Hillary Clinton says she will not run in 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:55:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Hillary Clinton says she will not run in 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton says she will not run in 2020  (Read 4335 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2017, 06:42:20 PM »

Dude, no offense mate but you're not even an American. Stop trying to Ausplain our own politics to us.

First of all, don't call me mate.

Second, by your logic, you have no right to comment on anything but US politics.

Stop being so touchy, MATE

LOL

I mean it. Don't call me that. Brings up some really bad memories for me.
How unfortunate that is.
Please don't test me on this. I'm already stressed enough as it is.

This board is not a place to spaz out over your emotional problems. Get over it.
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2017, 08:03:32 PM »

Yes, between her primary and general election campaigns, she got over 100 million votes for president. Before her, the most accomplished woman candidate, Shirley Chisholm, got about 400,000 votes in the 1972 primaries. That's an over x200-fold increase over the next woman.

Hillary was clearly a breakthrough candidate, in some ways even more than the (eventual) first woman president will be.

I actually felt Sarah Palin was more of a feminist icon. I could actually see Warren as one as much as I disagree with her.

Clinton will be known as the failure. The wanna be icon.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2017, 08:09:06 PM »

I wonder what the scope of this statement is on a scale from 0-4:

0: Hillary Clinton will not participate in politics anymore at all.
1: Hillary Clinton will not participate in any more political office oriented jobs anymore (but still publicize her views on what the best primary candidates in some elections).
2: Hillary Clinton will not run for political office ever again (leaving open the possibility that if nominated for something like a cabinet position again, she would not reject the offert).
3: Hillary Clinton will not run for president anymore (leaving open the possibility of still running for office down ballot).
4: This is fake news.

My guess is 1.

I'm thinking 1. 2 doesn't make sense: there's no appointed office higher than Sec State, so if she jumped into an appointed office, it'd only be a demotion. She's also too old for the Supreme Court, the one honor that would be superior to Sec State.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2017, 08:10:55 PM »

Yes, between her primary and general election campaigns, she got over 100 million votes for president. Before her, the most accomplished woman candidate, Shirley Chisholm, got about 400,000 votes in the 1972 primaries. That's an over x200-fold increase over the next woman.

Hillary was clearly a breakthrough candidate, in some ways even more than the (eventual) first woman president will be.

I actually felt Sarah Palin was more of a feminist icon. I could actually see Warren as one as much as I disagree with her.

Sarah Palin will always be remembered as a joke. She was a main factor in McCain's lopsided loss. (Probably the second biggest factor besides the recession). She made a complete fool of herself multiple times on national television because she didn't possess the slightest bit of knowledge on foreign policy.

Idk what your fetish is with attacking Hillary on every thread, but its kind of pathetic and strange dude.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2017, 08:15:38 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2017, 08:17:51 PM by PittsburghSteel »

You're joking, right? Sarah Palin will always be remembered as one of the biggest mistakes made in an election campaign. She was an idiot, she was clueless, she couldn't perform well in simple interviews and the things she said were just plain effing stupid. Clinton got miles closer to the White House than Sarah ever will. And Hillary's name will be etched into history as the first woman to be nominated by a major party for President of the United States and lost in an election where America made the biggest mistake in history. Sarah will be remembered for costing the republicans an election where they lost Indiana and almost Missouri, was taken down by a comedian (Tina Fey), almost destroyed the Republican Party, and opened the floodgates for crazy right-wing nut jobs for the first time since Ronald Reagan. Don't you EVER compare Sarah Palin to Hillary Clinton ever again.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2017, 08:18:03 PM »

I actually felt Sarah Palin was more of a feminist icon
. I could actually see Warren as one as much as I disagree with her.

Ok, just no. My god people actually believe this...
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2017, 08:19:53 PM »

I don't think she get much support if she ran again. Donors are putting their money elsewhere.Hillary is finished. The democrats lost to a orange clown. There are lot of good female candidates. Harris can come across down to earth. Warren has populist credentials.We will have a female president one of these days.

The first female President will be a Republican.
LOL
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2017, 08:25:13 PM »

I don't think she get much support if she ran again. Donors are putting their money elsewhere.Hillary is finished. The democrats lost to a orange clown. There are lot of good female candidates. Harris can come across down to earth. Warren has populist credentials.We will have a female president one of these days.

The first female President will be a Republican.

The only female republican that actually has a chance to become president is Nikki Haley. She's the only one currently in office who cant be compared to Palin. Kelly Ayotte lost reelection, Susana Martinez is exiting office soon, Mary Fallin is so horrendous she might actually hand the Oklahoma governor's keys to a democrat, and Carly Fiorina is in her own little world right now.   
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2017, 07:01:48 AM »

I believe she'll try again in 2020.  It'll be different for her; she won't have the decks cleared for her.  Oddly enough, that would cause her to be viewed more sympathetically; that, and that fact that she did win the popular vote decisively, if not overwhelmingly.

Hillary Clinton's distastefulness, in the minds of many folks (male and female) stems from her relationship with her husband.  She has always been jealous of him, always believed she was smarter than him, and more capable than him, always resentful that HE was the one out front.  This jealousy has been compounded by Bill's shameless philandering, which has got to be humiliating for Hillary, but she has stayed with him for her own career.  That is why she doesn't get props for staying married; she's perceived as doing it for self-seeking reasons, and not for the sake of her family, love for her husband, etc.  She has always wanted to be the star of her own show, and that show could be nothing less than the show Bill starred in, and she's endured great humiliation in pursuit of that goal.  Without Bill, Hillary would have, in elective politics, been lucky to have been elected to a seat in the House of Representatives, not an easy thing to do for someone to accomplish without celebrity.

Hillary's angst comes from the fact that she ISN'T better than Bill.  She's not as likeable, her political instincts aren't as good, and she doesn't have the people instincts that Bill has.  Bill was/is a scumbag on a personal level, but he knows how to make friends and he knows what will play and not play in politics.  Bill, to his credit, was a liberal (not a moderate) who knew when to restrain his liberal impulses to keep his career going and wait out resistance to his goals.  Hillary has never had the way with people Bill had; she comes off as preachy and lecturing and wonders why she's not received well. 

Twice, Hillary Clinton has had decks cleared for her in a Presidential race.  In 2008, when there was a chance for a "first" and when Bill Clinton remained popular; she couldn't beat a first-term US Senator.  In 2016, she had the decks cleared for her in historic fashion, and still lost to DONALD TRUMP, losing states Democrats have carried since 1992 (one of them since 1988).  Her defeats at the polls, both of them, can clearly be taken as a PERSONAL rejection of HER, coupled with the faulty strategies of dweebs like Robby Mook, John Podesta, and Jen Palmieri.  She preached to America what an impolite, nasty boy that Donnie Trumpkins was.  America wanted to hear what she would do, not a message of "Girl Power" (the "Fight Song" commercial), or "Madam President".  She spoke about the condition of "women and girls" in America as if the condition of "men and boys" was just peachy.  It's not to bright to publicly ignore half the population, is it?

Was it sexism that brought her down?  No, of course not; it was the "All About Her" aspect of the campaign that folks gagged on.  Just enough folks to cause three blue states to flip.  Since it's still "All About Her", I expect her to at least attempt to run in 2020.  If she does, she'll lose the popular vote, because I doubt America would ever elect someone so obviously miserable.
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2017, 05:59:08 PM »

Was it sexism that brought her down?  No, of course not; it was the "All About Her" aspect of the campaign that folks gagged on.  Just enough folks to cause three blue states to flip.  Since it's still "All About Her", I expect her to at least attempt to run in 2020.  If she does, she'll lose the popular vote, because I doubt America would ever elect someone so obviously miserable.

The talking points of "sexism" and "misogyny" that allegedly prevented her from winning are ridiculous.  She received about 3 million more than Trump.  Jill Stein also saw her vote total nearly triple from roughly half a million to roughly 1.5 million.  I fail to see how "sexism" and "misogyny" caused her defeat and would really like to have it explained to me.  Preferably in non-SJW terminology, e.g. no, it wasn't because the male privilege used their vast right wing patriarchy power.  It seems like the left is so upset regarding the loss they are throwing every label out there and hoping one sticks so it can be used as a rallying theme in 2020
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2017, 07:25:09 PM »

The talking points of "sexism" and "misogyny" that allegedly prevented her from winning are ridiculous.  She received about 3 million more than Trump.  Jill Stein also saw her vote total nearly triple from roughly half a million to roughly 1.5 million.  I fail to see how "sexism" and "misogyny" caused her defeat and would really like to have it explained to me.  Preferably in non-SJW terminology, e.g. no, it wasn't because the male privilege used their vast right wing patriarchy power.  It seems like the left is so upset regarding the loss they are throwing every label out there and hoping one sticks so it can be used as a rallying theme in 2020

But if it was actually explained to you, would you be willing to approach it with an open mind, and be willing to agree that yes, it was sexism that brought her down? Or have you already made up your mind that it isn't?

The election was a "personal" rejection of "her." If votes like mine, which were PERSONAL affirmations of HER, counted equally, she would be president, as TXMichael says. I keep pointing this out, yet it keeps getting ignored as a point. That's why I don't say that America is misogynistic, but Middle America is misogynistic.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2017, 07:48:45 PM »

She is the first woman major party nominee. That already puts her up in the pantheon along with Susan B. Anthony, Gloria Steinem, etc.

She tries too hard.

She wanted to be the first woman nominee so SHE could be the first female nominee.

When you become an icon, you can't try. You just are. Hillary will never be a feminist icon like Susan B. Anthony. She only got to where she was due to her husband. Every step she has made was about her. For example, she ran in the New York Senate race because it was a slam dunk guarantee win for her. She stole the seat from a woman who did work her way up there (Nita Lowey).

She wanted to go down in history as the first female President. If she would've died the second after taking the oath she would have been OK as long as she won. That to me is not what an icon should be all about.

She only became as successful as she was because of Bill, really? She was always as intelligent and ambitious as Bill, if not more (she and Bill were supposedly told that she should've been the one who ran for president in the 90s/00s), and she did a lot of work as First Lady of Arkansas and FLOTUS. In fact, she was forced to tamper some of intellectual and progressive edges she had because many defied the First Lady role back in the 80s and 90s  (ex. changing her last name to Clinton, changing her look to more traditional, feminine look, not being as brashly vocal about issues she cared for). She didn't pursue a political career early on because she didn't think she was cut out for it, not because she wasn't smart or determined enough for it, or that she wasn't a crucial part in helping Bill succeed. Just because Bill made it on the big scene before she did, doesn't mean she wasn't just as deserving or wasn't just as competent.
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2017, 08:59:35 PM »

But if it was actually explained to you, would you be willing to approach it with an open mind, and be willing to agree that yes, it was sexism that brought her down? Or have you already made up your mind that it isn't?

I have changed my mind on issues, heck I went from doing GOTV volunteer work for Obama in '08 to being ready to vote for Rand Paul.  Then Trump happened and I withheld my vote from major parties.  Based on what I see in the results there was no sexism that caused her loss.  Her lack of likeability, e-mail scandal, deploreable/irredeemable comments, lack of inspiration, lack of a campaign presence in Wisconsin/not solidifying the blue wall earlier, all in conjunction with the rise of the SJW cohort that is strongly associated with the left are some of the major players in her defeat. 

The fact that she beat Trump by roughly 3 million votes is pretty good evidence that sexism/misogyny was not a player.  A switch of ~200k votes in a few states would have led to Hillary's election.  Just like most things I know what I believe, but I also thought I made up my mind on other issues before just to watch myself change.  This stance is primarily based off the results of the popular vote, including the increase of votes for Jill Stein.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If middle America is misogynist how does that account for the swing of many suburban counties towards Hillary?  In Texas she did better than Obama in nearly all the suburban counties; despite them staying red (GOP).  Or by middle America do you mean the small town areas?  Or a a region specifically like the rust belt?  A somewhat tighter definition of middle America would be good for the conversation.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2017, 09:25:45 PM »

I believe she'll try again in 2020.  It'll be different for her; she won't have the decks cleared for her.  Oddly enough, that would cause her to be viewed more sympathetically; that, and that fact that she did win the popular vote decisively, if not overwhelmingly.

Hillary Clinton's distastefulness, in the minds of many folks (male and female) stems from her relationship with her husband.  She has always been jealous of him, always believed she was smarter than him, and more capable than him, always resentful that HE was the one out front.  This jealousy has been compounded by Bill's shameless philandering, which has got to be humiliating for Hillary, but she has stayed with him for her own career.  That is why she doesn't get props for staying married; she's perceived as doing it for self-seeking reasons, and not for the sake of her family, love for her husband, etc.  She has always wanted to be the star of her own show, and that show could be nothing less than the show Bill starred in, and she's endured great humiliation in pursuit of that goal.  Without Bill, Hillary would have, in elective politics, been lucky to have been elected to a seat in the House of Representatives, not an easy thing to do for someone to accomplish without celebrity.

Hillary's angst comes from the fact that she ISN'T better than Bill.  She's not as likeable, her political instincts aren't as good, and she doesn't have the people instincts that Bill has.  Bill was/is a scumbag on a personal level, but he knows how to make friends and he knows what will play and not play in politics.  Bill, to his credit, was a liberal (not a moderate) who knew when to restrain his liberal impulses to keep his career going and wait out resistance to his goals.  Hillary has never had the way with people Bill had; she comes off as preachy and lecturing and wonders why she's not received well. 

Twice, Hillary Clinton has had decks cleared for her in a Presidential race.  In 2008, when there was a chance for a "first" and when Bill Clinton remained popular; she couldn't beat a first-term US Senator.  In 2016, she had the decks cleared for her in historic fashion, and still lost to DONALD TRUMP, losing states Democrats have carried since 1992 (one of them since 1988).  Her defeats at the polls, both of them, can clearly be taken as a PERSONAL rejection of HER, coupled with the faulty strategies of dweebs like Robby Mook, John Podesta, and Jen Palmieri.  She preached to America what an impolite, nasty boy that Donnie Trumpkins was.  America wanted to hear what she would do, not a message of "Girl Power" (the "Fight Song" commercial), or "Madam President".  She spoke about the condition of "women and girls" in America as if the condition of "men and boys" was just peachy.  It's not to bright to publicly ignore half the population, is it?

I don't like all of Clinton's policies & somewhere were disastrous in the 90s but an objective assessment will say that Bill Clinton was a very smart man who was a natural politician while Hillary never was. Obama or Bill Clinton or Bernie or any other reasonably successful politicians were very comfortable talking to the media & to people in general. Bill Clinton would go on & on, meeting people & talking to random people in events while Hillary hated it & stayed away from it.

She always thought that people are dumb & she was too smart when in reality she was who wasn't the brightest. In many cases, people vote on likeability & compassion. Dukasis was 100% right on the Capital Punishment thing but his answer seemed robotic & without compassion. Bill Clinton is also a phenomenal orator & someone who can connect with people at a personal level. And he has more honesty about him than Hillary. Hillary just lies & lies & lies about everything. Bill went on during the campaign stage for the GE & said ACA was a crazy system & so on.

Whatever he may have done with women, you don't feel Bill Clinton is evil but with Hillary you can feel she has a rotten heart. She is also more hawkish & more responsible for the deaths of millions of people. Bill Clinton didn't have a major war, tried to have a deal with North Korea, tried to broker peace between Israel-Palestine & so on. Hillary is much more hawkish than Obama & Clinton. She also perceived hawkishness as strength.

Also, Hillary would have to go through everything the hard way without Bill. Run for City Council, then Mayor, then Congress, maybe for Governor & then Senate. Instead she got a safe blue NY Senate Seat handed out to her. That is crazy. She has never faced a competitive election in her life. In 2008, when she did, she lot. And in 2016, when she was anointed the candidate with the entire Dem establishment, a 74 year old independent "Socialist" Jewish ("who may even be atheist") candidate beat her in 22 states & got 46% of the pledges delegates. And she only won because she had the entire Dem establishment, the DNC working for her & the black vote being marshaled against Sanders. I don't think Hillary would run again, but is sad that she doesn't realize how everything she has achieved is largely due to his husband while Bill has to fight & win in Arkansas & for the Presidency. Hillary never had to fight a competitive election in her life.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2017, 05:13:33 AM »

Of course Hillary Clinton is a strong feminist! Remember her brave appearance at the Women's March:

We don't deserve Her Sad
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2017, 07:00:59 AM »

I don't think even Hillary is that delusional to think she could pull it off.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies