Dems: Hoeffel Vs. Rendell
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:27:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Dems: Hoeffel Vs. Rendell
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
Rendell/Rendell

Rendell/Hoeffel

Hoeffel/Hoeffel

Hoeffel/Rendell

Other (please specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Dems: Hoeffel Vs. Rendell  (Read 3294 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 21, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »

2006 Primary possibility. Who would you vote for? Who would win?

For me its Hoeffel/Hoeffel, although the primary may be REALLY close
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 11:36:45 PM »

I'd enthusiastically support of Hoeffel over Rendell, but I highly doubt he'd win.  It's sad when I'm considering supporting a washed up old football player Republican with no political experience over my Democratic incumbent governor.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 11:50:53 PM »

Rendell would easily beat Hoeffel. Hoeffel would really have nothing to run on against Rendell and voters have zero reason not to go with Rendell. I'd say 65-35 in the primary, with a weakened Rendell actually almost losing to Swann in the General.
danwxman

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 11:55:52 PM »

Rendell of course.

I'm not exactly thrilled with some of his DINOish moves, but I don't see Hoeffel being an effective Governor at all.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 01:15:25 AM »

Hoeffel/Rendell.  Joe Hoeffel has little charisma compared to Rendell.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 01:28:32 AM »

Hoeffel/Rendell.  Joe Hoeffel has little charisma compared to Rendell.

You like Hoeffel more than Rendell? Wow.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 07:19:32 AM »

why are you dems so down on rendell all of a sudden?
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 10:12:04 AM »

Why not just wait till Specter retires before running Hoeffel?  Why do you want to run him against a Dem incumbent and mess up a good thing?
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 10:36:35 AM »

I've never liked Rendell.  He hardly does anything worthwhile and changes positions based on opinion polls
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 10:56:11 AM »

Why not just wait till Specter retires before running Hoeffel?  Why do you want to run him against a Dem incumbent and mess up a good thing?
I hate to break it to you, but Rendell is NOT a good thing. Rendell is extremely vulnerable to lose his spot. plus he can be an idiot at times. overall, i personally would give Rendell a 5/10. i would give Hoeffel an 8/10.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 11:48:51 AM »

Rendell.  I don't believe in voting an incumbent out in the primary unless he's really dead electorally (IE Carter v. Kennedy 1980).  Rendell is vulnerable in an election now but not dead meat.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 06:52:47 PM »

Rendell.  I don't believe in voting an incumbent out in the primary unless he's really dead electorally (IE Carter v. Kennedy 1980).  Rendell is vulnerable in an election now but not dead meat.

I agree, but Rendell is just an idiot.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »

I love seeing a SE PA Dem say that. Good for you, nini. You will be the type of person who helps change this state and get the sports commentator out of office.
danwxman

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 12:02:57 AM »
« Edited: August 23, 2005, 12:08:16 AM by danwxman »

He voted for a huge payraise for the legislature, while backing off raising the minimum wage.

Many Dems also think he is a little too close to corporate interests, especially Comcast. But I see that as a good thing for the state.
danwxman

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 12:04:21 AM »
« Edited: August 23, 2005, 12:07:46 AM by danwxman »

I've never liked Rendell.  He hardly does anything worthwhile and changes positions based on opinion polls

I think his economic initiatives have been great and we needed needed slot machines legalized.

Eight years of Ridge and what did we get? The worst economy Pennsylvania has ever seen and stagnant population growth. The economy has begun to grow and jobs are increasing under Rendell.

What did he change his opinion on? The only thing I can think of is the minimum wage, but last poll I saw said the majority of the state supported raising it.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 08:29:03 PM »

I think his economic initiatives have been great and we needed needed slot machines legalized.

Eight years of Ridge and what did we get? The worst economy Pennsylvania has ever seen and stagnant population growth. The economy has begun to grow and jobs are increasing under Rendell.

What did he change his opinion on? The only thing I can think of is the minimum wage, but last poll I saw said the majority of the state supported raising it.

Yeah, I agree with the slot machine legislation, but before the pay raise was passed Rendell was supporting it and after the public backlash was revealed, he seems to backing away from that support.  I agree with Phil on the reasons about him being a football commentaor first and governor second.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 09:39:25 PM »

I love seeing a SE PA Dem say that. Good for you, nini. You will be the type of person who helps change this state and get the sports commentator out of office.
To replace him with Yogi Scranton, Piccola (who nobody gives a shit about), or Swann (another sports commentator?

If Swann were governor, and he were on Monday Night Football, you'd praise him for raising awareness of obsesity or some horse shit like that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005, 09:40:59 PM »

To replace him with Yogi Scranton, Piccola (who nobody gives a shit about), or Swann (another sports commentator?

If Swann were governor, and he were on Monday Night Football, you'd praise him for raising awareness of obsesity or some horse shit like that.

I probably wouldn't support Scranton or Piccola. Swann is fine as long as he lays out a vision. Eddie's vision is Sunday afternoons behind the desk on Post Game Live.

If Swann decided to do every MNF game, I'd be on his case, too!
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2005, 09:41:58 PM »

I probably wouldn't support Scranton or Piccola. Swann is fine as long as he lays out a vision. Eddie's vision is Sunday afternoons behind the desk on Post Game Live.

If Swann decided to do every MNF game, I'd be on his case, too!
He probably would, but he'll never be governor, so it's hypothetical on both counts.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2005, 09:43:14 PM »

He probably would, but he'll never be governor, so it's hypothetical on both counts.

Never be Governor? Don't be too sure of yourself. Swann has a big lead in the GOP primary polls and is not far behind Rendell.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2005, 09:45:58 PM »

Never be Governor? Don't be too sure of yourself. Swann has a big lead in the GOP primary polls and is not far behind Rendell.
And I hear Ed Rendell is ahead in his primary, too.

Not far behind is still behind, but I think Pennsylvanians will choose a candidate with experience rather than one who runs on the fact he played football for the Steelers and "wants to be governor".
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2005, 09:48:27 PM »

Not far behind is still behind, but I think Pennsylvanians will choose a candidate with experience rather than one who runs on the fact he played football for the Steelers and "wants to be governor".

Won't respond to your top comment because, as usual, it adds nothing to the conversation.

He's still behind...with a year to go. Simple fact is that many people dislike Rendell and the polls continue to show that.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2005, 09:53:18 PM »

Won't respond to your top comment because, as usual, it adds nothing to the conversation.

He's still behind...with a year to go. Simple fact is that many people dislike Rendell and the polls continue to show that.
And I can think of a certain poll a year before a certain election that showed a certain candidate behind a certain future congresswoman, Phil. Roll Eyes

And once again, let's assess Swann's primary opponents:

Piccola- The Republicans' Whipping boy.
Scranton- A crazy politician from the '80's who believes in yogic flying.
That crazy Constitution Party guy- Need I say more.

And when you say not far behind, I recall a poll where Rendell was ahead by 8%. 8% is pretty far behind in my books.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2005, 09:56:16 PM »

And I can think of a certain poll a year before a certain election that showed a certain candidate behind a certain future congresswoman, Phil. Roll Eyes

Totally different race, Casey. When you learn something about PA politics, come back and post. (Example: Stuff like "Chuck Pennacchio will be our next U.S. Senator" demonstrates a lacking of knowledge)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's where Swann starts off. Rendell beat Fisher in '02 by eight points. It's going to be closer than '02 if Swann is the nominee. Point is: Rendell does not have this locked up. Wake up from your Democratic fantasy land.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2005, 10:04:36 PM »

And when you say not far behind, I recall a poll where Rendell was ahead by 8%. 8% is pretty far behind in my books.

That's where Swann starts off. Rendell beat Fisher in '02 by eight points. It's going to be closer than '02 if Swann is the nominee. Point is: Rendell does not have this locked up. Wake up from your Democratic fantasy land.
Yes, just like how Fisher was going to deliver Western PA for you Republicans against a popular Mayor from the largest city in the state. Right.....

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes, and keep cheering for Bruce Castor and Melissa Brown to come back and destory Schwartz..... Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies