Halls of Independence: General Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:18:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Halls of Independence: General Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Halls of Independence: General Thread  (Read 894 times)
NapoleoncorinII
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2017, 07:15:37 PM »
« edited: October 07, 2017, 07:17:41 PM by NapoleoncorinII »

Halls of Independence
[/u][/b]

Prologue

The Father of the Republic, Benjamin Franklin, Speaking to parliament in support of the Lexington plan

On August the 9th, 1864 the British Parliment passed the Lexington act. The Lexington act had evolved from a plan from the 1750s, at the beginning of the French and Indian War, called the Albany Plan The Albany Plan called for creating a centralized government for the Mid-Atlantic and Northern Colonies and granting them more independence. The  Albany Plan did not gain much traction, however in the post-war Colonies of the Canadas, the Thirteen Colonies, and the Maritimes began to slowly begin to call for more sovereignty. Many Across what was known as British North America (BNA) believed that the States should themselves create their own independent nations, However, it was once again Benjamin Franklin who would propose a united British North America. Ben, with help from political allies, created the Lexington plan. The Plan called for a nation called the United American Commonwealth (UAC*) which would have a Parliamentary system almost exactly like that in Britain. The American Parliment would still Vote for their own Prime Minister, who would act as the main leader of the UAC. However, the nation would still remain dependent on Great Britain, with the executive branch remaining with the King or Queen of Britain.

Support for the Lexington Plan boomed, and Opposition also did. Many throughout the Canadian and Mid-Atlantic Colonies came out for it, some because of the extreme love for Franklin and some for more Sovereignty against the British, who had begun to show signs of passing large taxes for everyone in either the Colonies or in Great Britain. On the other side, in the Northern States many who benefitted daily from the Low taxes and commerce the British provided called against it. Along those who supported was a young General named George Washington, another older general named Artemas Ward, and a prominent Massachusetts Statesman named Samuel Adams. Against the plan were the "Establishment" figures, those that held prominent offices in the colonies including William Allen and Virginias Crown Governor the Lord Amherst. However, with the might of Franklin by 1764 it is estimated around 3/5 of the Country supported Franklin.

And so, With a slight majority, Franklin Left for Britain and proposed his Plan to the British Parliment. Many across the Board remained vehemently against it, but when Franklin promised that the United States would remain a part of the British empire and that the Lexington plan would only be used to unite the Colonies, the house of commons voted just slightly over a majority for the Lexington plan. Franklin stayed in Britain for a month, but upon return, he found a free Nation.
[ATTACH=full]325603[/ATTACH]
A map of the United American Commonwealth directly after Formation.

Prime Ministers of the United American Commonwealth
None Currently

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, Everyone, welcome to "Halls of Independence", this Game takes place in a world where the thirteen southern and four northern Colonies of British North America gain sovereignty, but not independence, from Britain in 1864. The United American Commonwealth, this world's USA, uses a parliamentary system similar to Great Britains and each election will occur every 5 years, beginning in 1865. I will not be allowing Non-OTL Characters for the Current time, however, there will be a points system that you can use to get non-political OTL figures into Parliment, as a governor(We will have these because of States), or as a mayor/City-County official.

To begin the game I'm going to have two major issues. The First Issue is going to be if the UAC should fight for more Independence, and the second on if territories inside of states, such as The Western Reserve and the western territories of southern states should be protected or if these areas should be granted statehood. to begin with, there will be two parties, the Pro-Independence, Pro-State Commonwealth Party which was created by Benjamin Franklin and the Anti-Independence, Anti-State Anti-Commonwealth Party. I would love if you could recommend people to run for the nominations of their respective Parties that would help.
So, Let's begin!

Current Playable Parties:
Commonwealth
Anti-Commonwealth

Party Archive
Commonwealth: The Commonwealth Party was created by Benjamin Franklin and supports more sovereignty for the UAC and statehood for Areas like the Western Reserve or Western regions of the Southern States.
Anti-Commonwealth: The Anti-Commonwealth Party was The Main Party of Opposition to Franklin, standing for Less Sovereignty of the UAC and the Western Regions and Western Reserve to remain part of the

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 07:47:45 PM »

I would like to sign on as Abraham Lincoln, if you please.
NapoleoncorinII
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 07:54:30 PM »

We'll be beginning in 1775, but in 1860 I'll allow it.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 10:00:09 PM »

We'll be beginning in 1775, but in 1860 I'll allow it.

In that case, I'll start as George Washington, if possible.
NapoleoncorinII
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 10:00:57 PM »

Absolutely. He has a good chance of being a member of the house of lords at the current time.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 10:36:26 PM »

Absolutely. He has a good chance of being a member of the house of lords at the current time.

I was thinking start as a military commander and then go from there.
NapoleoncorinII
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 02:53:48 PM »

Absolutely, However, 2 notes on Characters.
1. Jefferson is a bit young, only around 20, and probably won't be in any major leadership elections for a while now.
2. When playing as an OTL Figure I expect you to play on their RL Beliefs. I don't want a radical abolitionist, suffragette Alexander Hamilton (Which happened to me once)
NapoleoncorinII
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 03:22:07 PM »

I would go with Washington if you're looking for an easier start, the guy has a solid Reputation and could easily get into the house of Lords or Later Equivalent.

Other Characters fitting the bill are The Lord Amherst and Horatio L. Gates.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 03:33:58 PM »

I would go with Washington if you're looking for an easier start, the guy has a solid Reputation and could easily get into the house of Lords or Later Equivalent.

Washington it is then.
NapoleoncorinII
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 04:29:11 PM »

Well, Sounds good then.
Washington it is then.
NapoleoncorinII
Rookie
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 12:30:39 PM »

I will have elections up later today.
There won't be exact parties just yet, but rather the 'Independence" or "Commonwealth" Faction of Non Partisans and the "Growth" or "Anti-Commonwealth" Faction. If your character is running, just post here.
(No Formal Parties, no Formal Leaders)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 01:57:55 PM »

Colonel Washington of the Virginia Militia is running for Parliament.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 09:25:56 PM »

If it's not too late, can I join as John Adams?
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 01:52:47 AM »

I'm also curious if this is still a thing
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 05:59:57 PM »

I'm also curious if this is still a thing