$1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:39:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  $1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 79
Author Topic: $1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread  (Read 112049 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: December 02, 2017, 01:00:59 PM »

A bill with F_CKING illegible hand written edits in the margins was passed! F_CK REPUBLICANS AND THEIR VOTERS.

You can just tell it was a Republican too: bad handwriting and tons of basic spelling mistakes

Which themselves will bring up Constitutional questions.

I'm waiting for someone to discover a typo that changes intent, something like a reduction in taxes on boats being written as "boots". Smiley

In one state some drug offenders had to be released because the statute prohibited "ethamphetamine" instead of "methamphetamine". 

How did this post become the #1 search result of "ethamphetamine typo in law" in google.  I think you made this up now.

It was in an issue of Playboy Magazine about 35 years ago.

The typo has been corrected.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1651 on: December 02, 2017, 01:01:44 PM »

Good.

When was the last time Americans got a tax cut ? Can't remember.

Obama/Pelosi/Reid stimulus package in 2009... one third of it was tax cuts.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1652 on: December 02, 2017, 01:13:00 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2017, 01:33:16 PM by TexasGurl »

Ok, encouraging violence is banworthy. You are worse than the alt-righties that you claim to be fighting against.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1653 on: December 02, 2017, 01:13:21 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2017, 01:33:38 PM by TexasGurl »

Don't get any thoughts on the President! We will literally have a dead body plugged into the wall to save his beautiful kids a little bit.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1654 on: December 02, 2017, 01:28:42 PM »

Castro, dragon, yank, gass......what are the chances this thing fails in conference committee
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1655 on: December 02, 2017, 01:31:51 PM »

Castro, dragon, yank, gass......what are the chances this thing fails in conference committee

If it does... what are the chances the House doesn't just pass the Senate bill?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1656 on: December 02, 2017, 01:34:32 PM »

All humans are entitled to basic life necessities to ensure survival. For anything besides that, get your a$$ up and work for it like the rest of society.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1657 on: December 02, 2017, 01:35:53 PM »

It's pretty unlikely that they fail to work something out.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1658 on: December 02, 2017, 01:42:30 PM »

If it "fails" in conference, does that mean both chambers need to revote?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1659 on: December 02, 2017, 01:43:42 PM »

All humans are entitled to basic life necessities to ensure survival. For anything besides that, get your a$$ up and work for it like the rest of society.

Ahh, thanks to this bill I am now properly incentivized to become a billionaire. Thanks.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1660 on: December 02, 2017, 01:43:49 PM »

As I mentioned before, the biggest worry about going to conference should be Susan Collins amendments. If they get stripped out, they could lose her vote. Her+Corker and a senator Jones could kill this. Not likely, but I think a real possibility.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1661 on: December 02, 2017, 01:49:59 PM »

As I mentioned before, the biggest worry about going to conference should be Susan Collins amendments. If they get stripped out, they could lose her vote. Her+Corker and a senator Jones could kill this. Not likely, but I think a real possibility.

The AL election won't be certified until early January.  At the breakneck pace the GOP is pushing to get this done, it likely won't matter if Jones win.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1662 on: December 02, 2017, 01:53:26 PM »

The AL election won't be certified until early January.  At the breakneck pace the GOP is pushing to get this done, it likely won't matter if Jones win.

Then I'm not sure where the third no vote would cone from tbh.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1663 on: December 02, 2017, 02:12:53 PM »

Ahh, thanks to this bill I am now properly incentivized to become a billionaire. Thanks.

I don't like the damn bill either.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1664 on: December 02, 2017, 02:24:28 PM »

If it "fails" in conference, does that mean both chambers need to revote?

More or less back to the drawing board. IN which case a narrower package is probably done.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1665 on: December 02, 2017, 02:26:12 PM »

Ok, encouraging violence is banworthy. You are worse than the alt-righties that you claim to be fighting against.
This guy needs to be banned attacking our armed forces should automatically get you banned.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1666 on: December 02, 2017, 02:31:23 PM »

This guy needs to be banned attacking our armed forces should automatically get you banned.
No, But attacking a moderator will.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1667 on: December 02, 2017, 03:18:44 PM »

A bill with F_CKING illegible hand written edits in the margins was passed! F_CK REPUBLICANS AND THEIR VOTERS.

You can just tell it was a Republican too: bad handwriting and tons of basic spelling mistakes

Which themselves will bring up Constitutional questions.

I'm waiting for someone to discover a typo that changes intent, something like a reduction in taxes on boats being written as "boots". Smiley

In one state some drug offenders had to be released because the statute prohibited "ethamphetamine" instead of "methamphetamine". 

Yep. Nebraska IIRC.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1668 on: December 02, 2017, 03:30:05 PM »

To make things simple I am now just rooting for House to pass this bill as it and call it  a day.  A great policy victory. GOP will get hammered in 2018 but it is worth it from my point of view.  The short term stimulus would mean that Trump will head into 2020 with a solid record of economic growth and could even win re-election which would delay another 4 years from Dems trying to reverse some of this.

In what ways are huge deficit spending and further decreasing revenue thereby incurring more deficit spending a victory? This bill is sure to do that and to make the math work you need to do cuts. Republicans won't cut or streamline discretionary but will only cut non-discretionary items like SS, Medicare, and Medicaid. Those programs could remain solvent with simple fixes, not decimation.

Also, Jaichind, you DO realize the OVERWHELMING consensus of economists (outside the White House of course) are of the resolute opinion this will do little to nothing to foster greater private sector growth? Corporations are ALREADY running with record level profits, and the economy's big weakness is lack of wage growth and money being put in the middle class's hands, for which this tax bill does little to nothing.

A recent survey of 40 top economists, including conservatives, were polled as to whether this tax cut is likely to notably spur economic growth. 39 out of 40 said "no"!

But hey, you're getting your beak wet, so FTW. Amarite? It's the Jaichind way.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1669 on: December 02, 2017, 03:52:02 PM »

I'm going to die of a stroke when Democrats reclaim the chamber and Mark Warner or whoever gets on TV to talk about how they can't just pass everything they want because they have to care about the deficit.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #1670 on: December 02, 2017, 03:55:36 PM »

I'm going to die of a stroke when Democrats reclaim the chamber and Mark Warner or whoever gets on TV to talk about how they can't just pass everything they want because they have to care about the deficit.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1671 on: December 02, 2017, 03:58:19 PM »

They are simply going to heavily increase taxes on the richest people & corporations.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1672 on: December 02, 2017, 04:04:40 PM »

To the people acting as if this will destroy the GOP: nobody will remember or care about this in a year. Just hope that Mueller indicts Trump a month before the midterms and the roughly 55% of the country that is remotely sane gives us a nice D wave.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1673 on: December 02, 2017, 04:05:23 PM »

They are simply going to heavily increase taxes on the richest people & corporations.

Depends on who becomes president in 2020. If it's Joe "billionaires are patriotic" Biden, then forget it
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1674 on: December 02, 2017, 04:09:38 PM »

Depends on who becomes president in 2020. If it's Joe "billionaires are patriotic" Biden, then forget it

Biden said literally the opposite of what you posted.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies