DNC using Desperate tactics to get money from voters.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 11:53:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DNC using Desperate tactics to get money from voters.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: DNC using Desperate tactics to get money from voters.  (Read 2902 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2017, 04:20:26 PM »

Privileged White liberals be like...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Your not good at this debate thing, are you?

You see me making the argument that there are potentially hundreds of thousands of vulnerable recipients of these seemingly official collection notices and your first argument is to claim, not that nobody will be affected at all, but that the numbers I posted were exaggerated. So, you didn't refute that vulnerable Americans (regardless of the number) could be tricked into sending money to an organization that supposedly represents their interests, but you do refute that that is important. Alright...
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2017, 04:23:53 PM »

You see me making the argument that there are potentially hundreds of thousands of vulnerable recipients of these seemingly official collection notices and your first argument is to claim, not that nobody will be affected at all, but that the numbers I posted were exaggerated. So, you didn't refute that vulnerable Americans (regardless of the number) could be tricked into sending money to an organization that supposedly represents their interests, but you do refute that that is important. Alright...

Call me when one of those people you claim this is an issue to says that they care, not some edgy white millennial who works for Buzzfeed.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2017, 04:25:05 PM »

Stop, please. The damn letter inside the envelope is not a bill, nor could it be misconstrued as a bill.
Unless you saying vulnerable Americans cant read? 
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2017, 04:29:12 PM »

Call me when one of those people you claim this is an issue to says that they care, not some edgy white millennial who works for Buzzfeed.

Still doesn't refute that vulnerable Americans could be scammed out of their limited money by the political organization that claims to represent their interests...
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2017, 04:32:25 PM »

Still doesn't refute that vulnerable Americans could be scammed out of their limited money by the political organization that claims to represent their interests...

I assure you, no one who can read will be scammed by this.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2017, 04:33:44 PM »

Stop, please. The damn letter inside the envelope is not a bill, nor could it be misconstrued as a bill.

People have fallen victim to all varieties of scams. Look at what Evangelical leaders and TV-based auction networks do to gullible people (who are often underprivileged as well). You still aren't arguing that the practice used by the DNC could coerce vulnerable Americans out of their money by using exploitative and manipulative marketing strategies; you're simply saying "they should be smart enough not to fall for it."
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2017, 04:43:11 PM »

People have fallen victim to all varieties of scams. Look at what Evangelical leaders and TV-based auction networks do to gullible people (who are often underprivileged as well). You still aren't arguing that the practice used by the DNC could coerce vulnerable Americans out of their money by using exploitative and manipulative marketing strategies; you're simply saying "they should be smart enough not to fall for it."

Yeah, basically. I have more faith in the average american than you do apparently. 
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2017, 04:53:59 PM »

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2017, 04:59:28 PM »

They do this to me all the time. I just toss them in the trash.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2017, 05:03:12 PM »

At the end of the day, no one cares about fundraising emails, save for a few who post on internet forums. The notion that poor people are being scammed out of money is nothing more than conspiracy.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2017, 07:34:17 PM »

Lol terrible argument. Well i doubt people will be scamed by this letter....really, thats your defense?
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2017, 08:23:25 PM »

It's always 2016 in the Democratic Party.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2017, 10:26:45 PM »

They've been running a deficit for a while now, and that Debbie Wasserman Schultz staffer scandal is only going to make things worse.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2017, 11:40:02 AM »

Just donate to individual candidates if you don't like how the national party organization is using the money.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2017, 04:57:15 PM »

Beyond stupid.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2017, 06:22:59 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2017, 12:40:25 PM by Santander »

Nobody will be scammed, but given that someone at the DNC, not some obscure state party or campaign, thought this was a good idea, it shows how incredibly out of touch the Democrats are for a party that claims to represent the poor and vulnerable.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2017, 06:22:14 PM »

https://youtu.be/pvhXzfNbyxA?t=1s
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2017, 08:21:33 PM »

To scare your older base into thinking they have something overdue is politics? Gross.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2017, 10:06:16 PM »

The DNC hates to have such a golden opportunity. They are determined to underachieve in 2018.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2017, 10:36:12 PM »

Yes, because there are just hordes of people who are going to:

a) read the letter in full, missing multiple references to the Democratic National Committee
b) write a check to a political organization, somehow missing the fact they're filling out said name of the party on the check
c) address the envelope, once again writing the name of the political organization on the envelope
d) mail it without asking any questions whatsoever
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2017, 10:56:14 PM »

a) read the letter in full, missing multiple references to the Democratic National Committee
b) write a check to a political organization, somehow missing the fact they're filling out said name of the party on the check
c) address the envelope, once again writing the name of the political organization on the envelope
He and Jacobin American think poor people are f**king idiots.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2017, 11:18:46 PM »

I thought that's how they became poor Huh
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2017, 11:30:37 PM »

Which would make it all the more f[inks]ing ridiculous. Letters asking for money almost always go out solely to those who have given to the organization or campaign at least once in the past. Email campaigns are entirely different because they don't really cost anything, but the difference between $0.00001 and $0.30 or whatever is massive, and anybody receiving these letters has almost certainly given directly to the DNC in the past. And that's what makes this even more funny: a very small number of people give (especially to an org like DNC), so a very, very small number ever got this letter.

They're not idiots and they know what a fundraising letter looks like, but the "pitch" here ("OMG YOU'RE IN DEBT" or whatever) isn't designed to trick them into giving money: it's designed to trick them into opening it so that they don't automatically throw it in the trash or fail to ever open it otherwise.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2017, 11:32:28 PM »

^^^ Same reason you get those Democratic emails 12 times per day that say things like "ABANDON ALL HOPE", "DECIMATED", "IT'S ALL OGRE NOW", etc
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2017, 11:41:46 PM »

This is why Trump is getting a second term.

No one is going to remember this in three weeks much less three years, to say nothing as to if anyone who'll hear about this will actually vote for Trump just because of it. Geez.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies