Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:54:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16
Poll
Question: Should I remain in the race for Delegate?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come  (Read 18783 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: December 23, 2018, 03:18:39 PM »

Portland, Oregon

Hello Fremont!! It is my pleasure to be here today with you all. I would like to announce that I will be running for the Parliament of Fremont next month. I will have a platform reveal very soon for my plans to make the region a better place! Stay tuned.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #226 on: December 23, 2018, 03:44:25 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2018, 03:52:40 PM by Fmr. Deputy Speaker Spark »

Campaign Platform
Spark498 for Fremont Parliament
A better path forward

Environment & Conservation

Protection of natural resources is important!

We must do whatever means necessary to protect the environment and the natural habitats of endangered species of trees and animals. Biodiversity is incredibly important in an ecosystem and if we do not protect them, they will cease to exist. This means that our posterity will never have the chance to view the wonders that they bring to humanity. These species also contribute to our betterment and welfare by purifying the air and diversifying the food chain. We need to protect them. Federal lands need to be safeguarded and limited logging and drilling should be allowed.

We should focus on reducing carbon emissions and this is accomplished by eliminating deforestation and putting a cap on them. Increased CO2 in the atmosphere leads to the exacerbation of global warming and presents an existential crisis for our climate. Let's encourage renewable energy and grant subsidies to more wind farms and encourage development of electric cars instead of fuel-powered automobiles. We must also promote the bottle deposits to spread awareness of recycling and its importance.

Let's leave our planet to our children better than the way we found it!

Labor Laws

Many Atlasians desire a fair wage. Although I do not support an increase to $15 per hour for workers, I do want to support the use of unions and workers' collective bargaining rights. We must protect workers from being exploited by employers, especially immigrants. Those who have temporary work visas should not be working for less than a fair wage, I believe it would be our responsibility to intervene in these cases of economic exploitation. We must protect the right to assemble, strike, and demand better wages. Raising the minimum wage would do more harm in the long term by raising unemployment and costing jobs, we want to keep the economy strong.

Economy

In order to have an economy that promotes success, we should cut spending in particular areas that are unnecessary. This does not include essential services such as SS, healthcare, education, or infrastructure. However, military spending can be reduced if it contributes to a deficit. Marijuana must be decriminalized and used as a source of tax revenue like cigarettes. The artificial sanding of beaches can be eliminated to reduce spending and this disturbs its natural composition. We have to try and balance the budget in proportion to our tax revenues. Cutting taxes will make citizens have more disposable income to use and increase consumer confidence. The rich keep our economy going by investment and buying securities.

These are the main issues I'd focus on as a member of Parliament. However, my tenure would not just be limited to these three issues, but I do feel that they are paramount and the most pressing right now for me as a candidate. I also plan to address criminal justice reform, transportation, and healthcare.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks.

Best,

-Spark498, Candidate for Fremont Parliament
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #227 on: December 23, 2018, 03:46:30 PM »

Okay, this is epic.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #228 on: December 23, 2018, 03:52:51 PM »

It will be indeed.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #229 on: December 23, 2018, 03:59:25 PM »

Portland, Oregon

Hello Fremont!! It is my pleasure to be here today with you all. I would like to announce that I will be running for the Parliament of Fremont next month. I will have a platform reveal very soon for my plans to make the region a better place! Stay tuned.

Good luck and avoid the polio.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #230 on: December 23, 2018, 06:58:07 PM »

Endorsed for last preference.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #231 on: December 23, 2018, 07:00:27 PM »

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #232 on: December 24, 2018, 04:57:13 PM »

I appreciate Labor's attentiveness towards my candidacy.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #233 on: December 24, 2018, 05:02:45 PM »

I appreciate Labor's attentiveness towards my candidacy.

I'm not even Labor.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #234 on: December 24, 2018, 05:12:14 PM »

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #235 on: December 24, 2018, 05:30:36 PM »

I am concerned about you becoming a radical after moving to Antifa controlled pOrtland
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #236 on: December 24, 2018, 06:10:59 PM »

I am concerned about you becoming a radical after moving to Antifa controlled pOrtland

To address your concerns, I am a a fervent supporter of the Feds but still able to compromise.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #237 on: December 25, 2018, 07:56:52 PM »

To address your concerns, I am a a fervent supporter of the Feds but still able to compromise.
Ah, Looking forward to you  becoming senator for fremont.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #238 on: December 25, 2018, 07:58:52 PM »

No.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: December 25, 2018, 08:31:22 PM »

Yes a region that threw out Pericles back in April is going to elect someone with a history of inactivity and sending crappy messages to others.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #240 on: December 25, 2018, 08:35:24 PM »

He's he running for Parliment or Senate?
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: December 25, 2018, 08:42:39 PM »

Former as of right now.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #242 on: December 25, 2018, 11:57:41 PM »

Yes a region that threw out Pericles back in April is going to elect someone with a history of inactivity and sending crappy messages to others.

I think my messages are great. And don’t try to smear the candidate who wants to work with you.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #243 on: December 25, 2018, 11:58:37 PM »

I’m running for Parliament and thank you.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #244 on: December 26, 2018, 05:36:13 PM »

Concession

I accept this result and wish him the best of luck serving in the Lincoln region, and I cannot reside in the region and witness the irreversible damage that will take place from his tenure.

How are we, the voters of the South, meant to understand this incredibly bitter concession? If you're elected, will every one of your initiatives that fail be followed up with a similar manner of bitterness? If you lose the election in the South, should we expect you to move to Frémont next?

I am putting myself in the best opportunity to succeed. Absolutely not. I have not considered moving anywhere other than the South.

I guess replace the "lose the election" here with "expulsion"?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #245 on: December 26, 2018, 05:43:49 PM »

Concession

I accept this result and wish him the best of luck serving in the Lincoln region, and I cannot reside in the region and witness the irreversible damage that will take place from his tenure.

How are we, the voters of the South, meant to understand this incredibly bitter concession? If you're elected, will every one of your initiatives that fail be followed up with a similar manner of bitterness? If you lose the election in the South, should we expect you to move to Frémont next?

I am putting myself in the best opportunity to succeed. Absolutely not. I have not considered moving anywhere other than the South.

I guess replace the "lose the election" here with "expulsion"?

I won re-election in the South. I'm a formidable candidate with the necessary experience to make changes.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #246 on: December 26, 2018, 05:51:43 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You made a thread titled Economic Policies of Bill Clinton. This is your contribution to that thread.

This is wrong in so many ways it clearly lacks fact checking. I don't support someone who is an obvious partisan hack. We may agree on things, and you're more than likely a good person. However, I can't support someone who doesn't care enough to do five minutes of research to realize that the GOP does not do everything good that has America ever happened to America.

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #247 on: December 26, 2018, 08:14:00 PM »

You made a thread titled Economic Policies of Bill Clinton. This is your contribution to that thread.

This is wrong in so many ways it clearly lacks fact checking. I don't support someone who is an obvious partisan hack. We may agree on things, and you're more than likely a good person. However, I can't support someone who doesn't care enough to do five minutes of research to realize that the GOP does not do everything good that has America ever happened to America.

Perhaps you should do some more researching about existing laws in Atlasia as well. I'm the most moderate candidate I know, but also willing to work with your party to create new meaningful solutions to existential issues.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #248 on: December 26, 2018, 08:23:09 PM »

Choose Experience and Consistency

Atlasians should desire a candidate with experience and that can deliver results. I have done that a countless number of times. When inactivity became a factor, I stepped away from the posts out of due diligence to my constituencies. During this period of transition to a new region, I believe I can make the necessary changes to make Fremont a greater region for all and deliver its promise. When my IRL commitments take precedent, I'll announce official LOAs to prevent inactivity from becoming rampant and out of respect to the voters. My accomplishments most recently include criminal justice reform and putting forward effective educational initiatives. I was able to be bipartisan and work with my colleagues in the Southern legislature over last summer. However, my opponent is too inexperienced and does not have a sufficient understanding of the issues to be effective. It is important that we come to this realization to avoid any critical mistakes for Fremont. I believe my opponent wants the best for the region, as I do, but we have starkly different views on the issues.

I place value on working together with Labor but I will not abandon my roots as a Federalist. I plan to stand up for the principles I believe in. I'm a social moderate and believe that abortion is wrong and the right to marry anyone you choose is a right. On the economy, Fremont must do more to loosen restrictions in the form of regulations on businesses which cripple it. Labor unions must be protected to allow workers to garner and bargain for a fairer wage.

As for the environment, we need to encourage sustainable solutions to slow the progression of climate change which can pose threats to our citizens and their ways of life.

For Fremont, we should look forward rather than backward, and with a candidate such as myself you'll only get the best while I am able to serve.

Thank you.

-Spark498, Candidate for Fremont Parliament

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #249 on: December 26, 2018, 08:24:59 PM »

Perhaps you should do some more researching about existing laws in Atlasia as well. I'm the most moderate candidate I know, but also willing to work with your party to create new meaningful solutions to existential issues.

You've ran in all 3 States in Atlasia. I don't see why you can't settle in and work for "meaningful solutions to existential issues" in one of these states. Please stop carpetbagging.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies