How She [Hillary] Lost
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:08:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How She [Hillary] Lost
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How She [Hillary] Lost  (Read 1083 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 25, 2017, 01:26:13 PM »

Stanley Greenberg in essence focuses on Clinton's lack of focus on class issues, in particular white working class economic issues. He asks if the Dems can successfully marry class and identity politics into an effective coalition, or whether it must choose one or the other.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 01:30:45 PM »

Please, for the love of the Atlasian GODS, no more Hillary. Let her be. Let's move on.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 01:38:58 PM »

While I agree with the content of the article thus far, I have to say how absolutely chickenshit Rep. DeLauro and her husband are. They saw the warning bells going off, and yet they stood by her anyway as she cheated Bernie and told the white working class to go 'eff itself.

The juicy insider gossip about Mook and his data system is cool though. Good read.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 01:40:44 PM »

Enough. Move on. Enough Hillary bashing.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 01:47:29 PM »

While I agree with the content of the article thus far, I have to say how absolutely chickenshit Rep. DeLauro and her husband are. They saw the warning bells going off, and yet they stood by her anyway as she cheated Bernie and told the white working class to go 'eff itself.

The juicy insider gossip about Mook and his data system is cool though. Good read.

You are such an instigator, lol.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 02:03:50 PM »

The author was Al Gore's pollster. Gore blew a far more winnable race than 2016. I'm not sure if now those losers can lecture our current losers on why they lost.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 02:06:38 PM »

Please, for the love of the Atlasian GODS, no more Hillary. Let her be. Let's move on.

Thus the emphasis as to the choices the party faces going forward.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 02:11:56 PM »

Stanley Greenberg in essence focuses on Clinton's lack of focus on class issues, in particular white working class economic issues. He asks if the Dems can successfully marry class and identity politics into an effective coalition, or whether it must choose one or the other.

The Dems have been talking about both economic and social issues since Hubert Humphrey's Human Rights speech 70 years ago. Now all of a sudden they are at odds? Just more insanity.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 02:34:43 PM »

Hillary is a horrible person and should be pilloried for her sins until the day she finally "moves on" herself.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 02:42:20 PM »

Of course, Hillary has really exposed how much this country hates women.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 02:46:17 PM »

Of course, Hillary has really exposed how much this country hates women.

America elected Obama, and I'd bet there are way more people who would refuse to vote for a black man than who would refuse to vote for a woman.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 02:57:46 PM »

The Dems have been talking about both economic and social issues since Hubert Humphrey's Human Rights speech 70 years ago. Now all of a sudden they are at odds? Just more insanity.

They are at odds when economic stress is out there, and some of the identity politics part of the Dem coalition has limited tolerance for populism and so forth.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 03:04:42 PM »

Key word there is talking. It's all talk and no action with the Democrats. Did you know over 60% of American's can't afford a $1,000 emergency? Democrats in part created that with no economic help for the middle class, no jobs program.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 05:32:45 PM »

The author was Al Gore's pollster. Gore blew a far more winnable race than 2016. I'm not sure if now those losers can lecture our current losers on why they lost.

There is truth to that, but Trump was a far more beatable opponent than Dubya.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 05:34:24 PM »

It is very easy to determine why Hillary lost. Consider whatever direction you think the Democratic Party should go; Hillary lost because she was insufficiently that.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 05:35:34 PM »

Can we stop with the Hillary talk y'all? The election was 10 months ago, it's done and over with.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 08:10:07 PM »

I disagree. Gore was never leading Bush by over 10 points in polls... it was quite actually the opposite. If anything it was an uphill battle for Gore.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 08:44:02 PM »

Lol wut.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 09:37:22 PM »

I disagree. Gore was never leading Bush by over 10 points in polls... it was quite actually the opposite. If anything it was an uphill battle for Gore.

Gore also didn't use Bill despite sky-high approvals.

Hillary used Obama at every possible turn.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 10:01:31 PM »

Lol wut.

Gore had a great economy and very popular President Hillary had a mediocre economy and a President whose popularity was merely good.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 10:35:22 PM »

Ok these threads were fun for awhile but are just annoying now.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 10:42:26 PM »

No one care about the bonner you have for the white working class, and your shared economic anxiety.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2017, 10:47:43 AM »

No one care about the bonner you have for the white working class, and your shared economic anxiety.
Trust me Jerry, no one cares for you around here either. Go read the "Opinion of JerryArkansas" thread.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies