ND-SEN: Trump endorses Heidi Heitkamp?!?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:04:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ND-SEN: Trump endorses Heidi Heitkamp?!?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ND-SEN: Trump endorses Heidi Heitkamp?!?  (Read 3795 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2017, 11:00:17 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/07/trumps-dealmaking-weakens-gop-242469
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 11:05:43 PM »

He just says he likes and respects her, but if she votes against one of his big-ticket items (tax reform is a big one, but she's almost certain to support it), or if he likes the GOP challenger more, then no. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise, Heitkamp was already a lock to win reelection. Saves time, money, and resources for other places.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 11:08:19 PM »

He just says he likes and respects her, but if she votes against one of his big-ticket items (tax reform is a big one, but she's almost certain to support it), or if he likes the GOP challenger more, then no. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise, Heitkamp was already a lock to win reelection. Saves time, money, and resources for other places.

Your complete copy of every position MT Treasurer adopts (Angry Women, Heitkamp is safe, endorse NH dems to force the NH GOP to disband, etc.) is ..... Well, I was going to make a reality TV reference, but you probably wouldn't get it.
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 11:20:36 PM »

The 2018 cycle has the potential to be very interesting with Trump at the top.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 11:23:31 PM »

Moved to likely D.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 11:27:59 PM »

Your complete copy of every position MT Treasurer adopts (Angry Women, Heitkamp is safe, endorse NH dems to force the NH GOP to disband, etc.) is ..... Well, I was going to make a reality TV reference, but you probably wouldn't get it.
I don't copy his positions, I just happen to independently come to the same conclusions sometimes. Long before this, I knew she would win. She's just too popular, always knows exactly what she needs to do to keep voters happy, and remember, this state kept reelection Byron Dorgan and Kent Conrad in landslides. Retail politics matters, and Heitkamp is a master of it.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/22/heidi-heitkamp-north-dakota-239805
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 12:27:23 AM »

Heisenberg and TNVolunteer are two different people. Believe me I know!
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 02:05:31 AM »

I get that they're probably different people, I just find it amusing that Heisenberg enjoys being MT's puppet.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 08:55:57 AM »

I get that they're probably different people, I just find it amusing that Heisenberg enjoys being MT's puppet.
I'm beginning to think Heisenberg and MT Treasurer are the same person; they both support NH Ds and Heitkamp for strategic reasons, but support Republicans everywhere else.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 09:02:31 AM »

This is why we needed to nominate a true conservative.  Trump is too much of a wildcard.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 09:45:35 AM »

It's his sock account...
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 09:51:31 AM »

I'm beginning to think Heisenberg and MT Treasurer are the same person; they both support NH Ds and Heitkamp for strategic reasons, but support Republicans everywhere else.

Let's not dignify "them" by calling it a "strategy."  They just have a petty dislike of the state and don't want their party winning elections there, which is pathetic.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2017, 10:11:12 AM »

It's his sock account...

Plenty of posters have similar views on a lot of things but do not get accused of being the same person. These two are just stylistically similar as well as being ideologically similar, which combined with them being right-wingers leads to the sock accusations.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2017, 11:00:45 AM »

Wow, looks like Trump is dedicating this week to making inroads with the democrats. he seems to like them more than the GOP politicians.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2017, 11:10:47 AM »

Wow, looks like Trump is dedicating this week to making inroads with the democrats. he seems to like them more than the GOP politicians.
Not hard because they're better human beings.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 11:29:42 AM »

Well I think Heitkamp is pretty damn favored so am I a sock of MT?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2017, 11:31:28 AM »

I love how he's just blatantly sabotaging the congressional GOP now. Likely D
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2017, 11:34:31 AM »

Well I think Heitkamp is pretty damn favored so am I a sock of MT?

I dunno. Do you think NH is titanium D and have CSP photos in your signature?/s

Yes /s
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 09:13:23 PM »

Great news, moved from Likely R to Lean R.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 11:51:58 AM »

It's his sock account...

Plenty of posters have similar views on a lot of things but do not get accused of being the same person. These two are just stylistically similar as well as being ideologically similar, which combined with them being right-wingers leads to the sock accusations.
Are you implying that it's hard to be a right-winger on Atlas? You're so full of sh**t.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2017, 12:16:35 PM »

Trump really is an internet troll. Looks like he's recently become bored with trolling the "libruhls", so now he's trolling Congressional Republicans.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2017, 01:40:14 PM »

Ah, so a lot of Atlas "dems" have a lot in common with Trump after all. Smiley
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2017, 04:27:45 AM »

Trump really is an internet troll. Looks like he's recently become bored with trolling the "libruhls", so now he's trolling Congressional Republicans.

I seriously think Trump has more fun mocking and screwing with Reps than Dems. He has never looked like he's having fun as much as he did during the primary.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2017, 06:29:38 AM »

The failure of Obamacare repeal was the big break. He realised the Dems will just obstruct his agenda if he bullies them while if he targets Congressional Republicans they won't fight back.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2017, 07:00:23 AM »

The failure of Obamacare repeal was the big break. He realised the Dems will just obstruct his agenda if he bullies them while if he targets Congressional Republicans they won't fight back.

That's. . . a really good observation. Huh.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies