Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:31:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16
Poll
Question: Should I remain in the race for Delegate?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come  (Read 18777 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2018, 07:29:47 PM »

Re-Election Campaign - October Elections

I will be running for re-election to the Chamber of Delegates and will be starting my campaign today. Please consider my platform and results I've produced during my first term. You will not be disappointed with the progress that we will continue making!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #201 on: September 23, 2018, 04:19:39 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2018, 04:23:28 PM by Deputy Speaker and Councilman Spark498 »

Statement on Governor Tmthforu94 and Activity

As many of you may know, Gov. Tmth has called for me to step down as Deputy Speaker, and I would like to make it clear to my constituents that I will not do so and intend to be more active as Deputy Speaker until the remainder of the term. I still will be running for re-election to the Chamber of Delegates and have fulfilled my responsibilities for the office by participating in votes and introducing legislation. Things have been extremely busy IRL, and it has been interfering with my duties to run the Chamber.

This has been a disservice to the region and for that, I apologize. I hold the South in high esteem, and will grant another delegate the opportunity to serve in this role in the next session until I am permitted vacation time from my education in IRL. This is when I intend to pursue another leadership role, and it's my ideal time to remain active.

Our governor wants things to move very quickly, but it is at the legislature's discretion to move bills. He works very diligently to ensure that we are accountable and wants the best for our region.

I do take this concern into account and believe that it is in the best interest of the South for someone else to serve in the #2 spot in the legislature for the next session.

I will keep the Chamber moving for the remainder of the term.

Thank you.

Deputy Speaker Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2018, 04:27:21 PM »

Re-election Bid

My fellow Atlasians, I come before you today with my intentions of running for re-election on October 19th. We have made much progress on criminal justice reform and education during my tenure and I believe that this work must continue into the future. I have been working to keep Atlasians safe from sex offenders and we've passed a bill that will allow judges to impose maximum sentences and have more discretion in rulings. Other highlights have been on education and allowing our children more opportunities to seek a quality education in enhancing our public and charter schools. One of my best moments was helping author a bill that would change our institutional methods on standardized testing to allow the South to focus more on individual pupils rather than as a collective body. Our children have much to offer as they are the upcoming generation with much promise. While I will not be seeking re-election as Deputy Speaker, I still plan to remain an active member of the Chamber of Delegates and engage in votes, debates, and other relevant duties to ensure that the South remains a leader of excellence in Atlasia. I hope to gain your support again in this upcoming election to continue much needed progress in our region.

Thank you.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #203 on: October 05, 2018, 01:55:02 AM »

Endorsed!!!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #204 on: October 05, 2018, 09:50:48 AM »

Thank you!
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #205 on: October 09, 2018, 10:48:35 AM »

Endorsed!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #206 on: October 15, 2018, 04:25:25 PM »

Election - October 19th

My fellow Atlasians, be sure to vote on Friday. I am running for re-election as a Delegate to the Southern Chamber of Delegates. I believe I've sufficiently been committed and kept my promises and obligations to you as a Delegate. This term was slow but steady, as we accomplished very much. Please consider voting for me once again so we can keep the South moving in the right direction.

I'd appreciate your support.

Thank you.

-Deputy Speaker & Delegate Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #207 on: November 14, 2018, 06:30:53 PM »

Statement on Recall Petition

My fellow Atlasians in the Southern region, Gov. TM has expressed much discontent on the way things have been transpiring in the Southern legislature. I had been present for many votes last session and although I have not been as active as I would like due to IRL commitments, I still have an unwavering commitment to you. Once the vacation begins, I plan to compose new legislation in the Southern Chamber and participate in significant debate. I will not have the opportunity if I am recalled. I am asking that the legislature and myself are granted time to become more involved this session to make lasting changes in our region. I support the Governor fully to ensure that delegates are as active as possible and serves as a reminder to conduct our duties promptly. I can ensure that I remain committed to you and the promise the region brings to all.

Thank you.

Delegate Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2018, 06:35:13 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2018, 06:39:39 PM by Southern Delegate Spark498 »

Activity Level and Announcement

Hi everyone, I am committed to furthering the Southern region's mission and advancing our quality of life in the region. I am scheduled to undergo a recall election next Friday and am imploring the Governor to withdraw his petition against me. I have had much going on recently but am still going to continue conducting my duties until the remainder of the term. Due to the recall, I have decided to not seek a third term in January.

I have a major announcement for you that I will be seeking elected office to the House of Representatives on December 14th. I believe that as your advocate, I can be an effective voice in Nyman and bring real change to our nation. I was able to accomplish very much in my two terms as a Delegate in the Southern Chamber of Delegates and made some real reforms that affect each Atlasian in the Southern region. Each citizen is afforded a better quality education and increased security due to the bills that were passed. I would like to thank you all for your confidence in me during my tenure as a Southern Delegate, and that you would also consider supporting my bid for election to the House next month. I promise to remain as active and consistent as possible during my tenure and that I will be a check to federal officeholders. I believe that we can accomplish anything together and make our nation a better place!

I would be humbled and honored for your support.

Thank you.

-Delegate Spark

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #209 on: November 17, 2018, 07:00:10 PM »

Quick question, what did you do during this term to warrant support for a congressional run?

I believe throughout my tenure, I have proven a capability to produce results and work to the best of my ability with colleagues in the Chamber.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2018, 07:43:56 PM »
« Edited: November 23, 2018, 07:42:41 PM by Spark498 »

Quick question, what did you do during this term to warrant support for a congressional run?

I believe throughout my tenure, I have proven a capability to produce results and work to the best of my ability with colleagues in the Chamber.

But what specifically did you do to warrant support?

Criminal justice reform. I chose it was time to move to the federal level and serve in Nyman for all Atlasians.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #211 on: November 23, 2018, 06:42:50 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2018, 10:36:28 PM by Spark498 »

Resignation from the Southern Chamber of Delegates

My fellow citizens, I have been extremely grateful for the opportunity to serve you in the CoD and we have made tremendous progress. However, I must do what is best for the Southern region at this time. Due to my activity being less than I would like due to IRL commitments, I drew scrutiny from the Governor for lower activity levels. There has been an active petition for my recall from office and I believe that I sufficiently conducted my duties effectively over 1 and a half terms. Once again, I apologize for this and hope that I will be able to serve in another capacity in the future. I still remain dedicated to the South and its mission.

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to serve.

-Fmr. Delegate and Deputy Speaker Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #212 on: November 23, 2018, 07:31:19 PM »
« Edited: November 23, 2018, 07:34:33 PM by Spark498 »

Announcement

My fellow citizens, I am considering taking a hiatus from seeking public office to contemplate my next move to serve you. I have remained in the Southern region for nearly 6 months and am interested in either returning to the Lincoln region or traversing to a new frontier in Fremont out West. I will keep you updated on my home status during this transition period.

I've been very grateful to serve you in both Lincoln and the Southern legislatures over the past two years, it has been an incredible honor to me. I will continue fighting for principles that mean that most to me and to defend them for all of us.

UPDATE: I will remain in the House race until further notice.

Thank you.

See you soon.

-Fmr. Lincoln Assemblyman & Southern Deputy Speaker Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #213 on: November 23, 2018, 07:45:14 PM »
« Edited: November 23, 2018, 07:55:44 PM by Spark498 »

Criminal Justice Reform

My fellow Atlasians, I come before you today having served 1/2 term as a Lincoln Assemblyman and 1 1/2 terms in the Southern Chamber as Deputy Speaker and a Delegate. I have the necessary experience that it requires to legislate at the federal level and to work with Laborites to deliver monumental legislation as it pertains to criminal justice reform.

As for my activity level, I had accomplished very much as a Delegate in the Southern legislature. At times, I did do the bare minimum when things got busy IRL which is usually the case, but when I am active things tend to get accomplished.

Whether it was by introducing reforms that gave judges more discretion over violent sexual offenders to grant them a more determinant sentence or changing our education system, this protected our communities against these offenders and kept our children safe. It also granted parents access to a more affordable and quality education for their children in the Southern region.

As a moderate Federalist, I envision those who are members of the opposing party as fellow Atlasians and not as the enemy. We can work together to bring security to Atlasian citizens and protect our communities from harm. I also am willing to compromise on methods of rehabilitation for non-violent offenders.

With most issues, I believe I'd be an effective negotiator and advocate within the House of Representatives.

Thank you.

-Spark
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #214 on: November 23, 2018, 07:46:50 PM »

Criminal Justice Reform[/size]

My fellow Atlasians, I come before you today having served 1/2 term as a Lincoln Assemblyman and 1 1 1/2 terms in the Southern Chamber as Deputy Speaker and a Delegate. I have the necessary experience that it requires to legislate at the federal level and to work with Laborites to deliver monumental legislation as it pertains to criminal justice reform.

I already addressed this issue and managed to pass legislation with bipartisan support and get it signed by President Yankee. If you have specific proposals we may be willing to entertain further reforms. If not you should make sure to be more informed in future.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #215 on: November 23, 2018, 07:47:59 PM »

Criminal Justice Reform

My fellow Atlasians, I come before you today having served 1/2 term as a Lincoln Assemblyman and 1 1 1/2 terms in the Southern Chamber as Deputy Speaker and a Delegate. I have the necessary experience that it requires to legislate at the federal level and to work with Laborites to deliver monumental legislation as it pertains to criminal justice reform.

I already addressed this issue and managed to pass legislation with bipartisan support and get it signed by President Yankee. If you have specific proposals we may be willing to entertain further reforms. If not you should make sure to be more informed in future.

Hello, I do have specific proposals in mind and I understand that but we can do much more to protect Atlasians. I appreciate your insight.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #216 on: November 23, 2018, 07:50:25 PM »

Criminal Justice Reform

Hello, I do have specific proposals in mind and I understand that but we can do much more to protect Atlasians. I appreciate your insight.

I'd be happy to discuss this further over PM or Discord if that is the case.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #217 on: November 23, 2018, 07:56:55 PM »
« Edited: November 23, 2018, 08:06:42 PM by Spark498 »

Criminal Justice Reform

I'd be happy to discuss this further over PM or Discord if that is the case.

Alright.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #218 on: December 16, 2018, 01:31:19 PM »

UPDATES

My fellow Atlasian, my RL obligations have dissipated and regardless if I am elected to the House, I will continue to be an active citizen in Atlasia and be a voice for those who cannot speak out. There appears to be a Labor majority in the legislature, I would be committed to working with them in a bipartisan fashion to accelerate important legislation to the President's desk. I appreciate your consideration for this high office and my apologies for the lower level of activity in recent months.

Thank you.

House Candidate Spark
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2018, 03:07:44 AM »

Commiserations on your defeat.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #220 on: December 20, 2018, 09:15:19 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2018, 03:19:09 PM by Fmr. Deputy Speaker Spark »

Thank you. I have an exciting announcement coming rather soon.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #221 on: December 20, 2018, 09:19:59 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2018, 10:33:21 PM by Spark498 »

Relocation and Remaining Active in the Game

Hello all, I would like to keep you updated on my affairs. I will be starting a new job next semester and my IRL commitments are scheduled to be very consuming of my time. However, I still plan to remain an active voter and citizen within Atlasia. When I am eligible, I have decided that I will be relocating to Fremont. The South has provided me with wonderful opportunities, but I now need to visit a new frontier and I believe that place is Fremont. This is not a permanent move. Despite this, I would like to say I am forever grateful for your support and confidence in me to be the best legislator and representative possible.

I am not certain of my political future, but I do plan to seek elected office again at some point when I can be more active.

I appreciate it.

Thank you.

-Former Delegate Spark

UPDATE: I will remain in the Federalist Party and be affiliated with the Meadowlark Regional Party. My new home state will be Oregon! Here I come on Saturday Fremont!

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #222 on: December 20, 2018, 10:44:56 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2018, 10:49:29 PM by Spark498 »

In Process of Relocating to Oregon, Fremont region
December 20th - Richmond, Virginia

I will be moving to Oregon, aka my new home in the coming days! This is a very exciting time and I once again would like to thank Gov. TM, the Southern Legislature, and voters for their support during the last 6 months in the Southern Region. I had been incredibly humbled and honored to serve you as Deputy Speaker, which remains my highest office in Atlasia to date and later as a Delegate being re-elected to serve one and a half terms. For now, I will begin some soul searching in the new frontier westward. I will deliberate on a run for public office again soon and plan to build some strong support in Fremont for the Feds. My primary areas of focus for the Fremont region are the environment, economy, conservation, and labor laws. This leads me to join the Meadowlark coalition under the Federalist banner. There is much land that can be protected out West. I plan to detail my proposals and solutions to existential issues that Fremont faces once I become acquainted with the new environment. I plan to assist Australian Swing Voter in any way possible.

Expect to hear from me soon as I keep you posted regarding this wonderful endeavor and miraculous undertaking!

I am eager for the adventures that will await and the promises my tenure in the region will bring to Atlasians in the Fremont region!

Thanks.

Best,

-Former Southern Deputy Speaker & Delegate Spark

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #223 on: December 20, 2018, 11:39:11 PM »

Welp, what else can I say other than I'm excited for you to join our region?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #224 on: December 21, 2018, 09:39:53 AM »

Welp, what else can I say other than I'm excited for you to join our region?

I’m glad. I look forward to working with you in the future Koopa!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies