Mr. Reactionary for Southern Chamber
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:33:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mr. Reactionary for Southern Chamber
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mr. Reactionary for Southern Chamber  (Read 552 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 27, 2017, 08:59:50 PM »
« edited: September 28, 2017, 03:40:45 PM by Mr. Reactionary »

Greetings fellow Atlasians,

I am Mr. Reactionary, a delegate in the Southern Chamber, and I am seeking a full term in the upcoming election. As a proud southerner, I believe that it is the duty of the Southern Chamber to ensure that our people are free and prosperous. That is why I have introduced over 60 bills this session aimed at both protecting our cherished freedoms from government overreach and promoting a strong economy. The Atlasian Star credits my bills with single-handedly bringing down unemployment in our region, and I will do what I can to continue that progress.

As far as platforms go, I fully intend to reintroduce any of my bills which do not pass this session, in the next, and push forcefully to see them brought to the floor and voted on. Those bills can be viewed in the below hyperlink. I have also crafted a comprehensive 70 point healthcare reform bill as an opt-out of Atlascare below.

As Atlasians, freedom is our birthright, and equality and justice are our end goals. That is why I introduced these bills. I will fight for taxpayers, by continuing to oppose a reinstatement of the income tax and promoting new ideas to pay for the government programs we need. I will fight for the small farmer, the small entrepreneur, and the individual worker, against special interests, as evidenced by several of my regulatory reform bills. I will fight for the disabled, as evidenced by my bills guaranteeing contracts to disabled workers and eliminating local registration fees for companion animals. I will fight for women, as evidenced by my bills protecting breast feeding and banning sexist policing practices. I will fight for racial and ethnic minorities, as evidenced by my bills reigning in discriminatory police practices, eliminating criminal laws specifically targeted at minorities, and declaring without equivocation that black lives matter. I will protect the religious, as evidenced by my bills protecting liberty of conscious. I will protect the poor, as evidenced by my bills preventing the unfair treatment of the homeless and the desperate. I will protect YOU fellow southerner, because when freedom shrinks, tyranny gains a bit more breathing room.

Our region is already great, the best in Atlasia, but that does no mean we cannot make it better. I humbly ask for your vote in the upcoming election. Together we can ensure that our region prospers, our people flourish, and our future families grow up free. All we need is to strengthen our resolve, maintain our faith, and let liberty light the way.

Thank you, and may the Almighty bless you as He has so amply blessed our region.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=269518.msg5813005#msg5813005
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 09:19:22 PM »

Endorsed!
But also very sad that since I'm no longer in the South, I cannot personally throw a vote your way Sad

I hope that the Southern voters see that this kind of commitment is exactly what is needed in the Chamber, and wish you the best of luck!
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 09:24:57 PM »

Endorsed.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 09:38:59 PM »

Endorsed!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 09:44:58 PM »

Endorsed!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 02:30:28 AM »

The legislatures need some hell raisers.

Endorsed!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 01:12:45 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2017, 06:31:53 PM by Mr. Reactionary »

Below are 70 healthcare proposals that I would like to see implemented in the Southern Region as part of an opt-out of the heavy-handed Atlascare program. Items with an asterisk require changes in federal law.

Insurance Reforms

1.) The licensing of insurers of last resort. These entities would apply for this status every 3 years and would be prohibted from denying federally mandated coverage to any person in the Southern Region.

2.) Most Favored Nation Clauses. Any Insurer of Last Resort shall be exempt from anti-trust laws for the purpose of negotiating MFN clauses with non-profit healthcare providers. MFNs are volume based discounts which prevent other insurers from negotiating lower pricing agreements with non-profit healthcare providers.

3.) *Alternative Tax Structure. Insurers of last resort shall be allowed to carry forward losses an extra 10 years than competitors, and shall be permitted to delay payment of capital gains taxes from investment income for 3 years.

4.) Sales across State lines. Any insurer licensed in the Southern Region may sell its policies in any State in the region.

5.) No mandates. No citizen shall be forced into commerce through a mandate to buy insurance.

6.) No rationing. No insurer may ration healthcare services which are mandated by federal or state law.

7.) Better Acturaial Formulas. Insurers may consider life expectancy, health factors, community rating, prior coverage history, and other relevant risk factors when calculating individual premiums.

8.) Gym membership. Insurers may offer premium reductions for gym membership or yoga participation.

9.) Smoking. Insurers may offer premium reductions for tobacco or illegal drug cessation.

10.) Vaccinations. Insurers may offer premium reductions for routinely vaccinating.

11.) Weight loss. Insurers may offer premium reductions for weight loss or bariatric surgery.

12.) Counseling. Insurers may offer premium reductions for participation in chronic disease management counseling.

13.) Youth sports. Insurers may offer premium reductions for participation in youth or inter/intramural sports.

14.) Physicals. Insurers may offer premium reductions for routine physicals or cancer screenings.

15.) Blood donation. Insurers may offer premium reductions for routine blood or plasma donation.

16.) Organ Donors. Insurers may offer premium reductions for signing up as an organ donor.

17.)  Max Reference Price Portals. All licensed insurers must publish the maximum price at which they reimburse for medical expenses.

18.) Premium increase caps. No licensed insurer shall increase a subscriber's premiums by more than 20% per year. Any annual increase over 12% must be actuarially justified to the Regional Insurance Commissioner.

19.) Unfair dropping. No licensed insurer may drop a subscriber from coverage merely for consuming healthcare services or developing a medical condition during coverage.

20.) Bulk drug pricing. Insurers may negotiate bulk drug purchases and distribute prescription drugs at network facilities.

21.) Bundled payments. Insurers must reduce existing billing codes by 1/3 and implement a more bundled payment system, subject to an audit after 3 years by the Regional Insurance Commissioner.

22.) Healthy Outcomes. Insurers may offer a bonus payment to healthcare providers for consistent outcomes which reduce readmittance.

23.) Co-Pays. Insurers shall be prohibited from offering products which require no co-pays for in-person office visits.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 02:27:52 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2017, 06:27:54 PM by Mr. Reactionary »

Insurance Reform Continued

24.) OON Emergency Cap. No insurer may charge a subscriber more than the MFN rate if the subscriber must seek immediate medical attention at an out-of-network hospital.

25.) Lifetime Limits Cap. No insurer may impose a dollar limit cap on lifetime healthcare consumption.

26.) New product. Insurers may offer products providing lump sum payments in the event of a critical illness.

27.) New product. Insurers may offer products covering changes in health status.

28.) New product. Insurers may offer products targeted at high risk populations as a supplement to the federal high risk pool.

29.) New product. Insurers may offer large group products in which multiple businesses pool together.

30.) New product. Insurers may offer products which exclude certain federally mandated health services for persons who religiously object to such procedures.

31.) New product. Insurers may offer long-term care insurance in which the benefit formula growth is pegged to investment income growth.

32.) Home health care. Insurers may offer more favorable rates to home healthcare works to divert subscribers from nursing homes. Home healthcare workers shall not be permitted to strike.

33.) DME cost containment. Insurers may set annual limits on non-life sustaining DME costs. Insurers may refuse to cover motorized wheel chairs for persons who have normal use of hands and arms.

34.) Intro physical. The cost of any physical required by an insurer to determine individual premiums shall be paid for by the insurer.

35.) OTC drug coverage. Insurers shall not be required to cover the cost of purchasing drugs available without a prescription.

36.) Insurance insurance. The Regional Insurance Commissioner shall audit each licensed insurer's investment portfolio annually. An entity shall be created to insure the investments of health insurance companies, funded by an annual surcharge to be determined each year by the Regional Insurance Commissioner.

37.) Brokerage fees. No broker contracted to sell insurance plans shall receive compensation in the form of a commission on sales.

38.) Lazy child rule. No insurer shall prohibit any child aged 22 or younger from remaining on a family plan as long as premium payments are maintained.

39.) Exit decisions. No insurer may exit a regional market or end a particular product without publishing notice 1 year in advance.

Healthcare Provider Reform

40.) Certificates of Need. No State in the Southern Region may require any hospital or other healthcare provider to acquire a certificate of need in order to operate.

41.) Corporate Practice of Medicine. No State in the Southern Region may prohibit the corporate practice of healthcare. Doctors, nurses, and healthcare workers providing essential ancillary services shall be prohibited from striking.

42.) Fee Splitting. No State in the Southern Region may prohibit fee-sharing agreements between healthcare providers or between healthcare providers and insurers.

43.) Anti-kickbacks. No healthcare provider shall be permitted to self refer patients to themself or a party in which they maintain a fee sharing agreement. Violation of this rule shall result in fines or loss of license to practice.

44.) *Tax deduction for indigent care. Any for-profit healthcare provider subject to income tax shall be entitled to deduct the actual cost of indigent care.

45.) Cost portals. All healthcare providers shall be required to publish the minimum, maximum, and average costs of all procedures offered.

46.) Readmittance follow ups. All healthcare providers shall be required to contact or attempt to contact any patient seeking treatment for chest pain, hypertension, asthma complications, anaphylactic shock, or diabetes complications within 2 weeks of treatment. Failure to do so shall result on fines.

47.) Price caps. The Regional Insurance Commissioner shall set a capped rate of reimbursement for air ambulances, non-emergency medical transportation, medical tests, drugs distributed during hospitalization, and non-medical room and board costs during hospitalization.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 03:38:58 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2017, 06:12:43 PM by Mr. Reactionary »

Healthcare Provider Reform continued

48.) *Telemedicine prescriptions. Licensed Doctors shall be allowed to write prescriptions without an in person consultation. Any Doctor who improperly dispenses prescriptions shall be fined or license suspension.

49.) Telemedicine in schools. Telemedicine portals shall be made available in schools after hours so that network doctors may treat subscribers.

50.) Scope of practice. No State in the Southern Region may limit the scope of practice of Nurse practioners or optometrists in areas for which they are adequately trained.

51.) State Hospitals. Each State in the Southern Region shall have a government funded hospital which prioritizes financially stressed citizens. Cost growth shall be tied to inflation.

52.) Bulk drug pricing. The Regional Government may negotiate bulk drug purchases for distribution to admitted patients at State hospitals.

53.) State Medical School Funding. Increase funding to State Medical Schools.

54.) Medical School Scholarships. Create a scholarship program for general practice medical students.

55.) Medical school loan forgiveness. Offer student loan relief for medical school graduates who elect to work in a State Hospital or impoverished area for 5 years.

56.) Waste and Fraud Recoupment. State Attorneys General Offices shall be empowered to investigate healthcare provider billing practices within their borders. They shall be entitled to keep a portion of any improprieties found. Fraudulent providers shall be fined or have their license to practice suspended.

57.) Externality accounting. It shall not be unlawful for any State or private healthcare provider to impose a surcharge of up to 5% on non-southerners who consume healthcare services in the Southern Region.

58.) Property tax abatement. Non-profit healthcare facilities which provide at least 15% of all on-site services annually to indigent care, shall be free from property taxes.

Tort/ Other Reforms

59.) Non-economic damages cap. Medical malpractice judgments shall not include non-economic damages exceeding $500,000.

60.) FDA Defense. Any drug manufacturer sued in the region for product defects shall have the affirmative defense that the drug complied with all required FDA testsing requirements and was deemed safe by the agency prior to marketing.

61.) Charitable immumity. Any healthcare provider which provides charitable care to an indigent patient shall be immune from medical malpractice claims unless they are found grossly negligent.

62.) Sanctions of frivolous claims. Lawyers who introduce 3 or more medical malpractice claims found to be frivolous within 2 years shall be subject to fine or license suspension.

63.) Contingency fee caps. Lawyers in medical malpractice lawsuits mat not charge more than 30% for representation, and any amount 25% or higher is subject to review by the bar association.

64.)  Expert testimony. Parties with a financial intetest in the outcome of a medical malpractice case may not testify as an expert witness.

65.)  Statute of limitations. Medical malpractice lawsuits shall be barred after 2 years from the date the tort is discovered.

66.) Vaccine court. A special administrative law court specializing in vaccine injuries shall be established. The recovery amount shall be fixed by regulation. No lawsuit claiming autism was the result of vaccination shall be entertained.

67.) Medical Legal Partnerships. Fee sharing shall be allowed between associations of doctors and lawyers for the purpose of enforcing healthier patient outcomes related to housing code violations, child abuse, government benefit enrollment, medical consent issues, and air quality enforcement.

68.) Drug overdose medicine. Any emergency services ambulance in the Southern Region shall carry medications for the purpose of treating drug overdoses.

69.) *OTC drugs. Drugs available over the counter shall be expanded to include: contraception, insulin, albuterol inhalers, antibiotics, adderall, codeine cough syrups, contact lenses, and clenbuterol.

70.) *Cash for Kidneys. It shall not be illegal for a person in need of a kidney transplant to compensate a willing donor.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 05:17:22 PM »

Best legislator ever!!!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 08:26:22 AM »

I'd like to take this time to thank all Southerners who have voted so far and encourage the rest to come out and vote as well.

I'd also like to thank our Federal legislative houses for debating several of the provisions from my healthcare plan and hope they can pass.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 07:19:19 PM »

Here, have a late endorsement.  We need policy wonks from all parties! Tongue
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 06:56:12 AM »

Good Morning Fellow Southerners. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this. I ask that you take time out of your day this weekend and vote in the election for myself or one of the other good candidates running for Southern Chamber. I have personally served alongside Lechasseur, Saint, and TimTurner. Despite our ideological differences Tim has consistently voted for pro-freedom bills. And in terms of chamber votes Lechasseur and the Saint were each my closest ally in the session in which we served together. I am close personal friends with CrypticParrot, but I believe in deleting is announcement and all of his posts, that he has withdrawn from the race. It is important that the Chamber have dedicated members with good political views. These past few months we had a very productive session, but we were down 3 out of 7 Delegates for most of it. Without the muscle of Carpetbagger, Lechasseur, Tim, and myself, activity would have ground to a halt. That is why I ask that you keep myself, Lechasseur, Saint, and Tim Turner high in your preferences.

In terms of accomplishments, I have passed major reforms in dozens of policy areas, from farms and business regulations to criminal justice reform and insurance law, and I have began rolling back the oppressive tide of big government. My laws have pushed unemployment down in our region, and I intend to keep pushing that rate downward. If you do not believe me, please scan through the legislative threads or read the most recent Session Report here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=267950.msg6012902#msg6012902 

As far as my platform for next session goes, this is the tentative list of bills I intend to introduce if elected for next session. About half are already written and this is not the order I intend to introduce the bills in:

1. Budget
2. Medicaid preservation
3. Broadband infrastructure
4. Naval infrastructure
5. Public school reform
6. Prison reform
7. Government ID reform
8. Driver's license suspension reform
9. Public firearm carry regulations
10. Utility sub-metering regulations
11. Animal welfare regulations
12. Repeal of obsolete crimes
13. Ban on dystopian science practices
14. Ban on revenge porn
15. FOIA exemptions
16. Hunting and Fishing regulations
17. Rules for sex offenders during emergency evacuations
18. Opiate overdose reductions
19. Drinking Age
20. Statute of limitations for construction cases
21. Adoption of Uniform Commercial Code
22. Adoption of Uniform Trust Code
23. Adoption of Uniform Building Code
24. Adoption of Uniform Rule Against Perpetuities
25. Adoption of Model Rules of Evidence
26. Regional Products designations.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, and I hope you feel I have earned your vote.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 07:00:41 AM »

Thank you! Cheesy

I have a good feeling about the upcoming session.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 08:15:20 AM »

The South needs you!

(yes, this is an endorsement)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 01:13:08 PM »

I'm curious, what exactly do your "public school reform" and "Government ID reform" entail?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 07:20:02 PM »

The working topics right now in the school is cool act are:

1.) Curriculum

2.) Teacher Licensing

3.) Student Discipline

4.) Bus Seat Belts

5.) Joint Bus Purchases

6.) Homeschool participation in extracurriculars

7.) Sunscreen w/o a prescription or parent note

8.) Length of school year

9.) Loan Forgiveness for certain teachers

For the other issue:

1.) Require compliance with Real ID to prevent TSA issues.

2.) Grants to help states transition.

3.) Rules for free IDs for indigents.

4.) Vehicle Title Fee to help cover costs of the bill.

5.) New IDs when reach age of full majority (currently 21).

6.) Expediting ID changes for transgenders.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 08:51:55 PM »

Yo, apparently you’re not on the ballot? Dang I thought something was strange when I didn’t see you on it
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 08:58:07 PM »

Endorsed for sure!

Yo, apparently you’re not on the ballot? Dang I thought something was strange when I didn’t see you on it

He's listed as "blackraisin"
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies