TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:45:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43
Poll
Question: Who Would You Vote For In a Matchup
Phil Bredesen (D)
Marsha Blackburn (R)
The Libertarian
Other
Undecided
Abstain
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi  (Read 93079 times)
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: October 30, 2018, 01:41:18 PM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpkN7A-FN0B/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

Not that it really matters, but Taylor Swift posted this on Instagram. Taylor > Kanye confirmed at the very least.

I'm not totally sure, but is this her and her mom on the picture ?
Yes

Nice.

Btw: Where does a Taylor Swift vote ? Did she vote early at some rural precinct or something ? Or by mail ?

Pretty sure here primary residence is in Nashville proper.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #951 on: October 30, 2018, 02:26:57 PM »

Not that it really matters, but Taylor Swift posted this on Instagram. Taylor > Kanye confirmed at the very least.
I think that I'm in love with Taylor Swift.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #952 on: October 30, 2018, 03:03:02 PM »

Lean R ---> Likely D
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #953 on: October 30, 2018, 03:07:51 PM »

I think that I'm in love with Taylor Swift.
You aren't the first nor the last.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #954 on: October 31, 2018, 10:29:40 PM »

Considering that TN-SEN seems not to be competitive in public polls and just in terms of the fact that it should be extremely tough for a Dem to win there, it seems to nonetheless be getting a pretty big amount of independent expenditures from both sides. Maybe in part that is just a reflection of the fact that all these groups have more money than can be spent in states like North Dakota, but they also seem to think that it is closer than most of the people here seem to think (including me).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #955 on: November 01, 2018, 02:28:20 AM »

Considering that TN-SEN seems not to be competitive in public polls and just in terms of the fact that it should be extremely tough for a Dem to win there, it seems to nonetheless be getting a pretty big amount of independent expenditures from both sides. Maybe in part that is just a reflection of the fact that all these groups have more money than can be spent in states like North Dakota, but they also seem to think that it is closer than most of the people here seem to think (including me).

No, it's because both parties see a tight race on the ground. That's why they are pouring a lot of $$$ into the race. It's a delicate situation and Blackburn can't shake off the Phil. Not to mention that Taylor Swift will win this thing for Bredesen. Look what she did there ? I always knew that Blackburn was in trouble. Are you ready for it ?
SCNCmod

« Reply #956 on: November 01, 2018, 08:17:08 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2018, 08:23:43 PM by SCNCmod »

Taylor Swift need to send out an "Affect 1 Voter" tweet on Sunday or Monday... telling all of her followers to affect just 1 vote on election day...

Convince 1 friend or family member not planning to vote-to go vote (in any state).  

Considering she has 84 Million followers- she could really affect some races nationwide. Taylor Swift is #5 Most Followed... Behind 1) Katy Perry, 2) Justin Bieber, 3) Obama, 4) Rihanna.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #957 on: November 02, 2018, 12:59:16 AM »

Swift's family are likely country club Republicans who are disgusted by the Trump takeover of the GOP. I know quite a few people like this (some of whom even voted for Trump) who are voting Dem this year.
SCNCmod

« Reply #958 on: November 02, 2018, 06:19:04 AM »

IF (and its a big IF) the race in TN is indeed much closer than the latest polls have indicated... where do you think the polling models are off?
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #959 on: November 02, 2018, 11:42:51 AM »

Blackburn will win by closer to +20 than closer to +lowsingledigits
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #960 on: November 02, 2018, 03:13:15 PM »

You guys seriously underestimate how many self-described "Reasonable™" RINO Tom-type Republicans/"moderates"/"Independents" there are in Tennessee who would vote for their good ol' "moderate" former governor rather than the "shrill extremist" any time. This race is still very much competitive.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #961 on: November 02, 2018, 04:34:44 PM »

You guys seriously underestimate how many self-described "Reasonable™" RINO Tom-type Republicans/"moderates"/"Independents" there are in Tennessee who would vote for their good ol' "moderate" former governor rather than the "shrill extremist" any time. This race is still very much competitive.

Most recent polls have shown Blackburn over 50%. I find it hard to believe that she will fall from that at this point.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #962 on: November 02, 2018, 06:20:23 PM »

Most recent polls have shown Blackburn over 50%. I find it hard to believe that she will fall from that at this point.

A new one also has her at 44%.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #963 on: November 02, 2018, 08:33:28 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2018, 08:38:56 PM by IceSpear »

Are we really? It's not like anyone expects Blackburn to win by 20+ points. She's already destined to way underperform Trump and the vast majority of Tennessee Republicans, so that's baked into the analysis already.

Hopefully you get over your PTSD of deep red states electing Democrats once Heitkamp and Bredesen (and maybe even a couple others) lose. Tongue
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #964 on: November 02, 2018, 08:34:21 PM »

Multiple high quality polls > a single random uni poll
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #965 on: November 03, 2018, 06:10:30 AM »

And another dropped overnight with them tied at 48%.

The EV makes things interesting too.

Look, if Blackburn wins, I won't be surprised. It's an R state that overcame even Bredesen's good favorability and good will. However, if Bredesen wins, I also won't be surprised, since Blackburn is not well-liked and Bredesen has built up that good will as a moderate.
musicblind
United States

« Reply #966 on: November 03, 2018, 08:13:08 AM »

Now it's two polls in a row that have them tied. One at 44% and one at 48%.

That doesn't mean those polls are more or less accurate than less recent polls, but it does make things more interesting to watch on election night.

A Bredesen win would be a shocker (I know I'd be floored) but I don't think it's impossible.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #967 on: November 03, 2018, 08:25:31 AM »

Polling has been very unreliable and contradictory this year, no one should be "shocked" if Bredesen wins this race (or if Espy wins in MS, for that matter), especially if the Democratic tidal wave everyone is predicting is real.
JG

« Reply #968 on: November 03, 2018, 08:41:51 AM »

Polling has been very unreliable and contradictory this year, no one should be "shocked" if Bredesen wins this race (or if Espy wins in MS, for that matter), especially if the Democratic tidal wave everyone is predicting is real.

If Blackburn leads by mid-single digits (which is what the polling average shows), isn't it absolutely par of the course to have some polls showing her tied with Bredesen considering the margin of error and others showing her leading by high single digits? How is it contradictory?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #969 on: November 03, 2018, 11:55:09 AM »

If Blackburn leads by mid-single digits (which is what the polling average shows), isn't it absolutely par of the course to have some polls showing her tied with Bredesen considering the margin of error and others showing her leading by high single digits? How is it contradictory?

Exactly. Bar a massive polling error, Blackburn is set to win, and only a major Democratic wave, I think, could push Bredesen into office. And that is not happening, not to the extent that many on here think.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #970 on: November 03, 2018, 12:19:24 PM »

I have a really hard time seeing Bredesen winning. But... it is notable that outside groups/Superpacs continue to spend millions in TN, whereas they are not spending in TX.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #971 on: November 03, 2018, 12:36:33 PM »

I have a really hard time seeing Bredesen winning. But... it is notable that outside groups/Superpacs continue to spend millions in TN, whereas they are not spending in TX.

Well, I also don't think they want to spend in TX because A) they don't want Beto to be seen as having the national cavalry come in for him (it's not a good look for him in terms of being "independent") and B) he has more than enough $$$ to fight for himself
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #972 on: November 03, 2018, 09:15:58 PM »

Yikes
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #973 on: November 03, 2018, 09:17:15 PM »

Yikes
I think we dissected that poll a while back, haha.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #974 on: November 03, 2018, 09:24:47 PM »

Yikes

I want to throw reason out of the window and go reverse NYC Millenial Whatever so bad
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies