What is the Criteria for Being an FF or an HP?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:46:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is the Criteria for Being an FF or an HP?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the Criteria for Being an FF or an HP?  (Read 2338 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2017, 07:27:47 PM »

Is there a uniform set of HP and FF criteria that I'm missing?
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:02:32 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2017, 08:02:39 PM by Justice TJ »

Atlas is extremely tolerant to people of varying ideologies except literal Nazis, fascists, or communists.  There are plenty of blue avatar posters who are better than red avatar posters, and vice-versa.  For example, Coraxion having a red avatar does not negate the fact that he supports terrorism and the slaughter of Israeli children.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 08:02:40 PM »

Most of the time, it's based on policy agreement when used with respect to politicians, and general agreeableness with respect to other posters.   Some posters will HP anyone they disagree with politically, but this is not the norm.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 08:12:10 PM »

Atlas is extremely tolerant to people of varying ideologies except literal Nazis

Right... That's why we took literally forever to ban Eharding and Klartext
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 08:21:06 PM »

Right-winger = HP
Left-winger = FF
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 08:24:05 PM »

Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 08:28:28 PM »

Atlas is extremely tolerant to people of varying ideologies except literal Nazis

Well, yeah.  Not long ago I made a thread asking if a user could be banned if they were an open member of NAMBLA.  The response was that someone would not be banned for being a member of NAMBLA - only if they advocated their views or openly promoted pedophilia on the forum.

Klartext is a member of a white nationalist group but that is not what got him banned.  Eharding frequently posted anti-Semitic comments and memes outside this forum (and now on AAD obviously, but we know who to blame for that).  From my understanding of precedent, the only thing you can be banned for doing off-forum is sending death threats to other users.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 09:05:14 PM »

Socks are obvious HPs
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 09:10:09 PM »

At the end of the day, in reality, we're all HPs
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 10:53:16 PM »

You have failed to understand the definition of "literally".  Tongue

In any case, in response to your underlying point, there's a distinction between the forum being tolerant of posters in the sense of them being popular vs. being tolerant in the sense of them being allowed to post.  There are plenty of posters who the forum is "intolerant" of in that they are unpopular, yet being unpopular doesn't mean that you're banned.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 11:35:50 PM »

Generally, users who are decent to others are FFs, obnoxious assholes are HPs.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 11:39:48 PM »

"Fiscally conservative, socially liberal" = HP
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 02:55:22 PM »

"Fiscally conservative, socially liberal" = HP
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 04:26:52 PM »

"I don't agree with [insert a poster here] hateful/oppressive views but, hey, these are normal political differences which shouldn't color my opinion of a person. Nice guy, FF Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley"
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 06:31:58 PM »

It's funny how the people who say that political views shouldn't be a factor in one's opinion of a person are the same people who hate me because of my political views.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 06:33:59 PM »

It's funny how the people who say that political views shouldn't be a factor in one's opinion of a person are the same people who hate me because of my political views.

Anti-Semitism is not a "political view", it's just disgusting
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 08:31:52 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2017, 07:34:47 PM by TexasGurl »

Active loathing of white Americans (to put it lightly) is disgusting.  Is it racism?  If not, why is it justified?
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 08:49:18 PM »

Racism is also disgusting. So why does everyone suck Santander's and Sanchez's dicks?

Active loathing of white Americans Republicans (to put it lightly) is disgusting.  Is it racism?  If not, why is it justified?
FTFY
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 02:48:45 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2017, 02:52:49 PM by RFayette »

Racism is also disgusting. So why does everyone suck Santander's and Sanchez's dicks?

Active loathing of white Americans Republicans (to put it lightly) is disgusting.  Is it racism?  If not, why is it justified?
FTFY

In the end of the day, don't you think it's better to respect opposing points of view rather than have contempt for your political adversaries?  Hating your enemies doesn't do you (or anyone else) any good, so what is there to lose by having a more understanding view toward those whose views you see as execrable?  I say this as someone who finds a lot of the moral views of progressives personally troubling - especially on abortion - but I think it's better to respect people even if we have different viewpoints on very consequential issues.  

I know we have some pretty big disagreements, but I think you care about others and are fundamentally a decent person.  I think it'd be best for your sake to try to open your mind a bit to different perspectives, as tough as it can be at times. 
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2017, 07:04:54 PM »

Active loathing of white Americans Republicans (to put it lightly) is disgusting.  Is it racism?  If not, why is it justified?
FTFY

In the end of the day, don't you think it's better to respect opposing points of view rather than have contempt for your political adversaries?  Hating your enemies doesn't do you (or anyone else) any good, so what is there to lose by having a more understanding view toward those whose views you see as execrable?  I say this as someone who finds a lot of the moral views of progressives personally troubling - especially on abortion - but I think it's better to respect people even if we have different viewpoints on very consequential issues.  

I know we have some pretty big disagreements, but I think you care about others and are fundamentally a decent person.  I think it'd be best for your sake to try to open your mind a bit to different perspectives, as tough as it can be at times. 

You're pretty much the definition of good Christian. You don't only see people whose moral views on many issues are almost completely opposite to you, such as me, as decent and worthy of respect, but you even treat someone like Cora, who said some pretty horrible things, with compassion and give them a chance. This is a truly big feat that most people can rarely achieve, kudos.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 08:38:58 AM »

Some posters will HP anyone they disagree with politically, but this is not the norm.
Those people are assholes....

and right on time....
Eharding frequently posted anti-Semitic comments and memes outside this forum (and now on AAD obviously, but we know who to blame for that).
what?  no....
Being a bigot isn't a political view.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies