MO-MOScout: GOP leading Senate and Auditor's race, Hawley at 50% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:36:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MO-MOScout: GOP leading Senate and Auditor's race, Hawley at 50% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO-MOScout: GOP leading Senate and Auditor's race, Hawley at 50%  (Read 3938 times)
Rjjr77
« on: September 01, 2017, 05:58:20 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I dont think McCaskill beats Akin without the gaffe (and the publicity the gaffe got) at all. After that idiotic statement he also got crippled with fundraising.

As for the poll, no tabs no respect for the poll. But it does line up with what id expect, still no proof.
Rjjr77
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 12:20:49 PM »

As much as I despise McCaskill, I believe she would have beaten Akin even without that gaffe (though it would have been closer - probably a 6- to 8-point win or so). People forget that this guy ran a terrible campaign even before the gaffe happened, and there's a reson why Akin was her preferred candidate from the very beginning. Also, no Democratic incumbent was really going to lose in 2012 anyway, except MAYBE Nelson in NE. Honestly, 2012 was an absolute disaster for Republicans at all levels.

McCaskill absolutely would have lost, even his weak campaign would have been enough to cost had it not been for the gaffe, his money absolutely dried up afterwards. He was leading, and beginning to pull away in some polls. In fact the only reason mccaskill won by so much is all the undecideds broke for her at the end.
Rjjr77
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 12:24:36 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I dont think McCaskill beats Akin without the gaffe (and the publicity the gaffe got) at all. After that idiotic statement he also got crippled with fundraising.

As for the poll, no tabs no respect for the poll. But it does line up with what id expect, still no proof.
She outperformed the RCP polling average by almost 10 points. IIRC, when Akin was leading, he was only up by single digits.

Cool story? do you know what that even means? McCaskill got literally every undecided voter to break her way, do you think that would have happened without legitimate rape?

Akin saw 18 point flips in polling after the legitimate rape comment, it absolutely was the only reason McCaskill won.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies