$1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:47:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  $1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 79
Author Topic: $1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread  (Read 110776 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: November 16, 2017, 03:49:40 PM »

They also need to use the "TAX RAISERS!" clubs to knock Costello and Meehan and Fitzpatrick too. I can almost see the suburban ship wreck in the distance

I can already smell the young suburban Democratic professionals Smiley.

But honestly, I don't think this tax plan will be the main cause of the coming suburban curbstomping (it's coming though Smiley). Even most VA-10, IL-06 or NJ-07 voters would see a tax cut. The problem is that the media has been covering this as if everyone in a high tax state would pay more in taxes, which isn't true.

RIP Graduate Students, Research Programs, and Higher Education/Professionalization institutions in this country if this passes.

Music to the GOP's ears.

They want more racist uneducated hicks and less grad students. Please and thank you.

We don't take kindly to no fancy, high-falutin Yankee book-learnin'! - 2/3rds of the GOP

45% of Trump voters has a college degree tho.

Yeah, and a number of those voters are RINO Toms who think the GOP is something it isn't.

Few of them may agree with Trump's right-wing cultural rhetoric, but they damn sure love his "fiscal conservatism." Don't mistakenly believe that a college degree suddenly makes someone more empathetic and liberal; they can be just as bigoted and focused on the preservation of their privileges (particularly financial) as anyone.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #476 on: November 16, 2017, 03:58:45 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2017, 04:00:42 PM by Santander »

More education can lead conservatives who turned to trolling to cope with being ridiculed in college for their views to become radicalized and engage in a life of thought crime.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #477 on: November 16, 2017, 04:05:46 PM »

More education can lead conservatives who turned to trolling to cope with being ridiculed in college for their views to become radicalized and engage in a life of thought crime.

Are you trying to make us believe that you're educated?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #478 on: November 16, 2017, 05:02:49 PM »

RIP Graduate Students, Research Programs, and Higher Education/Professionalization institutions in this country if this passes.

Music to the GOP's ears.

They want more racist uneducated hicks and less grad students. Please and thank you.

We don't take kindly to no fancy, high-falutin Yankee book-learnin'! - 2/3rds of the GOP

Never thought people would say things like this about the Republicans raising taxes on the rich.

They also need to use the "TAX RAISERS!" clubs to knock Costello and Meehan and Fitzpatrick too. I can almost see the suburban ship wreck in the distance

I can already smell the young suburban Democratic professionals Smiley.

But honestly, I don't think this tax plan will be the main cause of the coming suburban curbstomping (it's coming though Smiley). Even most VA-10, IL-06 or NJ-07 voters would see a tax cut. The problem is that the media has been covering this as if everyone in a high tax state would pay more in taxes, which isn't true.

Music to the GOP's ears.

45% of Trump voters has a college degree tho.

Yeah, and a number of those voters are RINO Toms who think the GOP is something it isn't.
Not true. RINO Tom himself voted for Clinton, and every college educated Republican I know supports Trump on >85% of the issues.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #479 on: November 16, 2017, 05:44:10 PM »

Speaking as a grad student, there are way too many grad students in this country. That said, ensuring only the rich can become a grad student is not the way to go.

The right-wing has always been about ensuring the protection and preservation of privilege, even at the expense of merit. America's entire educational system, but especially its higher education system, is systematically structured to favor persons with privileged backgrounds. The government's attempts at leveling this field will be seriously harmed by these Republican policies and I don't think that's unintentional.

The endowment tax at least attacks privileged educational institutions. It's probably my favorite thing about the tax bill.
PoliticalShelter
« Reply #480 on: November 16, 2017, 05:48:51 PM »

I like how people are assuming these college educated a Trump supporters are all a bunch of Rino Tom types.

Just leaving this graph here should debunk this theory:

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #481 on: November 16, 2017, 05:49:57 PM »

Exactly. We educate ourselves to become more deplorable. We're not even ashamed to be stupid.

Trolling liberals is all that matters.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #482 on: November 16, 2017, 06:52:43 PM »

I was half-joking. It's pretty obvious RINO Tom is in the most liberal 1% of "Republicans" and isn't at all representative of the party
But he's a fifth-generation Republican!!! Who are those Dixiecrats to tell him what party he belongs in?!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #483 on: November 16, 2017, 08:19:04 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2017, 08:21:38 PM by Old School Republican »

I like how people are assuming these college educated a Trump supporters are all a bunch of Rino Tom types.

The question is worry, not do you believe it's true .

Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #484 on: November 16, 2017, 09:53:01 PM »

So what you're saying is that college-educated Republicans are "I'm alright jack" scumbags?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #485 on: November 16, 2017, 09:54:13 PM »

The educated Republicans are educated enough to know what answer a Republican is supposed to give.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #486 on: November 16, 2017, 09:57:05 PM »

Not just Climate change, in every question, College educated Republicans are giving crazy answers. Totally weird, maybe all these crazy conservative organizations in colleges & Infowars is having some effect.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #487 on: November 16, 2017, 10:07:47 PM »

So what you're saying is that college-educated Republicans are "I'm alright jack" scumbags?

No we know that More Regulations , More taxes is not the good way to solve the problem.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #488 on: November 16, 2017, 10:53:50 PM »

Not just Climate change, in every question, College educated Republicans are giving crazy answers. Totally weird, maybe all these crazy conservative organizations in colleges & Infowars is having some effect.

So, what you're telling me is that Republicans believe crazy Republican things? #SHOOK
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #489 on: November 16, 2017, 11:01:19 PM »

Can we please go back to the topic of this thread, ie the Congressional GOP f**king over the middle class to give rich kids a Christmas gift?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #490 on: November 16, 2017, 11:03:40 PM »

Can we please go back to the topic of this thread, ie the Congressional GOP f**king over the middle class to give rich kids a Christmas gift?

I love Christmas! Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #491 on: November 16, 2017, 11:08:54 PM »

I love Christmas! Smiley

I doubt you are on Ryan and McConnell's Good Kids List.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #492 on: November 16, 2017, 11:12:03 PM »

We are screwed.

Our government is bought.

To the Hallelujah Chorus from Messiah:

Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah
Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah

For Mammon, God omnipotent reigneth
Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah
For Mammon, God omnipotent reigneth
King of kings and Lord of lords
King of kings and Lord of lords
And GREED shall reign forever and ever
Forever and ever
Hallelujah

...Mammon is Lord, and Ayn Rand is its Messiah, at least in America!
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #493 on: November 17, 2017, 02:39:41 AM »

I still think this bill is more likely than not to fail. Republicans have such a small margin in the Senate and such poor unity the House that I just don't think the two houses have it in them to pass the same bill, even with these circumstances.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #494 on: November 17, 2017, 06:02:54 AM »

^ While I acknowledge that anything can happen, the road to the senate even passing something seems silm. The fact that there wasn't any rogue dem votes in the house from Cuellar or Peterson or whoever almost certainly means that Manchin, Donnelly, and Heitkamp will hold the D line. McConnell has for all intents and purposes already lost Paul's vote. That means out of Corker, Collins, Murkowski, Lankford, Johnson, McCain, and Flake, McConnell can only lose one. It's a very tough road to follow.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #495 on: November 17, 2017, 06:15:30 AM »

^ While I acknowledge that anything can happen, the road to the senate even passing something seems silm. The fact that there wasn't any rogue dem votes in the house from Cuellar or Peterson or whoever almost certainly means that Manchin, Donnelly, and Heitkamp will hold the D line. McConnell has for all intents and purposes already lost Paul's vote. That means out of Corker, Collins, Murkowski, Lankford, Johnson, McCain, and Flake, McConnell can only lose one. It's a very tough road to follow.

I just don't see Collins being bought  unless she is really being bought.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #496 on: November 17, 2017, 06:23:29 AM »

I just don't see Collins being bought  unless she is really being bought.

I wouldn't put it past anyone to bribe Collins (or any other R) to vote Yes. It's not as if they have anything to worry about - the Courts have shown that bribery laws don't matter via the McDonnell and Menendez cases.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #497 on: November 17, 2017, 06:32:48 AM »

There aren't any NJ/CA/NY/IL GOP senators so they don't have to worry about angey constituents from high tax states. I think most of the deficit hawks will fall in line. I would worry most about Collins, Murkowksi and perhaps McCain.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #498 on: November 17, 2017, 07:48:21 AM »

To get a gist of the supposedly educated college Republican, read this from the GMU College Reps http://gmufourthestate.com/2017/10/02/patriot-politics-trump-tweets-by-gmcr/

Excerpt:

"While President Trump’s Twitter habit may concern some people, the concerning aspect of his tweeting is the media’s obsession with it. While the media is obsessing with his tweets, President Trump is accomplishing his agenda. Overreaching EPA regulations are being repealed, prototypes of the wall are being built, the U.S. has left the Paris Climate Agreement, Neil Gorsuch filled the seat vacated by the late Justice Antonin Scalia, the Keystone XL pipeline has been approved. While the media is worrying about his next tweet, President Trump is Making America Great Again."

Borderline cultish.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #499 on: November 17, 2017, 08:50:38 AM »

To get a gist of the supposedly educated college Republican, read this from the GMU College Reps http://gmufourthestate.com/2017/10/02/patriot-politics-trump-tweets-by-gmcr/

Excerpt:

"While President Trump’s Twitter habit may concern some people, the concerning aspect of his tweeting is the media’s obsession with it. While the media is obsessing with his tweets, President Trump is accomplishing his agenda. Overreaching EPA regulations are being repealed, prototypes of the wall are being built, the U.S. has left the Paris Climate Agreement, Neil Gorsuch filled the seat vacated by the late Justice Antonin Scalia, the Keystone XL pipeline has been approved. While the media is worrying about his next tweet, President Trump is Making America Great Again."

Borderline cultish.

Praise for dubious achievements.

That's how cults and totalitarian movements operate.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies