TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 04:40:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 43
Poll
Question: Who Would You Vote For In a Matchup
Phil Bredesen (D)
Marsha Blackburn (R)
The Libertarian
Other
Undecided
Abstain
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi  (Read 93440 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: October 08, 2018, 06:39:51 PM »

Interesting question about the Swift endorsement-  She said she is voting for Bredesen and Cooper, but why did she leave off Dean?  Is she supporting Lee, but that wouldn't fit with the overall tone?

I’d say “foregone conclusion” but so is Cooper so...

Interesting catch!
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #826 on: October 08, 2018, 07:42:05 PM »

It looks like the race is becoming more nationalized, which is helping Blackburn. I think she might even win by double digits at this point.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #827 on: October 08, 2018, 07:42:57 PM »

It looks like the race is becoming more nationalized, which is helping Blackburn. I think she might even win by double digits at this point.

How does that even translate?
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #828 on: October 08, 2018, 07:48:57 PM »

Interesting question about the Swift endorsement-  She said she is voting for Bredesen and Cooper, but why did she leave off Dean?  Is she supporting Lee, but that wouldn't fit with the overall tone?

Is it hard to imagine she's engaged with Washington but doesn't care as much about state politics?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #829 on: October 08, 2018, 07:50:38 PM »

Voter registration nationwide and in Tennessee spiked after T Swift's Instagram post:

https://abc7.com/entertainment/voting-registrations-spike-after-taylor-swifts-political-post/4442341/
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #830 on: October 08, 2018, 07:55:31 PM »

The Taylor Swift bump is real and will have more of an impact than Kavanaugh. White women will vote Democratic in droves.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #831 on: October 08, 2018, 08:01:42 PM »

The Taylor Swift bump is real and will have more of an impact than Kavanaugh. White women will vote Democratic in droves.

This is a joke I hope
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #832 on: October 08, 2018, 08:04:40 PM »

This is a joke I hope

I actually agree with him. Swift's fan base is predominately young and female, ripe for the Democratic base. Idk if this will push Bredesen to victory in Tennessee, but she definitely did the Democrats a massive favor all across the nation.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #833 on: October 08, 2018, 09:12:51 PM »

This is a joke I hope

I actually agree with him. Swift's fan base is predominately young and female, ripe for the Democratic base. Idk if this will push Bredesen to victory in Tennessee, but she definitely did the Democrats a massive favor all across the nation.

Doubt it.

LeBron James endorsement of Hillary didn't help the Democrats in Ohio, so why would Swift's endorsement help in TN?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #834 on: October 08, 2018, 09:15:15 PM »

This is a joke I hope

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Speaker Nancy Pelosi will only have Taylor Swift to thank.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #835 on: October 08, 2018, 09:43:30 PM »

I've thought she would win by double digits for a year.

And I really hope the "Taylor Swift bump" posts are parody.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #836 on: October 08, 2018, 10:36:09 PM »

A Tim McGraw endorsement on the other hand...now that would've gone places
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #837 on: October 08, 2018, 10:43:19 PM »

This is a joke I hope

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Speaker Nancy Pelosi will only have Taylor Swift to thank.

I'm dead serious, my man.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #838 on: October 08, 2018, 10:45:32 PM »

This is a joke I hope

Doubt it.

LeBron James endorsement of Hillary didn't help the Democrats in Ohio, so why would Swift's endorsement help in TN?

The difference is that Taylor's fan base is way bigger than LeBron's. It's full of young people who are willing to listen and follow her advice. The spike in voter registration solidly proves my point, I believe.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #839 on: October 08, 2018, 10:48:33 PM »

This is a joke I hope

Well she hasn’t helped much given that Bredesen is down by 14 points in the NYTimes poll. Only 120 responses so far, but still not looking good.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #840 on: October 08, 2018, 10:51:08 PM »

This is a joke I hope

Doubt it.

The difference is that Taylor's fan base is way bigger than LeBron's. It's full of young people who are willing to listen and follow her advice. The spike in voter registration solidly proves my point, I believe.

The spike in Voter registration had to do with today being the deadline.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #841 on: October 08, 2018, 10:51:18 PM »

To put the spike into context: in September, Tennessee registered 2,811 voters, that number increased to 3,582 in the month of October (so far). In the past 36 hours, Tennessee registered 2,144 voters. Obviously not enough to sway the senate election either way, but Swift has a lot of influence and power. Imagine what she could do if she started a voter turnout initiative for young people.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #842 on: October 08, 2018, 10:52:05 PM »

This is a joke I hope

Doubt it.

I highly doubt that. Registration spikes don't normally happen on the last day of registration.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #843 on: October 08, 2018, 10:52:40 PM »

This is a joke I hope

Doubt it.

Thank you for taking my s**posts about Taylor Swift seriously, it makes the joke so much funnier.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #844 on: October 08, 2018, 10:53:01 PM »

This is a joke I hope

Well she hasn’t helped much given that Bredesen is down by 14 points in the NYTimes poll. Only 120 responses so far, but still not looking good.

I literally said: "IDK if this will push Bredesen to victory in Tennessee". Read.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #845 on: October 08, 2018, 10:53:35 PM »

This is a joke I hope

Doubt it.

Thank you for taking my s**posts about Taylor Swift seriously, it makes the joke so much funnier.

Well it doesn't really matter because I'm backing up my point quite well. Atlas doesn't like to be proven wrong.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #846 on: October 08, 2018, 10:58:05 PM »

This is a joke I hope

Doubt it.

I highly doubt that. Registration spikes don't normally happen on the last day of registration.

Based on what?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #847 on: October 08, 2018, 10:58:43 PM »

This is a joke I hope

Doubt it.

Based on what?

Based on the fact that registration spikes don't normally happen on the last day of registration?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #848 on: October 08, 2018, 11:00:59 PM »

This is a joke I hope

I literally said: "IDK if this will push Bredesen to victory in Tennessee". Read.

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #849 on: October 08, 2018, 11:04:14 PM »

This is a joke I hope

Doubt it.

Based on what?

Based on the fact that registration spikes don't normally happen on the last day of registration?

It happened in VA in 2016, It happened a couple months ago in OK.....
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies