Fancy Name to Come: 2018 and Beyond
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:40:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fancy Name to Come: 2018 and Beyond
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fancy Name to Come: 2018 and Beyond  (Read 506 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 27, 2017, 07:33:49 PM »

I've been planning the idea for a timeline for some weeks now, but haven't really been ready to start. But with fate stealing my thunder and throwing a Cat 4 hurricane at Houston just a week or so after I was planning things, I guess now is as good of a time as any to start making preparations!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 03:51:58 AM »

September 4, 2018

Ted Cruz looked out of his Houston apartment window, a thousand-yard stare marking his face as it reflected back at him. "How the hell did I end up here?", he muttered aloud to no one in particular.

Even just a few months ago, the situation as it was unfolding would seem impossible even to the most optimistic (or pessimistic) of politicos. Yet here he was, hunkered down in a domicile that had served as little more than a money sink in the form of property taxes for several years.

This man, who had skillfully navigated GOP circles for decades and deftly climbed the ladder of power with seemingly no end in sight, was now feeling his own immortality. What once started more than two years ago - his well-fought but inevitably futile presidential campaign loss - felt as if it was coming full-circle.

"That son of a bitch...", Cruz muttered as his wife entered the room. Here they stood once again, perplexed and forced to face a challenge in a form that they never necessarily expected and yet had such a big hand in helping create.

"It's not over", Heidi whispered in Ted's ear as his thoughts raced and drifted back and forth between his current predicament and his own sanity. Now, he too felt like running along the expressway...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies