Man at Trump rally: McCain needs to die
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 02:40:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Man at Trump rally: McCain needs to die
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Man at Trump rally: McCain needs to die  (Read 2458 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 23, 2017, 01:26:14 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/08/23/a-man-at-the-trump-rally-said-mccain-needs-to-die-heres-how-the-senators-daughter-responded/?utm_term=.4dc279a8c6a7

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He already is dying for heaven's sake! Do these people not understand the idea of tact?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 02:04:39 PM »

If only you guys loved McCain this much in 2008, seeing how hellbent on war with Russia you are.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 02:07:19 PM »

If only you guys loved McCain this much in 2008, seeing how hellbent on war with Russia you are.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deflect

You excel at this.  Seriously, the tribalistic mentality you have toward loyal Trump supporters is unhealthy.  Sure, the token "I don't like this random military intervention Trump is doing - in fact I hate it - but that doesn't mean I don't support him!" post shows up every few weeks, but holy shlt, dude.  It's okay to criticize him or his followers.  This guy just said a human being "needs to die."  For 's sake.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 02:18:46 PM »

You excel at this.  Seriously, the tribalistic mentality you have toward loyal Trump supporters is unhealthy.  Sure, the token "I don't like this random military intervention Trump is doing - in fact I hate it - but that doesn't mean I don't support him!" post shows up every few weeks, but holy shlt, dude.  It's okay to criticize him or his followers.  This guy just said a human being "needs to die."  For 's sake.
One man in a crowd of thousands said something crazy, possibly just to get attention. It's not even worth talking about.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 02:19:45 PM »

One man in a crowd of thousands said something crazy, possibly just to get attention. It's not even worth talking about.
It's certainly disturbing, but Santander is right.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 02:19:55 PM »

I'll add on, another big F- for the deflection. I also did support McCain, voted for him too!
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 02:21:09 PM »

Not the worst thing said at that rally.  Not even top 100
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 02:38:16 PM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 02:40:17 PM »

Yep. The problem with the GOP is that it's elected representatives, including the leader of the party, regularly say things this bad or worse. And are then cheered on rather the being booted, censured, or seeing the party disintegrate out from under them. In a world as populated as ours, any side will have a handful of crazed extremists. This does NOT excuse the pattern and practice of unacceptable behavior by any group, but it is important to understand the difference.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 02:42:37 PM »

Hillary was right. These people truly are the Basket of Deplorables.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 02:43:35 PM »

Right, like -

We want to lower your taxes.
We want to secure your borders.
We want our vets to be taken care of better
etc
etc
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 02:45:37 PM »

But I thought the rally was about love?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 02:56:34 PM »

Hillary was right. These people truly are the Basket of Deplorables.

Well, it can't be denied that this particular guy is deplorable.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 02:57:12 PM »

Right, like -

etc
etc

Donald Trump in the Republican Party do not give a flying s*** about anyone in my income tax bracket, Grumps, which is probably comprable to yours. The 1% slogan has been demonized into images of surly anarchists and grad students demonstrating in front of Stock exchange or camping out with a drum circle and next to City Hall in wherever USA, but it is undeniable, quantifiable, horrifying economic fact the way that wealth has exploded not even in the top 1%, but in the upper tense of a percent of the 1%, meanwhile has stagnated or regressed for over 90% of Americans. Trump, again, does not give a s*** about cutting my taxes. If he can sneak throwing me a bone enough to pay a couple months Netflix subscription in order to get it through Congress, but then turn around and force my state taxes to go up twice as much in order to compensate for cuts to education, he'll do it 6 days a week and twice on Sundays

Increased border security is not a bad thing and, frankly, not something that most Democrats are liberals I know necessarily disagree with. What is objected to his using that is using that as an excuse for a Draconian immigration policy removing good hard-working members of society instead of giving them a road to citizenship through something like the DREAM Act. Hate to tell you George, but I'm going to take a wild guess that if immigration structures were as as tight when you are folks came to the country from the land of Homer and olives as it is today, we're simply one cannot get citizenship in this country without paying thousands to a good immigration lawyer, you'd still be over there piling around with your buddies in Golden Dawn. Wink

Yeah, George, guess what? The most hardcore liberals I know 100% want vets to be taken care of. Did George read Hospital have some disgusting mismanagement a few years ago? Absolutely. So cutting services to the VA or rerouting services to private practitioners who will charge More For Less service is the answer? This comes down to a basic balance of if you really truly genuinely care about Veterans well-beings as far as government policy goes, privatization and funding cuts, which is the holy sacrament of today's GOP, is the exact opposite way to go. I choose not to buy into my parties implicit policy of starving the monster is promoted by Grover norquist. In short, cut funding for government services, government services get crappier, voters elect politicians who campaign on how crappy Public Services and how it should be run like the private sector, elected officials cut Government funding, and the cycle of mediocrity continues.

It's nice to see you at least take a stab at policy argument instead of just celebrating liberal triggering, but you really got to do better than that
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 03:03:10 PM »

We aren't. On the other hand, if Trump declared war on Russia, you would suddenly be in favor of it.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 03:08:47 PM »

We aren't. On the other hand, if Trump declared war on Russia, you would suddenly be in favor of it.

He needs an easier target than Russia.  Maybe he'll declare war on Massachusetts.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 03:32:33 PM »

So we're back to "person at ______ rally says horrible thing" is news again and makes _____ look bad?  Are we sure this time?

And what about low level politicos?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 03:35:30 PM »

Unlike Republicans, I guess "us guys" prefer to pick on someone our own size.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 03:50:07 PM »

Right, like -

etc
etc

Donald Trump in the Republican Party do not give a flying s*** about anyone in my income tax bracket, Grumps, which is probably comprable to yours. The 1% slogan has been demonized into images of surly anarchists and grad students demonstrating in front of Stock exchange or camping out with a drum circle and next to City Hall in wherever USA, but it is undeniable, quantifiable, horrifying economic fact the way that wealth has exploded not even in the top 1%, but in the upper tense of a percent of the 1%, meanwhile has stagnated or regressed for over 90% of Americans. Trump, again, does not give a s*** about cutting my taxes. If he can sneak throwing me a bone enough to pay a couple months Netflix subscription in order to get it through Congress, but then turn around and force my state taxes to go up twice as much in order to compensate for cuts to education, he'll do it 6 days a week and twice on Sundays

Increased border security is not a bad thing and, frankly, not something that most Democrats are liberals I know necessarily disagree with. What is objected to his using that is using that as an excuse for a Draconian immigration policy removing good hard-working members of society instead of giving them a road to citizenship through something like the DREAM Act. Hate to tell you George, but I'm going to take a wild guess that if immigration structures were as as tight when you are folks came to the country from the land of Homer and olives as it is today, we're simply one cannot get citizenship in this country without paying thousands to a good immigration lawyer, you'd still be over there piling around with your buddies in Golden Dawn. Wink

Yeah, George, guess what? The most hardcore liberals I know 100% want vets to be taken care of. Did George read Hospital have some disgusting mismanagement a few years ago? Absolutely. So cutting services to the VA or rerouting services to private practitioners who will charge More For Less service is the answer? This comes down to a basic balance of if you really truly genuinely care about Veterans well-beings as far as government policy goes, privatization and funding cuts, which is the holy sacrament of today's GOP, is the exact opposite way to go. I choose not to buy into my parties implicit policy of starving the monster is promoted by Grover norquist. In short, cut funding for government services, government services get crappier, voters elect politicians who campaign on how crappy Public Services and how it should be run like the private sector, elected officials cut Government funding, and the cycle of mediocrity continues.

It's nice to see you at least take a stab at policy argument instead of just celebrating liberal triggering, but you really got to do better than that

I'm buying you a bourbon next time I see you......or 10.  Wink
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 03:52:20 PM »

Gianforte, please bodyslam.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 04:08:38 PM »

Well, he certainly needs to get out of the Senate.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 04:14:22 PM »

Well, he certainly needs to get out of the Senate.

I think Donald Trump should get out of the White House, but I'm not deplorable enough to be even somewhat ambiguous about suggesting it's okay to wish for his death.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 04:21:18 PM »

Trump pls deport
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 04:25:45 PM »

A State Senator said Trump should be assassinated. People say inappropriate things.

But please let's continue to highlight that one Trump supporter and ignore everyone else. It's always worked, apparently.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 08:50:03 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies