HRC - Sanders helped create "Crooked Hillary", got in the race to disrupt Dems
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 06:56:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  HRC - Sanders helped create "Crooked Hillary", got in the race to disrupt Dems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: HRC - Sanders helped create "Crooked Hillary", got in the race to disrupt Dems  (Read 4288 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 05, 2017, 09:10:45 AM »

“Because we agreed on so much, Bernie couldn’t make an argument against me in this area on policy, so he had to resort to innuendo and impugning my character,” she wrote. “When I finally challenged Bernie during a debate to name a single time I changed a position or a vote because of a financial contribution, he couldn’t come up with anything. Nonetheless, his attacks caused lasting damage, making it harder to unify progressives in the general election and paving the way for Trump’s ‘Crooked Hillary’ campaign.”

“But he isn’t a Democrat- that’s not a smear, that’s what he says,” she continued. “He didn’t get into the race to make sure a Democrat won the White House, he got in to disrupt the Democratic Party.”

She is now blaming Bernie for the "Crooked Hillary" tag & is saying he didn't want a Democrat to win. This is what you get for not mentioning her bankruptcy vote (when Obama called her a vote seller in 2008 for that vote, as did Elizabeth Warren on video). This is what people who don't go for the kill get. You don't get brownie points for running a civilized policy based debate (just run a gutter level mud-slinging campaign like in 2008.

Bernie justifies to his supporters Hillary's ridiculous basement dweller & every other stupid Wikileaks statement & runs around the country doing multiple rallies a day & gets attacked in the end for the loss.

Does she think progressives couldn't be united because of Bernie & has nothing to do with many people who has problem with her flip-flopping, warmongering, NAFTA, Patriot ACT supporting cozy relationship with Wall Street?

https://www.mediaite.com/online/hillary-throws-shade-at-bernie-sanders-in-book-fundamentally-wrong-about-the-democratic-party/
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 09:14:55 AM »

He certainly didn't do her any favors.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 09:20:16 AM »

I see they are at it again with the bitching and whining about Hillary.  Move the hell on, she beat him fair and square.
Biden Stans Are Cringelords
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 09:24:16 AM »

Sure. Hillary, who picked "right to work" supporter Tim Kaine for VP was the same as Bernie on policy. Sure.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 09:25:21 AM »

I see they are at it again with the bitching and whining about Hillary.  Move the hell on, she beat him fair and square.

Exactly.  She won against him, and it wasn't even close.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 09:27:44 AM »

Exactly.  She won against him, and it wasn't even close.
Never thought I'd be supporting Hillary but I'll side with her over Comrade Sanders any day. #ImWithHer XD
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 09:29:37 AM »

Clinton writes a book where she "bitches and whines" about people that supposedly contributed to her loss and it's the people reporting on it who need to move on? I understand that criticism of Mother hurts you guys deeply, but come on, let's be rational here.

Well, there were many outside factors that contributed to her loss.  Sure, she contributed to her own loss as well, but it's completely warranted to place blame on other factors because they did happen.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 09:43:37 AM »

FWIW: When you're trying to sell a book you have to give out some hooks for the media, and I'm happy that unlike her last one (which I didn't read) that she's actually saying something.

She's partly right; the Sanders campaign should have ended after March 15 when he didn't have a chance to win the nomination (and yes Hillary didn't end hers early in '08) and it was actually after this point when it started to get more negative.

But the issue always existed; if Bernie wasn't the anti-Hillary, there was also a good chunk of the party that didn't like her, and was deeply suspicious of her record
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 09:44:31 AM »
« Edited: September 05, 2017, 09:47:14 AM by superbudgie1582 »

Sanders hurt Hillary with left. Thats a fact. Even his endorsement of Hillary was unenthusiastic. Had Bernie dropped out after the New York primary or at least toned down his attacks, we might be looking at president Hillary right now. How many Jill Stein or Gary Johnson voters started out as unenthusiastic Clinton voters only to become Bernie or busters? I'd wager a decent amount.  

Edit: And even though Clinton should have dropped out after the Florida and Michigan delegate seating decision in 2008, she endorsed Obama right after the final primaries. She didn't wait a couple of weeks like Sanders did, she enthusiastically endorsed Obama and became one of his strongest surrogates.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 09:51:26 AM »

Clinton writes a book where she "bitches and whines" about people that supposedly contributed to her loss and it's the people reporting on it who need to move on? I understand that criticism of Mother hurts you guys deeply, but come on, let's be rational here.

Well, there were many outside factors that contributed to her loss.  Sure, she contributed to her own loss as well, but it's completely warranted to place blame on other factors because they did happen.

I don't disagree with that, but the idea that Clinton throwing a tantrum over a primary that happened a year ago doesn't constitute "whining" but reporting on/responding to it does defies simple logic.

It'd be one thing if Hillary left politics after her loss and people still chose to criticize her. That would constitute needless whining, sure. But as long as she chooses to remain a vocal public figure, criticizing what she says is fair game, even if it does end up hurting her supporters' feelings.

Criticize her all you want.  I think that's fair.

Even after she's out of politics, I think it's fair.

The problem, is that many of the things she's criticized on are invalid and sometimes made up by right-wing conspiracy theorists.  I live in a very pro-Trump area (my county went 80%+ for him in 2016) and during the election, I heard soooo many stupid things from people trying to get me to not vote for her.  She's a lesbian (as if that would even matter), her husband is a rapist, the Clinton's are murderers, she was directly responsible for deaths in Benghazi (the argument was even made that she purposefully did things to cause death and injury), the e-mail issue is disqualifying, we can't have a president who's under FBI investigation (they don't have a problem with it now though), we shouldn't have a female president because she'll go crazy when it's her time of the month (even though that's dumb, she is like 70...pretty sure that wouldn't have been an issue), the Clinton's are controlled by Saudi Arabia...or Russia...or some other foreign government, lock her up!  When asked why she should be locked up, people struggled to find a real and credible answer.

Side note: I had a Trump voter tell me during the campaign (during a conversation unrelated to the election) that Hitler was a great leader aside from the Jew stuff.

And while critiquing Hillary for whining is fair game, IMO, critiquing those who whine that she somehow cost Bernie the primary (when she won it easily) is also fair game.  I have friends who voted Bernie but refused to vote Hillary because, in their minds, she rigged the primary so that he would lose--vote count was not even considered; she simply cost him the primary because reasons.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 09:58:52 AM »

Hillary Clinton created "Crooked Hillary"
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 09:59:46 AM »

Hillary Clinton created "Crooked Hillary"
Reaganfan Democrat
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 10:02:03 AM »

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2017, 10:22:24 AM »

Oh for god sakes can we put the freakin 2016 primary to rest.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2017, 10:44:08 AM »

Considering that Sanders probably intends to pull the same stunts against other opponents in 2020, it's a good thing that Clinton is putting this out there. He never even really admitted that he lost the primary and that really fueled the narrative that the primary was "stolen" from him.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2017, 10:45:29 AM »

Oh for god sakes can we put the freakin 2016 primary to rest.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 10:50:10 AM »

How about we move on from both Bernie and Hillary? Maybe look to the future, focus on someone new?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P P
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 10:50:49 AM »

This is sadder than Trump claiming he won the popular vote.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2017, 10:52:19 AM »

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2017, 10:53:15 AM »

Because we agreed on so much, Bernie couldn’t make an argument against me in this area on policy, so he had to resort to innuendo and impugning my character,” she wrote. “When I finally challenged Bernie during a debate to name a single time I changed a position or a vote because of a financial contribution, he couldn’t come up with anything. Nonetheless, his attacks caused lasting damage, making it harder to unify progressives in the general election and paving the way for Trump’s ‘Crooked Hillary’ campaign.”

“But he isn’t a Democrat- that’s not a smear, that’s what he says,” she continued. “He didn’t get into the race to make sure a Democrat won the White House, he got in to disrupt the Democratic Party.”

She is now blaming Bernie for the "Crooked Hillary" tag & is saying he didn't want a Democrat to win. This is what you get for not mentioning her bankruptcy vote (when Obama called her a vote seller in 2008 for that vote, as did Elizabeth Warren on video). This is what people who don't go for the kill get. You don't get brownie points for running a civilized policy based debate (just run a gutter level mud-slinging campaign like in 2008.

Bernie justifies to his supporters Hillary's ridiculous basement dweller & every other stupid Wikileaks statement & runs around the country doing multiple rallies a day & gets attacked in the end for the loss.

Does she think progressives couldn't be united because of Bernie & has nothing to do with many people who has problem with her flip-flopping, warmongering, NAFTA, Patriot ACT supporting cozy relationship with Wall Street?

https://www.mediaite.com/online/hillary-throws-shade-at-bernie-sanders-in-book-fundamentally-wrong-about-the-democratic-party/

Can we all drill the bolded red part into our heads and stop talking about this divide in the Democratic Party and stop pretending like the party's mainstream is ANYWHERE close to the fiscal conservatism needed to win somewhere like GA-6? Smiley
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2017, 10:55:05 AM »

Thing is, if Hillary were as good a politician as Obama or her own husband then it wouldn't even have been a contest (or at least no more of one than the 2000 primaries).
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 10:56:43 AM »

I thought it was Putin's fault?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2017, 11:10:49 AM »

How utterly petty.  Sanders' job was never to step aside at the exactly the right moment to facilitate a coronation; campaigns are supposed to be hard.  He ran against her with a goal to win, and managed to nab 43% of the vote in the end, while building a formidable progressive movement essentially from scratch.  Clinton was the one who ran a general election campaign devoid of the issues and positions Bernie voters really cared about, not Sanders.  If they didn't turn out for her, it's completely her fault.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2017, 11:18:31 AM »

How utterly petty.  Sanders' job was never to step aside at the exactly the right moment to facilitate a coronation; campaigns are supposed to be hard.  He ran against her with a goal to win, and managed to nab 43% of the vote in the end, while building a formidable progressive movement essentially from scratch.  Clinton was the one who ran a general election campaign devoid of the issues and positions Bernie voters really cared about, not Sanders.  If they didn't turn out for her, it's completely her fault.

If some Sanders voters are so petty that they didn't care about what a Trump presidency would do the most vulnerable in society, then they never supported his movement in the first place. (His words, not mine.) Those idiots get no absolution.

I don't blame Hillary for being not that great of a candidate, nor do I blame Bernie for pointing that fact out to the idealistic and impressionable young voters who weren't experienced enough at elections to understand the downside of a Trump victory. I blame the American voters for not getting it done. Every single American who failed to vote for Hillary for whatever selfish, lazy, racist, or misinformed reason shares the blame for what's going on today. It's not like any aspect of the Trump presidency has been a surprise.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2017, 11:27:35 AM »

It's everybody's fault but Hillary. I'm sorry, but this is the way it's look.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies