Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 05:09:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 42285 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: August 18, 2017, 04:36:03 AM »

I guess the General Sherman monuments are next on the list,  eh?

Well, he was a white supremacist when as a Louisiana resident in 1860 he wrote “All the congresses on earth can’t make the negro anything else than what he is; he must be subject to the white man".
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #651 on: August 18, 2017, 09:35:54 AM »

Well, he was a white supremacist when as a Louisiana resident in 1860 he wrote “All the congresses on earth can’t make the negro anything else than what he is; he must be subject to the white man".

I can hear the bulldozers and cranes in the distance.  RIP.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #652 on: August 18, 2017, 09:44:02 AM »

Schwarzenegger takes on the Nazi scum and Trump:

https://twitter.com/attn/status/898328098529083394
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #653 on: August 18, 2017, 10:46:35 AM »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #654 on: August 18, 2017, 10:51:34 AM »

The left's behavior is so bizarre. Who's going to be the next leftist cause celebre after denouncing Trump? Grover Norquist? Paul Wolfowitz? I find myself agreeing with Trump, Grumps, r/T_D, and Bannon. There's no question this is helping Trump. The number of active users on r/T_D has surged this week, and it now almost has more concurrent users than r/politics, whereas previously r/politics was usually around 50% to twice as big.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #655 on: August 18, 2017, 10:59:42 AM »

The left's behavior is so bizarre. Who's going to be the next leftist cause celebre after denouncing Trump? Grover Norquist? Paul Wolfowitz? I find myself agreeing with Trump, Grumps, r/T_D, and Bannon. There's no question this is helping Trump. The number of active users on r/T_D has surged this week, and it now almost has more concurrent users than r/politics, whereas previously r/politics was usually around 50% to twice as big.
Measuring political trends by subreddit activity=PEAK BEET
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #656 on: August 18, 2017, 11:03:28 AM »

Ah, because I've always failed to see big waves coming when using reddit in the past.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #657 on: August 18, 2017, 11:15:18 AM »

If Reddit was representative of politics then about half of people would be communists or Nazis, with radical libertarians and anarchocapitalists making up the majority of the remainder, and frothing at the mouth BernieOrBusters would be the vast majority of Democrats.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #658 on: August 18, 2017, 11:20:33 AM »

You got one prediction right. Give yourself a pat on the back.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #659 on: August 18, 2017, 11:23:52 AM »

You got one prediction right. Give yourself a pat on the back.

I just did, thanks.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #660 on: August 18, 2017, 11:24:33 AM »

If Reddit was representative of politics then about half of people would be communists or Nazis, with radical libertarians and anarchocapitalists making up the majority of the remainder, and frothing at the mouth BernieOrBusters would be the vast majority of Democrats.

r/neoliberal is a very serious sub-thing
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #661 on: August 18, 2017, 11:35:57 AM »

So, basically, we are in the 1850s where the mainstream opposition will collapse over repeated loses to an unpopular Government and will eventually be replaced by a more ideological and much more succesful opposition that becomes the  Government after much "change".
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #662 on: August 18, 2017, 01:34:35 PM »

People who unironically refer to themselves as neoliberals barely exist in reality too.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #663 on: August 18, 2017, 04:50:06 PM »

Yeah--- the statues aren't the fundamental issue. The main forces making them the fundamental issue has actually been the White Supremacist movement trying to use the "statues" as a recruiting platform to brainwash another wave of followers, especially in the former States of the Old Confederacy where most of these are located...

That being said, many of these statues were placed, dedicated and "blessed" by local Governments in the South during the Second Wave of the KKK (1910-1925), which not accidentally was a period of mass lynchings in the region as part of of the pivotal period in the establishment of Jim Crow laws in the Deep South, which was essentially a codification of White Supremacist rule in the Deep South Post-Reconstruction....

These statues for the most part weren't "dedicated" by local residents at the time of the Civil War mourning their relatives that died in one of the most brutal wars ever in American Military History, not to mention that Highest % of Americans ever to die in a foreign conflict (Well exceeding the % of Americans that died during WW II where we lost over half a Million Patriots fighting against Nazism, Fascism, and Japanese styled Fascism in Asia....

The statues were placed precisely to reinforce White Supremacist rule in the Deep South.... a reign of terror and legal discrimination that lasted until the Civil Rights Voting Act was signed into law, although various Presidents both Democrats and Republicans over the previous 3 decades had been trying to deal with the monstrosity of legalized racist governmental policies in the South.

Months ago, I was talking about the very subject of these statues with my Wife, and brought up something that I saw about how this was dealt with in many parts of Central/Eastern Europe in the Post Communist era....

What did the Hungarians do with all of these statues erected by the Soviet Union and the Hungarian Communist Party after the wall fell? They carefully removed the statues, by the hundreds, and relocated them in an outdoor park/museum on the West side of Budapest over the Danube River.

One can stroll through at a leisurely pace and take some time looking at the various individual statues and read the plaques and displays posted by the Museum curators in order to understand the social, political, historical, and cultural relevance of artistic content in a totalitarian era.

That is exactly IMHO what should be done with these various statues, specifically those that were dedicated during the 2nd Wave of White Supremacist rule in the Deep South, where it many cases it was not unusual for local residents to possibly be able to view a lynching and a statue dedication in the same day, both with a creepy carnival atmosphere involved.

Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #664 on: August 19, 2017, 12:20:25 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/898766109523951616

he woke now
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #665 on: August 19, 2017, 12:59:19 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2017, 01:00:50 PM by Bannon, we hardly knew ye »

Wait until they declassify Hoover's tapes of MLK beating his wife or something. We'll see how ridiculous the left has become when they begin calling for the MLK memorial to come down.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #666 on: August 19, 2017, 01:13:06 PM »

Having avoided this thread until things cooled off let me just say that Trump's refusal to name names like he does when he truly is angered by somebody should be enough to prove his insincerity.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #667 on: August 21, 2017, 11:26:55 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2017, 11:31:07 PM by Compassion Fills the Void »

This is a pretty good post I saw on the issue...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And another one! http://mycbs4.com/news/local/luckys-market-in-gainesville-fires-employee-for-participating-in-charlottesville-rally

And another one! http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/2017/08/15/south-burlington-uno-worker-suspended-over-joining-charlottesville-rally/570201001

Oh yeah and Florida and Vermont are not located in Virginia.

I wonder how the moron who wrote that pile of idiocy feels now?
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #668 on: August 22, 2017, 12:06:44 AM »
« Edited: August 22, 2017, 12:10:37 AM by Senator Scott, PPT »

Nor is the liberal paradise of Berkeley.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #669 on: August 22, 2017, 12:52:56 AM »

Wait until they declassify Hoover's tapes of MLK beating his wife or something. We'll see how ridiculous the left has become when they begin calling for the MLK memorial to come down.

I too like to dream up hypothetical scenarios to get mad at.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #670 on: August 22, 2017, 09:22:06 PM »

This is disgusting what Trump is doing in Phoenix right now.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #671 on: August 22, 2017, 09:30:39 PM »

Your hood is showing.

Nah, just kidding Sanchez.

It was actually your red laces.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #672 on: August 22, 2017, 09:35:01 PM »

This rally is terrible.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #673 on: August 22, 2017, 09:35:06 PM »

This is disgusting what Trump is doing in Phoenix right now.

He's too busy winning re-election to care about your thoughts on the matter. This is an all-time classic that gives me supreme confidence in his abilities to somehow manage another term.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #674 on: August 22, 2017, 09:38:28 PM »

I'm not watching it now, but shouldn't someone start a new thread for the Phoenix rally?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies