Kamala... for Prime Minister
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:24:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Kamala... for Prime Minister
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Kamala... for Prime Minister  (Read 2815 times)
Kamala
Madagascar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2017, 11:47:07 AM »
« edited: November 07, 2017, 12:52:35 AM by Kamala Claus »

Kamala's announcement rally at Augustana University, Sioux Falls

Fremont, a new chapter is upon us. The opportunity to break the bonds of partisanship and elitism. The opportunity to fight for the rights we all deserve. The opportunity to realize that a better world is possible.

As Speaker of the Fremont House of Commons, I've worked with Prime Minister Truman to pass important legislation, such as the Transparency Act. I've made sure the people's voice is represented in Denver, and cut down on budgetary waste and bureaucratic aggrandizement by proposing a tax rebate, giving you back the money you earned. And I've made sure that no legislation that rewards entrenched politicians gets through the Commons.

As your Senator, I prepare to do the same. To fight for direct democracy and against the consolidation of power in the executive branch. To fight for justice and against bigotry. To fight for your rights and against those who threaten them.

It is time for Fremont to have a Senator who is active and believes in giving power back to the people. It is time for Fremont to have a Senator with great hair and great values.

If elected, I will work with anyone who will advance the cause of direct democracy, regardless of party affiliation. I will work against anyone who seeks to entrench power in the elected elite of Nyman. It is time to drain the swamp of elitism, corruption, and haughtiness. It's time to bring Power back to the People.

A better world is possible!

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 12:07:01 PM »

Endorsed (sane, normal, FF)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 02:07:48 PM »

Endorsed for second preference (after Lumine)
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 04:23:55 PM »

Campaign stop in Walla Walla, Washington

"...and I'd like to address some of the other candidates for the Senate. First, former President Lumine.

What is there to say about him? He's the embodiment of the political establishment. A former President running for the Senate? What could be more elite?

Which is why we need to take a careful look at how Lumine only re-registered to vote in Fremont... yesterday! He's lost touch with our Commonwealth. He's more suited to be a Senator from Nyman than one from Fremont!

It's no wonder the entire elite cadre of elected officials instantly endorsed him - from Presidents Dfwlibertylover and Fhtagn to Vice President Rpryor to candidate Oakvale - all part of the corrupt, elite establishment of Nyman. He's a senator that will do their bidding - I'll be a senator that'll do yours.

I'm Fremont born and bred. I will never put my own ambitions above the interests of my own region. Can the same be said for Lumine?

And let's get to candidate Siren as well. We women in politics ought to support each other. But Siren goes out, throws shade at me, and claims her superiority because of her attitude. That's not supporting each other. That's an attack. We both know how hard it is to be a successful woman in politics. There's no reason to make it harder. 

Shame on you, Siren. Shame on you."
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 05:35:03 PM »

Endorsed with great gusto.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 06:19:31 PM »

there's already a senator kamala from the fremont region
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 06:21:26 PM »

there's already a senator kamala from the fremont region
Wallace is transitioning?!
(I've already made that joke way too many times, but whatever)
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 06:27:02 PM »

Endorsed you are the hardest working member of the house of commons good luck!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 08:57:18 PM »

A short statement from Kamala, in Eugene, Oregon

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 08:58:54 PM »

Endorsed you are the hardest working member of the house of commons good luck!

Thank you! It's great to see real Fremonters such as Canis and Saguaro show their support for this campaign, as opposed to Nyman bigwigs like former Presidents. Of course, Peebs's endorsement is appreciated as well.

Endorsed for second preference (after Lumine)

Okay.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 09:03:38 PM »

These statements and Stephanie Herseth Sandlin photos are nice, but what are your political positions? I'm not asking for any in particular.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 09:24:59 PM »

Of course, Peebs's endorsement is appreciated as well.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 10:06:56 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2017, 10:20:41 AM by President fhtagn »

We women in politics ought to support each other... We both know how hard it is to be a successful woman in politics. There's no reason to make it harder.

It's no wonder the entire elite cadre of elected officials instantly endorsed him - from Presidents Dfwlibertylover and Fhtagn to Vice President Rpryor to candidate Oakvale - all part of the corrupt, elite establishment of Nyman.

I would highly suggest you remain consistent if you are going to use that logic to shame Siren, considering you had no issues tearing me down with very little knowledge about who I am, and what I have done in my political career.

And for someone who hates the "corrupt, elite establishment of Nyman", you do realize that Truman (the man you endorsed for President) has significantly more ties to Nyman and has been a member of the "establishment" far longer than I have ever been?

Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 01:23:37 PM »

We women in politics ought to support each other... We both know how hard it is to be a successful woman in politics. There's no reason to make it harder.

It's no wonder the entire elite cadre of elected officials instantly endorsed him - from Presidents Dfwlibertylover and Fhtagn to Vice President Rpryor to candidate Oakvale - all part of the corrupt, elite establishment of Nyman.

I would highly suggest you remain consistent if you are going to use that logic to shame Siren, considering you had no issues tearing me down with very little knowledge about who I am, and what I have done in my political career.

And for someone who hates the "corrupt, elite establishment of Nyman", you do realize that Truman (the man you endorsed for President) has significantly more ties to Nyman and has been a member of the "establishment" far longer than I have ever been?

I think you're missing the fundamental point: Labor is good, Federalist is bad.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 03:00:06 PM »

Kamala isn't even in the Labor Party.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 03:07:52 PM »

Shh...
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 05:20:50 PM »

Yes. You were comparing Truman, not Kamala, to yourself.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2017, 06:32:43 PM »

Yes. You were comparing Truman, not Kamala, to yourself.

well, at least you admit you have no problem with hypocrisy.
not that it surprises me.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 06:37:06 PM »

Speech at Dinkelspiel Auditorium, Stanford University

Independence and Cooperation - that's my general ideology. Our government works best when we all participate, with our own independent views and experiences. We all have something to contribute - but part of that responsibility involves being able to listen. To work with others, and to take into account their experiences and expertise. Cooperating together, we can make good policy great.

But it's also important we get into the specifics.

Paid Family Leave - as your Senator, I will push for paid leave for mothers and fathers. When it comes to your lives, you often have to make a tough decision: pursue your family life or your career. I know how difficult it is to make a decision, and it often comes with consequences. But I think it's time to say, no more. We need to allow working mothers and fathers to be able to pursue both of these paths. Six months for both parents ought to become standard practice with companies.

Infrastructure - For far too long our nation's infrastructure has been insufficient for facilitating economic growth. It's time for more investment to satisfy our country's economic need. But we also need to think beyond roads and bridges - which are still important - to other parts of our infrastructure, such as our ports, dams, levees, and pipelines. In Fremont, we know that a lot of our citizens are involved in the oil and gas industries, and they know the importance of pipelines on facilitating commerce. In states like Washington, California, and Oregon, we know the important of maritime trade on our economy, and the need to make sure our ports are up to snuff. In this new digital age, it's important our ports are secure, not just physically, but also in cyberspace. As senator, I'll call for a new investment program in port cybersecurity, road, dam, and bridge repair, and pipeline improvement, through public-private partnerships.

Taxes - As a member of the Fremont House of Commons, I championed a tax rebate for all citizens of Fremont. We don't a federal income tax, and I intend to keep it that way. Low tax rates support healthy economic growth, and you don't need the government telling you how to spend your money.

Federalism - I intend to support the strength of the regions of Atlasia. In Fremont, our regional government is better able to respond quickly and specifically to problems in California, Colorado, South Dakota, or anywhere else in our great region. Maintaining the ability of regions to be able to wield this power is important, and something I intend to support.

Direct Democracy - As the founder of the PRDC, direct democracy is at the heart of my campaign. I intend to introduce a constitutional amendment that any bill raising taxes or any nonemergency bill incurring spending of greater than 50 billion dollars must be approved by a majority of the national electorate. It is vital that voters are able to voice their opinions beyond simply choosing their representatives - there is never going to be a Representative or a Senator whose views represent each and every one of their constituents. Direct democracy is the only recourse.

Social Issues - To be blunt, the government should not be in the business of regulating bedrooms or uteri.

Immigration - I intend to introduce a bill allowing regions to issue workers' visas. Such a program will allow regions to better control and attract needed workers to their economies. Fremont's an agricultural region, so it should be able to issues farm workers' visas if it needs extra labor. If the South is struggling from a shortage of tech workers, it should be able to issues its own visas as well, rather than be beholden to the actions of the federal government.

Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2017, 08:04:29 PM »

There's only four hours left to vote! I hope everyone who intends to vote goes and does so now!
Isn't there another day left?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2017, 08:07:37 PM »

There's only four hours left to vote! I hope everyone who intends to vote goes and does so now!

I thought it was Sunday midnight?
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 08:08:03 PM »

Four hours left? Holy sh**t. Time to mobilize the troops.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2017, 08:08:45 PM »

Four hours left? Holy sh**t. Time to mobilize the troops.

I thought it was Sunday midnight?

Ugh, I misread it. Monday midnight. A day and four hours.

Sorry.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 12:14:55 AM »

Madam Speaker, congratulations on a well run campaign and an exciting race. I rather enjoyed the banter!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 12:21:44 AM »

Statement from Speaker Kamala at her ranch in Stanley County, South Dakota

"Congratulations to Senator-Elect Siren for both a wonderful campaign and a well-earned victory.

While obviously this is not my preferred results, it is the will of the voters, which is the most sacred thing in our democracy. I am excited to return to Denver and continue my tenure as Speaker. I am honored to have been able to run alongside great people of our Commonwealth such as Senator-Elect Siren and former President Lumine. A wonderful, energetic campaign was run that would make our nation's founders proud.

I know that Siren will represent our region well and with great gusto. I wish her nothing but the best in her term. "
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies