 08:30:19 PM »

"Snowflake" in 3, 2, 1...
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #664 on: December 18, 2017, 10:19:51 PM »

You're one to talk about narratives. You have a narrative in your head about a banner Republican year despite no evidence to support it. Not only no evidence, but reams of evidence to the contrary, and yet you just keep on clinging to it like you were visited by Jesus himself and given a glimpse of the future.

For every poll you have that you think confirms your narrative, there are dozens more than go directly against it. And you wonder why people laugh.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #665 on: December 19, 2017, 08:02:43 AM »

Trump reaches record lows in new CNN poll:

35% Approve
59% Disapprove

Source
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #666 on: December 19, 2017, 10:10:21 AM »

The tax 'reform' is extremely unpopular, as is much that this President does. People are scared of his foreign policy. They have no optimism in the domineering greed that is the sum total of his philosophy and policy. We are seeing corruption that makes Teapot Dome look like a couple dollar bills being unaccounted for because they got stuck together.

The slumlord , the money manipulator, and the loan-shark have become the heroes of our political system. The idea is to ensure that every transaction has a profit for the gain of some Trump-associated racketeer. The monopolistic gouge that every reformer since the 1880s has seen as the economic Devil has become the definitive expression of all that we peons and proles are expected to see as wonderful.

If you are to have a capitalist as a hero, at least choose an innovator who makes his money by making lives better, or some small-scale capitalist who meets basic human needs well.  The difference between Donald Trump and Al Capone is that Capone murdered people.   

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #667 on: December 19, 2017, 10:18:46 AM »

Wow, CNN just cucked LimoLiberal.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #668 on: December 19, 2017, 11:39:45 AM »
« Edited: December 19, 2017, 11:41:59 AM by DTC »

You got Northam vs Gillespie wrong by 11 points, and Doug Jones vs Roy Moore wrong by an astoundingly sad 20 points. Your predictions are the worst I've ever seen lol. I just add +15 points for the democrat whenever I hear one of your predictions.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #669 on: December 19, 2017, 12:34:42 PM »

You got Northam vs Gillespie wrong by 11 points, and Doug Jones vs Roy Moore wrong by an astoundingly sad 20 points. Your predictions are the worst I've ever seen lol. I just add +15 points for the democrat whenever I hear one of your predictions.

I think he predicted Moore 59-36, so that was 25 points off.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #670 on: December 19, 2017, 12:56:50 PM »

New Quinnipiac Poll:

37% Approve
59% Disapprove
john cage bubblegum

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #671 on: December 19, 2017, 01:02:16 PM »

Dems +15 on the generic ballot.  Nice.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #672 on: December 19, 2017, 01:10:06 PM »

I think he predicted Moore 59-36, so that was 25 points off.

Worse than that actually:

Bumping by prediction up to 60-33 Moore due to recent events including Jones' disastrous racist mailer, Jones' support for abortion, and the exposure of the forgery of the yearbook signature.

29 points off. Wow. IceSpear and I were even over 20 points closer to the final outcome than this Trumptard.

LimoLiberal must be typing up from the public library after losing everything on Predictit. Sad!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #673 on: December 19, 2017, 01:10:52 PM »

Gallup, 12/18

Approve 36 (+2)
Disapprove 59 (-1)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar