2020 Primaries
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:48:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020 Primaries
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Primaries  (Read 550 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 06, 2017, 07:48:16 PM »

Democratic:
Deval Patrick
Sherrod Brown
Elizabeth Warren
Ben Jealous
Bernie Sanders
Tulsi Gabbard
Kamala Harris
Eric Garcetti
Richard Trumka
Jonathan Jackson
Bill de Blasio
Al Franken
Ron Wyden

Republican:
Justin Amash
Dave Brat
Jan Brewer
Jim Bridenstine
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Carly Fiorina
Louis Gohmert
John Kasich
Mike Lee
Mia Love
Mike Pence
Rick Scott
David Webster

Who wins the nominations? Personally, I think Patrick, Trumka, and Wyden benefit from the divided Sanders/left wing of the party. On the Republican side, I think Love, Kasich, and Amash emerge as the top three.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -6.09

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 09:12:33 PM »

Not the right board, but my suspicion is that Pence would win the GOP nomination because he is the incumbent VP, and Bernie or Warren would win the Dem nomination because of the increasing progressive voter turnout. Either way, Pence would win both times.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 09:27:43 PM »

Not the right board, but my suspicion is that Pence would win the GOP nomination because he is the incumbent VP, and Bernie or Warren would win the Dem nomination because of the increasing progressive voter turnout. Either way, Pence would win both times.
You don't think Brat, Brewer, Cruz, Carson, Gohmert, Fiorina, Scott, Amash, or Webster would hurt his base?

And how would Sanders or Warren win with 5+ credible candidates from the left of the party
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -6.09

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 03:19:18 PM »

You don't think Brat, Brewer, Cruz, Carson, Gohmert, Fiorina, Scott, Amash, or Webster would hurt his base?

And how would Sanders or Warren win with 5+ credible candidates from the left of the party

On the Republican side, yes, Pence will definitely be damaged, but i don't think some like Amash or Carson are strong enough candidates, and others like Cruz would just support Pence. On the democratic side, yes, you listed a lot of great candidates there, but seeing the progressive movement grow that large in 2016, I only see them, and maybe Deval Partick or Kamala Harris become the nominee.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies