The real Rpryor (thread paid for by dfw flamewar consulting Inc.)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:20:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The real Rpryor (thread paid for by dfw flamewar consulting Inc.)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The real Rpryor (thread paid for by dfw flamewar consulting Inc.)  (Read 702 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 25, 2017, 03:00:52 PM »

So, I hope you'll stop your "omg fhtagn used to be labor" attacks now:

Lumine, I am sad to say that I must revoke my 2nd preference endorsements due to the vp pick, although I should've known this would've happened given rpryor tries to beg and steal his way into every possible position. If you had a chance of winning before, it is now down to 0.0% flat. Rpryor has been wholly inactive for several months now, I mean he wasn't even active as VP. BTW, what either of you probably don't know is that the position of VP is vastly different than back in January, if you are an inactive VP now you WILL be forced out. The position of VP is basically just as much, if not more work than either the Speaker of the House or the Senate PPT now, you must be heavily involved in congress. I also find it funny that the person who went to Labor because they thought "Wulfric is a disrespected joke and you are stupid for running him for Senate" is trying to lecture us about right wing politics, the same person who voted for Adam in a highly competitive Presidential race (well I guess we have that in common, if Adam were the labor nominee and Rpryor were the right wing nominee, I would vote for Adam!). I don't know what could possibly be passing through your head Lumine, in thinking that Rpryor as VP would serve to make Atlasia an any better place than it is now. Well, maybe this is your way of trying to destroy bicameralism by making it not work, after all a VP Rpryor would quite literally grind congress to a halt and make quite a case for your argument. I guess when you asked me "Isn't the game virtually dead?" a few weeks ago, I should've just said yes instead of arguing for the game, maybe then you wouldn't have made these odd choices since you actually seemed to think the game was "dead" even though we have record membership and activity.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 03:01:35 PM »

Thoughtfully moved to another thread on request of Lumine.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 03:03:04 PM »

So, I hope you'll stop your "omg fhtagn used to be labor" attacks now

My main issue is not that she's a former laborite. My issue is that she was a left-winger. Labor and the Feds are all the same these days, anyways.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 03:04:58 PM »

My main issue is not that she's a former laborite. My issue is that she was a left-winger. Labor and the Feds are all the same these days, anyways.
Fake news and alternative facts wrapped into one package, we are presenting a new platform soon, I do hope you tune in.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 03:14:01 PM »

It is not our fault that Labor has become so tame and mellow compared to the glory days of pushing 90% tax rates.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 03:15:06 PM »

I find it absolutely laughable that it's perfectly acceptable for folks to shift to the left, move to the labor party, and everything proceeds as normal.

But if someone's personal experiences make them realize that they no longer identify with a far left ideology they once held onto, moves to a party whose mission aligns more closely with their personal beliefs, and has remained completely committed to that party and it's mission since, it's all "fake" and worthy of making a big issue out of.

I never once claimed myself to be some conservative hero, and have even argued that I'm not exactly a right winger. But to make me out to be some far left faker in the Federalist Party not only shows how little you pay attention to my record, but shows how out of touch you are with the Atlasian voters, as well as members of both the Southern Legislature and the Atlasian House of Representatives who have actually worked with me and know my positions.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 03:16:55 PM »

She's in the same quadrant as you on the political compass and more economically conservative than Oakvale, who you voted for in the Federalist primary.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 03:17:19 PM »

Likewise seeking to respect the thread.

Oh, and to those trying to give poor innocent rpryor a hard time for voting for me in October 2016, it's important to remember that I won like one-third (or more?) of the conservative vote in that election. It was an absolute barnstorming, shit-slamming, domination election among a 60% conservative electorate.

And the Federalists lost in large part because they ran a generic candidate who nobody really asked for and who was far too much of an ideological wishy-washy to keep the party in check. Live and learn!

You didn't run for President in October 2016. Blair and I did!

You are confusing October 2015 which I didn't cite, with February 2016, which I did. and confusing Cris with Leinad.

You only beat Leinad by like 5 votes in that February 2016, the right was largely unified. I think the dementia is kicking in there old man.  

Oh dear lord Yankee are you really trying to make your point based on a typo?

No, I was talking about Cris and October 20165 - sorry to have triggered you! I honestly thought I lost rpryor's vote in February 2016 but I must have been thinking of somebody else.  

But now that you mention it, I beat Leinad in February 2016 by 5 - yes - but the electorate was closer to 65% conservative then. Truly amazing - if not more than October 2015! I fought off primary challenges and nobody - nobody - thought I was going to win re-election.

Maybe I should go back through the rolls and see how many other Federalists and conservatives should be permanently disqualified from running from office based on their votes in October 2015 and February 2016 then!

No one ever said he was disqualified for running for office because of voting for you, I said he was disqualified from judging Fhtagn for being a former Laborite, because of his vote for you.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 03:19:39 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2017, 03:26:24 PM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Also the metrics Adam uses to define right would not only include Fhtagn, but everyone who often votes for Federalists. So people like Torie and TexasGurl and other such swing voters would be labeled as "Conservatives" in his metrics.

It is basically just based on how they voted in several elections.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 04:05:55 PM »

Moving my own response:

Oh, and to those trying to give poor innocent rpryor a hard time for voting for me in October 2016, it's important to remember that I won like one-third (or more?) of the conservative vote in that election. It was an absolute barnstorming, shit-slamming, domination election among a 60% conservative electorate.

And the Federalists lost in large part because they ran a generic candidate who nobody really asked for and who was far too much of an ideological wishy-washy to keep the party in check. Live and learn!

You didn't run for President in October 2016. Blair and I did!

You are confusing October 2015 which I didn't cite, with February 2016, which I did. and confusing Cris with Leinad.

You only beat Leinad by like 5 votes in that February 2016, the right was largely unified. I think the dementia is kicking in there old man. 

Oh dear lord Yankee are you really trying to make your point based on a typo?

No, I was talking about Cris and October 20165 - sorry to have triggered you! I honestly thought I lost rpryor's vote in February 2016 but I must have been thinking of somebody else. 

But now that you mention it, I beat Leinad in February 2016 by 5 - yes - but the electorate was closer to 65% conservative then. Truly amazing - if not more than October 2015! I fought off primary challenges and nobody - nobody - thought I was going to win re-election.

Maybe I should go back through the rolls and see how many other Federalists and conservatives should be permanently disqualified from running from office based on their votes in October 2015 and February 2016 then!

Nobody is suggesting that voting for you should disqualify a Federalist from running for office. Now if they want to run as being more-conservative-than-thou after having done so, of course they are going to be called out for it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 04:10:21 PM »

I find it absolutely laughable that it's perfectly acceptable for folks to shift to the left, move to the labor party, and everything proceeds as normal.

But if someone's personal experiences make them realize that they no longer identify with a far left ideology they once held onto, moves to a party whose mission aligns more closely with their personal beliefs, and has remained completely committed to that party and it's mission since, it's all "fake" and worthy of making a big issue out of.

I never once claimed myself to be some conservative hero, and have even argued that I'm not exactly a right winger. But to make me out to be some far left faker in the Federalist Party not only shows how little you pay attention to my record, but shows how out of touch you are with the Atlasian voters, as well as members of both the Southern Legislature and the Atlasian House of Representatives who have actually worked with me and know my positions.

The argument isn't that you organically went from being (very far) left-of-center to being right-of-center in a month or whatever: the argument is that you're pretending to have undergone such a change without actually changing any of your beliefs whatsoever.

And of course it looks silly to anybody who looks closely, considering that you only left Labor because somebody made some very tame comments to you after you were already colluding with those who you thought would strengthen your political career in Fantasyland.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 04:18:45 PM »

[continued out of touch remarks from an irrelevant has-been no one pays attention to anymore]

But sure, keep pretending you know more about me and my beliefs than well, myself, and those who have actually gotten to know me and worked with me.

Whatever makes you feel more important, I guess.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 04:36:36 PM »

And of course it looks silly to anybody who looks closely

I feel like there is a disconnect regarding the phrase "looks closely." People like you and Lumine (the fact the two of you are basically regurgitating the same false narratives is very surreal btw) use it to mean "dig through threads and find a few out-of-context nuggets to fuel your pre-conceived notions/serve your ulterior motives" but it should be pointed out that none of the people making these attacks actually know fhtagn, and therefore these conspiracy theories about her faking are rooted less securely than a house built in quicksand.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 04:37:19 PM »

[continued out of touch remarks from an irrelevant has-been no one pays attention to anymore]

But sure, keep pretending you know more about me and my beliefs than well, myself, and those who have actually gotten to know me and worked with me.

Whatever makes you feel more important, I guess.

Oh, I'm sure you know more about yourself than I do, but I know all I need to know from your very public (and private) comments. So of course, you already know that you're a liar and an opportunist. The only thing left to settle is to make sure everybody else knows it as well.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 04:38:30 PM »

You sound crazier than Kellyanne Conway today, Adam
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 04:41:09 PM »

I feel like there is a disconnect regarding the phrase "looks closely." People like you and Lumine (the fact the two of you are basically regurgitating the same false narratives is very surreal btw) use it to mean "dig through threads and find a few out-of-context nuggets to fuel your pre-conceived notions/serve your ulterior motives" but it should be pointed out that none of the people making these attacks actually know fhtagn, and therefore these conspiracy theories about her faking are rooted less securely than a house built in quicksand.

Look, dude. I understand the predicament you're in: you're basically having to save face and explain to a horde of right-of-center people why you've nominated (and let scale the ranks) a left-wing opportunist as your party's nominee, in large part because you, Yankee and others let the previous opportunist President take over your party with no resistance whatsoever - all in the spirit of finally winning something, because he too was good at lying to people.

The simplest explanation here is the right one. Your nominee didn't magically become a right-winger - or even a moderate - overnight or even in a few months. You all have a problem with me winning one-third of the conservative vote two years ago but don't have any problem nominating somebody to the left of me today? LMAO.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 04:41:55 PM »

You sound crazier than Kellyanne Conway today, Adam

I was thinking about an Alex Jones comparison, but the queen of alternative facts works too.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 04:45:26 PM »

Look, dude. I understand the predicament you're in: you're basically having to save face and explain to a horde of right-of-center people why you've nominated (and let scale the ranks) a left-wing opportunist as your party's nominee, in large part because you, Yankee and others let the previous opportunist President take over your party with no resistance whatsoever - all in the spirit of finally winning something, because he too was good at lying to people.

The simplest explanation here is the right one. Your nominee didn't magically become a right-winger - or even a moderate - overnight or even in a few months. You all have a problem with me winning one-third of the conservative vote two years ago but don't have any problem nominating somebody to the left of me today? LMAO.

There is space to the left of you?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 04:49:03 PM »

I didn't think Goldwater was an opportunist...? huh
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 04:50:07 PM »

Considering that I didn't support cousin fuckin' and incest in June, I'd say so!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 04:51:25 PM »

Considering that I didn't support cousin fuckin' and incest in June, I'd say so!

That sounds like a Libertarian position. 
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 04:54:27 PM »

Oh yes, Yankee, you run such a Libertarian party. Roll Eyes

Wait a minute: you don't run it at all anymore!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 04:56:16 PM »

The only thing left to settle is to make sure everybody else knows it as well.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 05:40:02 PM »

Oh yes, Yankee, you run such a Libertarian party. Roll Eyes

Wait a minute: you don't run it at all anymore!

Our Party moved aggressively in a libertarian direction in 2015 and so a good number of the social positions (Drugs etc) and even FP (with a several exceptions of course), are generally libertarian as well. Our party elected Leinad as President, who pursued a rather libertarian social policy on drugs and gay rights. Which on the latter is something that most conservative parties in Europe have done as well.

Since that time libertarian economics has been in decline because the number of pure Randians joining the game has dried up. So the Party has moved to the center somewhat on economics. So you have a lot of socially/FP libertarian center-righties. The party's positioning reflects its generalized membership and the RL Right is evolving as well as I have repeatedly posted about on AAD and the Atlas.

Nobody "runs" this party, it isn't a dictatorship like you ran Labor. I lead this party! And with good reason, not because I force people to do what I want.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 05:49:18 PM »

More like you used to be a clearly right-of-center party before you let DFW recruit tons of left-wingers into the mix for his own political gain and totally dilute any ideological convictions the Federalists once had (which, granted, weren't many).

But yes, Yankee, you (presumably) won the last ballot for Chair, so you're still the "leader".
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies