New SurveyUSA Senator Rankings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:32:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New SurveyUSA Senator Rankings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: New SurveyUSA Senator Rankings  (Read 4124 times)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2005, 12:14:03 PM »

Santorum is now the least popular Senator in the US.  What happend that could have made him bottom out so quick?

He's been the least popular Senator for a couple months now. Don't let Keystone Phil fool you.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2005, 12:45:15 PM »

Santorum is now the least popular Senator in the US.  What happend that could have made him bottom out so quick?

He's been the least popular Senator for a couple months now. Don't let Keystone Phil fool you.
Hahaha!! He's Spin Dr. Phil! Grin Smiley
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2005, 04:07:38 PM »

I think the numbers for Talent aren't looking so hot either...

He's at 48-42, down from 56-36 in the last polling...

Meanwhile, Bush's approval rating in MO seems to be plummeting... he has a net negative 20% approval rating, trailing 38-58....

Now, this could just be a flukey poll or maybe Missourians are getting fed up with dogmatic and incompetant Republican rule by "little" Gov. Matt Blunt and the Republican lege...

If McCaskill runs, as she seems inclined to, this could be a race.  She'd need to bring his St. Louis numbers down dramatically, though...

The approval ratings are also bad news for Conrad Burns whose disapproval rating is a high 42... looks like the Dem attack ads may be working.  I expect him to either win or lose in another squeaker....
danwxman

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2005, 04:16:52 PM »

Where is Phil? I thought no matter what happened, "Pennsylvania just likes Santorum" LMAO
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2005, 04:20:12 PM »

Where is Phil? I thought no matter what happened, "Pennsylvania just likes Santorum" LMAO

In all fairness to Phil, Santorum was pretty popular when he kept saying that. Again. And again. And again. And in most of PA his numbers don't appear to have shifted much since then (give or take random flukeyness). But his numbers in Western PA have collapsed (not just in SUSA) and this seems to have been enough to drag down his overall numbers.
It'll be interesting to see whether he can recover out there.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2005, 04:24:42 PM »

Look at Quinnipiac and then laugh. I don't buy the SurveryUSA once a month polls.

And I certainly don't buy any collapse in the west but if there was a reason, it would not be the cyberschool scandal. When will people realize that during Santorum scandals, like the cyberschool issue, his popularity goes up?

Lastly, Flyers, please be serious about this Draft Hoeffel movement. If Casey isn't your nominee, you lose.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2005, 04:30:29 PM »

And I certainly don't buy any collapse in the west

It's relative; his overall numbers out there were pretty high until early this year. O/c it might just go away again, approval ratings can be fickle things after all.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2005, 05:19:12 PM »

Look at Quinnipiac and then laugh. I don't buy the SurveryUSA once a month polls.

And I certainly don't buy any collapse in the west but if there was a reason, it would not be the cyberschool scandal. When will people realize that during Santorum scandals, like the cyberschool issue, his popularity goes up?

Lastly, Flyers, please be serious about this Draft Hoeffel movement. If Casey isn't your nominee, you lose.

Ahhh I get it, you only buy the poll results that show what you want  (despite how accurate of a history Survey USA has)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2005, 05:22:39 PM »

Ahhh I get it, you only buy the poll results that show what you want  (despite how accurate of a history Survey USA has)

How accurate have they been in monthly Senate approval/disapproval polls? I buy the polls by Quinnipiac that show Santorum down about fourteen points so don't give me your nonsense.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2005, 05:25:37 PM »

How accurate have they been in monthly Senate approval/disapproval polls? I buy the polls by Quinnipiac that show Santorum down about fourteen points so don't give me your nonsense.

You don't buy this poll simply because it shows the love of your life isn't as well liked in your state as you thought he was,  Yes you buy the Quinnipiac polls that show Santorum down by 14, but you have to buy something since he is down in every poll, you just happen to buy the one where the approval is more of your liking.  This is the newest poll & Survey USA has a more accurate history than Quinnipiac does
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2005, 05:28:05 PM »

You don't buy this poll simply because it shows the love of your life isn't as well liked in your state as you thought he was,  Yes you buy the Quinnipiac polls that show Santorum down by 14, but you have to buy something since he is down in every poll, you just happen to buy the one where the approval is more of your liking.  This is the newest poll & Survey USA has a more accurate history than Quinnipiac does

Yes, the love of my life. Smash, how much time do they allow the mental patients to use the computer because I'm sure there have been people waiting in line behind you for awhile, pal.

And with PA races, I doubt SurveyUSA is more accurate.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2005, 05:36:53 PM »

Yes, the love of my life. Smash, how much time do they allow the mental patients to use the computer because I'm sure there have been people waiting in line behind you for awhile, pal.

And with PA races, I doubt SurveyUSA is more accurate.

They were last year
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2005, 05:38:24 PM »

Awesome detail, Smash!
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2005, 07:49:23 AM »

Why don't you buy Survey USA's monthly polls, Phil?  They've been solider than average Presidentially, and even if they do them on the cheap, I have no reason to believe their internal mechanisms are flawed enough to discount them.

If only Mason-Dixon would do something!
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2005, 12:04:05 PM »

Why don't you buy Survey USA's monthly polls, Phil?  They've been solider than average Presidentially, and even if they do them on the cheap, I have no reason to believe their internal mechanisms are flawed enough to discount them.
He'd buy them if Santorum was winning 65%-35%, and if their logo was an elephant.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2005, 12:30:53 PM »

I like those Santorum and DeWine numbers.  Nice to see Kent Conrad and Byron Dorgan doing well.

Santorum's ratings seem to have collapsed in Western PA. Any reason for this?

Cyberschool scandal!

Could you explain that?

Here, brought to you by the magic that is Wikipedia:

In November 2004, a controversy erupted over education costs for the Senator's children. Santorum's legal address is in Penn Hills, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Pittsburgh, but he lives most of the year at his home in Leesburg, Virginia near Washington, DC. Santorum's five older children received education through the Western Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School with 80% of tuition costs paid by the Penn Hills School District.

At a meeting in November 2004, the Penn Hills School District announced that it did not believe Santorum met the qualifications for residency status since he and his family spend most of the year in Virginia. They demanded repayment of tuition costs totaling $100,000.

Supporters of the Senator claim that the controversy is politically motivated as the school board is controlled by Democrats and Erin Vecchio, the school board member who first publicly raised the issue, is the chair of the local Democratic Party. They also claim that since Santorum votes in Penn Hills and pays property and school taxes there, he is entitled to the same privileges as any other Penn Hills resident.

After the controversy erupted, Santorum said he would make other arrangements for his children's education, but insists he does not owe the school board any back tuition. In early 2005, both sides agreed to work out a settlement outside the court system. A state appointed hearing officer set a deadline of May 9, 2005 for the parties to submit information relating to the case.

On July 8, 2005, a Pennsylvania state hearing officer ruled that the Penn Hills School District had not filed objections to Santorum's residency in a timely manner and dismissed the complaint, even though the district did follow the guidelines set by the hearing officer in May. Santorum hailed the ruling as a victory against what he termed "baseless and politically motivated charges." He told reporters, "No one's children -- and especially not small, school-age children -- should be used as pawns in the 'politics of personal destruction'."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Santorum supporters will tell you that this was a cheap ploy by Democrats to make him look bad.

No, I'll tell you that, on the surface, it is a quite understanable mistake that the Democrats have blown up into being a "huge scandal".  Esspecially since Santorum paid the money back, in full, without major complaint.  Of course, this does nto mention that, regardless of his residence, he pays taxes for the school district.

Also, Democrats tried to take advantage of this by using another not-well-thought-out slogan "The third Senator from Vriginia".  Of course, this ignores that almost every Senator and Rep. lives in either Virginia or Maryland.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2005, 07:44:55 PM »

I like those Santorum and DeWine numbers.  Nice to see Kent Conrad and Byron Dorgan doing well.

Cyberschool scandal!

Could you explain that?

In November 2004, a controversy erupted over education costs for the Senator's children. Santorum's legal address is in Penn Hills, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Pittsburgh, but he lives most of the year at his home in Leesburg, Virginia near Washington, DC. Santorum's five older children received education through the Western Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School with 80% of tuition costs paid by the Penn Hills School District.

At a meeting in November 2004, the Penn Hills School District announced that it did not believe Santorum met the qualifications for residency status since he and his family spend most of the year in Virginia. They demanded repayment of tuition costs totaling $100,000.

Supporters of the Senator claim that the controversy is politically motivated as the school board is controlled by Democrats and Erin Vecchio, the school board member who first publicly raised the issue, is the chair of the local Democratic Party. They also claim that since Santorum votes in Penn Hills and pays property and school taxes there, he is entitled to the same privileges as any other Penn Hills resident.

After the controversy erupted, Santorum said he would make other arrangements for his children's education, but insists he does not owe the school board any back tuition. In early 2005, both sides agreed to work out a settlement outside the court system. A state appointed hearing officer set a deadline of May 9, 2005 for the parties to submit information relating to the case.

On July 8, 2005, a Pennsylvania state hearing officer ruled that the Penn Hills School District had not filed objections to Santorum's residency in a timely manner and dismissed the complaint, even though the district did follow the guidelines set by the hearing officer in May. Santorum hailed the ruling as a victory against what he termed "baseless and politically motivated charges." He told reporters, "No one's children -- and especially not small, school-age children -- should be used as pawns in the 'politics of personal destruction'."

Santorum supporters will tell you that this was a cheap ploy by Democrats to make him look bad.

No, I'll tell you that, on the surface, it is a quite understanable mistake that the Democrats have blown up into being a "huge scandal".  Esspecially since Santorum paid the money back, in full, without major complaint.  Of course, this does nto mention that, regardless of his residence, he pays taxes for the school district.

Also, Democrats tried to take advantage of this by using another not-well-thought-out slogan "The third Senator from Vriginia".  Of course, this ignores that almost every Senator and Rep. lives in either Virginia or Maryland.

That's the first I'd heard that Senator Rick Santorum R-Virginia had paid back the money he took from Pennsylvania.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2005, 08:39:55 AM »

Senators Snowe, Collins, Chaffee, and Ben Nelson all poll better with the opposite party than their own.

Snowe, Collins, and Chaffee are RINOs in the liberal northeast.  Nelson is a DINO in the ultraconservative central plains.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2005, 09:14:12 AM »

Snowe, Collins, and Chaffee are not RINOs (and Nelson is not a DINO).  They are proud stalwarts of their Party fighting in hostile territory.  I am absolutely sick of the -INO terms.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2005, 12:08:52 PM »

john kerry's numbers still l ook rather anemic.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2005, 07:27:38 PM »

He'd buy them if Santorum was winning 65%-35%, and if their logo was an elephant.

Right because the Quinnipiac polls that showed Santorum down by fourteen were so Republican biased.  Roll Eyes

I don't take what SurveryUSA has to say over a more reliable and more accurate Quinnipiac. The Q polls focus on certain states. I can trust those polls more.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2005, 08:19:24 PM »

Right because the Quinnipiac polls that showed Santorum down by fourteen were so Republican biased.  Roll Eyes

I don't take what SurveryUSA has to say over a more reliable and more accurate Quinnipiac. The Q polls focus on certain states. I can trust those polls more.

Once again Survey USA has a VERY VERY accurate reputation, Quinnipiac doesn't.  Survey USA was MORE ACCURATE in PA in 2004.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2005, 12:34:09 PM »

You always say that every time your boy is getting his ass handed to him.  Quinnipiac also gave your boy very comfy leads over Hafer and Hoeffel both you and I know would never happen.  I'd like to see SurveyUSA take polls of them two over Santorum, but we all know the party leadership wants Casey.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2005, 12:38:19 PM »

Cyberschool scandal!

Could you explain that?

That's the first I'd heard that Senator Rick Santorum R-Virginia had paid back the money he took from Pennsylvania.

Well, youprobably didn't care enough to check.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2005, 01:15:20 PM »

Well, youprobably didn't care enough to check.

I think he's referencing the "Homeschool 'Scandal'."
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies