The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 12:47:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 80
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 2  (Read 219570 times)
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: January 03, 2018, 10:54:23 AM »

THE HILLARY CLINTON WATCH:

Robby Mook does not rule out another run for her:

https://news.grabien.com/story-clintons-campaign-manager-wont-rule-out-her-running-again

She is also commenting on Iran. 

STAND WITH HILLARY!!
Give it a rest.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #501 on: January 03, 2018, 11:55:00 AM »

That story is from last March, and we already talked about it in the previous thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=233345.msg5581189#msg5581189
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #502 on: January 03, 2018, 03:55:22 PM »

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #503 on: January 03, 2018, 04:58:24 PM »

Fox Business talks about "rumors" that Romney may run for prez again in 2020:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/2018/01/03/mitt-romney-taps-key-hedge-fund-advisers-for-potential-return-to-politics-and-maybe-even-presidency.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
SKY
Rookie
« Reply #504 on: January 03, 2018, 05:01:49 PM »

Oh, there is no question he wants to.

I think he ends up being Biden’s VP.
Burke859
Rookie
United States

« Reply #505 on: January 03, 2018, 08:53:45 PM »

Romney needs to hang it up.  There's something sort of off-putting about how hard he's trying.  Especially since it doesn't seem like he's doing it for ego-related reasons.  Someone who wants power so bad that they'll spend 26 years trying to attain it (his failed 1994 Senate run through the 2020 presidential election) is somewhat disconcerting.
SKY
Rookie
« Reply #506 on: January 03, 2018, 10:35:17 PM »

Romney needs to hang it up.  There's something sort of off-putting about how hard he's trying.  Especially since it doesn't seem like he's doing it for ego-related reasons.  Someone who wants power so bad that they'll spend 26 years trying to attain it (his failed 1994 Senate run through the 2020 presidential election) is somewhat disconcerting.

Nixon

Although, I do think Romney would do a pretty darn good job.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #507 on: January 03, 2018, 10:55:10 PM »

No she is not. She has said as much and donors are already looking in other directions at this point. The woman is done. Though I know you'd like her to be running because she is the reddest of the red meat for the Republican base.

This statement is factual. Your personal hate/dislike of her will not negate this.
I will not believe yet she is not running.  I remember “‘Tricky Dick’”. Saying the press would not have him
to kick him around anymore.  She is every bit as tricky.

Hillary always gained her importance by her connections to Bill.  If she had been on her own. She would never have gained any any recognition.  She certainly would not been elected a Senator from New York or never been a candidate for President.

I disagree. She wouldn't have had the same pull certainly, having a politician has a spouse helps your political moves especially when they're president ESPECIALLY when it's Bill Clinton. Hillary IMO would've been able to become prominent without Bill.

Well not in Arkansas.  She was a reason Bill lost re-election as Governor In 1980.  If you knew what she looked like you would be rattled.  She would never have seen the light of day in Illinois or New York in her own stead.  There would have been too many other politiiians to contest with her.

She was the reason he lost in 1980? Not the National Republican Title Wave? Not Carter's decision to send Mariel boatlift refugees in large numbers to Arkansas? Not his decision to raise vehicle registration tag fees?

And just curious, did Clinton do some sort of fake divorce when the voters Handley returned into office in 1982 followed by overwhelming reelection in 84, 86, and 1990?

You should have seen what she look like? Really?? That's a really stupid and sexist thing to say. Don't believe me? Did Barbara Bush looking like as Robin Williams famously joke George Washington on the one dollar bill ever stop you from voting for her husband or son? Did Nancy Reagan's looks as a septuagenarian keep you from voting for Reagan?

Frankly, if you want to play that game, take a look at it Hillary in 1992 before she cut her hair, though that may be only my personal taste for long hair. She was in my humble opinion better looking then any first lady since Jackie Kennedy at minimum, and arguably, again in my opinion, even more beautiful than her. Sorry dude, but I just looked online for some images of Hillary is first lady of Arkansas in the 80s, and even if a first ladies physical appearance truly mattered with a damn, your state had nothing whatsoever to complain about frankly.

If you're going to be sexist, at least try not to be such an easily rebuttable idiot about it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #508 on: January 03, 2018, 11:00:26 PM »

Yes. Some git keeps going on ad infinitum about Hillary running for president again without an ounce of actual evidence indicating that's true, but does so with such vehemence and repetitiveness one wonders if he's recently suffered a stroke or something.

Odd indeed.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #509 on: January 03, 2018, 11:01:44 PM »

Oh, there is no question he wants to.

I think he ends up being Biden’s VP.

Wut?
SKY
Rookie
« Reply #510 on: January 04, 2018, 08:20:50 AM »

I’m very bullish on the Dems picking a moderate Rep as VP. Most likely Kasich, depends who is the top of the ticket. Biden is someone I could see “bridging the divide” and “uniting the country”.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #511 on: January 04, 2018, 10:40:15 AM »

Tim Ryan donated $2500 to "New Hampshire Young Democrats" a few months ago:

http://www.unionleader.com/Kevin-Landrigans-Granite-Status-Boutin-to-take-another-shot-at-NH-Senate-seat-in-Dist-16-rematch-with_Cavanaugh-01042018
SKY
Rookie
« Reply #512 on: January 04, 2018, 11:58:57 AM »

He’s another guy to keep an eye on. Flake as well.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #513 on: January 04, 2018, 06:08:36 PM »

Speaking of Flake...

He isn't ruling it out.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #514 on: January 04, 2018, 06:57:07 PM »

Gabriel Debenedetti‏ @gdebenedetti
Dem billionaire megadonor @TomSteyer is making an announcement about his "his political future and plans for 2018" in DC on Monday. One doesn't tend to announce runs for Californian statewide office in DC...
6:29 PM - 4 Jan 2018

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/949060296559116288

Jack Bohrer‏ @JRBoh
Fmr. VP @JoeBiden on @GovHowardDean's concerns that he's too old to run in 2020: "Tell Howard I can take him physically." @NewsHour
6:27 PM - 4 Jan 2018

https://twitter.com/JRBoh/status/949059620059848704
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #515 on: January 04, 2018, 07:12:42 PM »

Gabriel Debenedetti‏ @gdebenedetti
Dem billionaire megadonor @TomSteyer is making an announcement about his "his political future and plans for 2018" in DC on Monday. One doesn't tend to announce runs for Californian statewide office in DC...
6:29 PM - 4 Jan 2018

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/949060296559116288

Ooh yay some excitement Smiley

I actually LOLed at this
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #516 on: January 04, 2018, 07:14:24 PM »

I’m very bullish on the Dems picking a moderate Rep as VP. Most likely Kasich, depends who is the top of the ticket. Biden is someone I could see “bridging the divide” and “uniting the country”.
John Kasich is not a moderate.

And the Dems picking a Republican as the VP will only keep Democrats home. We don't want to vote for that crap.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #517 on: January 04, 2018, 07:16:08 PM »

A policy advisor at a think tank funded by Steyer bought up web domains for a Steyer political run for various offices, but then relinquished them when Yahoo asked him about them:

https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-steyer-president-theres-web-domain-100052132.html

SKY
Rookie
« Reply #518 on: January 04, 2018, 07:35:21 PM »

And the Dems picking a Republican as the VP will only keep Democrats home. We don't want to vote for that crap.

I don’t like people who vote for team blue or team red, I hope those voters stay home.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #519 on: January 04, 2018, 07:37:11 PM »

I don’t like people who vote for team blue or team red, I hope those voters stay home.
So it's a problem that I or anyone else does not want someone on the ticket who we don't agree with on ANYTHING politically? Kasich is against everything I stand for. That sounds ridiculous.
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #520 on: January 04, 2018, 08:38:30 PM »

Is there seriously a chance that Tom Steyer is announcing his 2020 candidacy on Monday?

What would the implications be of that? Would others jump in too? Would campaign season officially begin - at least, for people not participating in the midterms?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #521 on: January 04, 2018, 08:39:16 PM »

Is there seriously a chance that Tom Steyer is announcing his 2020 candidacy on Monday?

What would the implications be of that? Would others jump in too? Would campaign season officially begin - at least, for people not participating in the midterms?

lol no. Nobody would care, except to the extent he becomes a punchline like Delaney.
kyc0705

« Reply #522 on: January 04, 2018, 09:29:42 PM »

Answering your questions in order:
1. I don't know.
2. There would be none.
3. Not at any different rate than they would already.
4. No.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #523 on: January 05, 2018, 10:44:17 AM »

Weirdly enough, Warren, who a couple of years ago showed absolutely no interest in foreign policy, is one of the only 2020 Dems to make a comment on the Iran protests:

https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/948310246551883776

The rest of them are largely ignoring the protests.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #524 on: January 05, 2018, 10:51:40 AM »

No she is not. She has said as much and donors are already looking in other directions at this point. The woman is done. Though I know you'd like her to be running because she is the reddest of the red meat for the Republican base.

This statement is factual. Your personal hate/dislike of her will not negate this.
I will not believe yet she is not running.  I remember “‘Tricky Dick’”. Saying the press would not have him
to kick him around anymore.  She is every bit as tricky.

Hillary always gained her importance by her connections to Bill.  If she had been on her own. She would never have gained any any recognition.  She certainly would not been elected a Senator from New York or never been a candidate for President.

I disagree. She wouldn't have had the same pull certainly, having a politician has a spouse helps your political moves especially when they're president ESPECIALLY when it's Bill Clinton. Hillary IMO would've been able to become prominent without Bill.

Well not in Arkansas.  She was a reason Bill lost re-election as Governor In 1980.  If you knew what she looked like you would be rattled.  She would never have seen the light of day in Illinois or New York in her own stead.  There would have been too many other politiiians to contest with her.

She was the reason he lost in 1980? Not the National Republican Title Wave? Not Carter's decision to send Mariel boatlift refugees in large numbers to Arkansas? Not his decision to raise vehicle registration tag fees?

And just curious, did Clinton do some sort of fake divorce when the voters Handley returned into office in 1982 followed by overwhelming reelection in 84, 86, and 1990?

You should have seen what she look like? Really?? That's a really stupid and sexist thing to say. Don't believe me? Did Barbara Bush looking like as Robin Williams famously joke George Washington on the one dollar bill ever stop you from voting for her husband or son? Did Nancy Reagan's looks as a septuagenarian keep you from voting for Reagan?

Frankly, if you want to play that game, take a look at it Hillary in 1992 before she cut her hair, though that may be only my personal taste for long hair. She was in my humble opinion better looking then any first lady since Jackie Kennedy at minimum, and arguably, again in my opinion, even more beautiful than her. Sorry dude, but I just looked online for some images of Hillary is first lady of Arkansas in the 80s, and even if a first ladies physical appearance truly mattered with a damn, your state had nothing whatsoever to complain about frankly.

If you're going to be sexist, at least try not to be such an easily rebuttable idiot about it.

I agree with your argument but let's not go that far.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies