KYC0705 for Lincoln Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:31:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  KYC0705 for Lincoln Governor
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KYC0705 for Lincoln Governor  (Read 444 times)
kyc0705

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 13, 2017, 07:44:27 AM »

FOR A FAIR AND PROSPEROUS LINCOLN

Experience, pragmatism, and focus.
kyc0705

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 02:56:54 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2017, 02:58:39 PM by kyc0705 »

INTRODUCTORY SPEECH

People of Lincoln, we know how great and prosperous our region is. We control a powerhouse of an economy, harvest diverse agricultural resources, and our cities are world influencers. As a result, we need a good and active government to guide us into the future.

I believe in the importance and vitality of getting involved. That's why I became an assemblyman, and then lieutenant governor. I have found my calling in participating in this decision-making process, and in my career, I have met with many wonderful citizens from all over this region, Lincolners who work hard every day to make the world a better place.

I want to make a difference, too, and do so more effectively than ever before. And that's why today, I am running for Governor of this great region.

Under my leadership, we will emphasize expanding and improving our infrastructure, optimizing the efficiency of our government, and ensuring that all people are treated fairly and free from discrimination. I will make sure that bigotry, ultranationalism, and separatism have no say in how we live and work, and will not pose a threat to the progress of our society.

I thank Governor Wells for all he's done, and I am honored that he chose me to become his lieutenant governor. And while I will make sure the highlights of his tenure are secured and continued, I want to bring new leadership strategies to New York, based on moderate, level-headed pragmatism, forged on the importance of ideas and the ability to listen to many different points of view.

Lincoln is great, but we can always do better. And if I am elected governor, I pledge to expand our potential and push us further into the future. Our tomorrow starts today.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 05:17:52 PM »

I look forward to a good campaign.
kyc0705

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 05:56:26 PM »

As do I.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 06:16:33 PM »

Endorsed!
kyc0705

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 07:03:01 PM »

Thank you!
kyc0705

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 11:35:50 AM »

STATEMENT ON PARTY AFFILIATION
Over the course of my career in Atlasia, I have received requests from representatives of both major parties to join their ranks. However, I have politely declined every time, and will continue to do so. I believe that I can perform my best work when placed in a more objective position—able to examine the pros and cons of each proposal without being tied to a group of special interests.

There are many Atlasian politicians and statespeople I respect who are in a party. They have been tremendous mentors. But I am a candidate who believes in nonpartisanship, and for those who want a governor with extensive experience, who will also look to the people first, and not the party line, I'm your guy.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 07:26:13 AM »

Asking this question to all gubernatorial candidates because it should be an issue in this campaign: how would you alter or structure the region's healthcare system using the provisions of the RRPHA?
kyc0705

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 06:40:36 PM »

Asking this question to all gubernatorial candidates because it should be an issue in this campaign: how would you alter or structure the region's healthcare system using the provisions of the RRPHA?

Thank you for this important question. Healthcare should be one of the first priorities of any government, and under a KYC-led Lincoln, that wouldn't change. AtlasCare's public option is a good step forward in ensuring that all people have access to affordable medical care, and if I'm elected Governor, I will further augment this policy by supporting initiatives brought to me by the Assembly, or possibly those I personally collaborate on.

For example, many have speculated that an appropriate goal is some kind of "single-payer" system, and while I wouldn't be opposed to that on paper, my main objective is working within the policies we have established and making sure healthcare is more affordable and more reliable. We should spare no expense in expanding our public option, as well as general care.

While I have built my reputation on caution and centrism on fiscal affairs when it comes to managing our budget, I believe that healthcare should be protected and improved in any practical circumstance.
kyc0705

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 10:39:08 AM »

STATEMENT ON CAMPAIGN FUTURE
Unfortunately, due to a lack of support or campaign infrastructure, I will be ending my campaign for Governor of Lincoln today. However, I intend to run for another term in the Lincoln Assembly, and continue my fight for prosperity and equality.

I hereby endorse Speaker Lok in his bid for governor.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 10:51:52 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2017, 10:53:23 AM by Governor Wells »

However, I intend to run for another term in the Lincoln Assembly, and continue my fight for prosperity and equality.

Good news! Endorsed.

e: Although I was looking forward to a gubernatorial race with you in it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies