Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:30:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Poll
Question: Should I remain in the race for Delegate?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come  (Read 18713 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2018, 10:21:45 AM »

I have done so and re-registered as Civic Democratic Union (CDU)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2018, 09:01:07 PM »

I have done so and re-registered as Civic Democratic Union (CDU)
why?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2018, 09:28:39 PM »

Aligns more with my views.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2018, 09:34:43 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2018, 09:43:00 PM by Kasparian Kool Aid »

Spark498, Candidate for Governor of Lincoln

If you are willing to have a candidate who will work with the newly formed Progressive Union Party, look no further. There is significant division being displayed by the other two candidates in contention. I believe that this polarization can be extremely detrimental and divisive for our political atmosphere in Lincoln. We need a candidate who will be ready to negotiate and has a willingness to compromise. That is exactly what I stand for in the Civic Democratic Union. It is imperative to have respect and listen to the other side. The path we have taken is not productive and I can make the change to chart a course to success in a new future for the Lincoln region. Please consider voting CDU next month, it would be a tremendous honor to have your vote and your support this election. Your vote counts and the Lincoln region depends on it.

If you have any inquiries pertaining to my platform, please don't hesitate to check out my profile and I am always willing to answer any questions you may have. I am also open to debating both of my opponents preceding the gubernatorial election next month.

Thank you.

Best regards,

-Spark498, Former Lincoln Assemblyman and Governor candidate
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2018, 09:49:05 PM »

you hate all dems tho
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2018, 09:56:17 PM »

No, I don't.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2018, 09:57:11 PM »

Why would your opponents not be willing to compromise with the assembly to get bills passed? If anything, I think our polititicans tend to be too willing to negotiate on their principles lately. Also, I noticed that you chose not to return to the Federalist Party. Why did you make that decision and can you give a reason why should Federalists support your bid for Governor?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2018, 09:58:57 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2018, 10:05:50 PM by Kasparian Kool Aid »

Why would your opponents not be willing to compromise with the assembly to get bills passed? If anything, I think our polititicans tend to be too willing to negotiate on their principles lately. Also, I noticed that you chose not to return to the Federalist Party. Why did you make that decision and can you give a reason why should Federalists support your bid for Governor?

My opponents have a difficult time striking a moderate tone like me and I chose not to return due to not wanting to be partisan. I believe that ideologically speaking, the CDU aligns more with my views and I will stick to my principles. That is why the Federalists should support my candidacy for Governor. They will be unable to bridge divides with the legislature as demonstrated by my opponent ReaganClinton.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2018, 10:18:11 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2018, 10:37:59 PM by Kasparian Kool Aid »

Statement on Opposition and Bipartisanship

I would also like to note, as a result of a lack of other commitments, my time will be concentrated on fulfilling the duties of the office of Lincoln Governor. We need someone who is dedicated as an executive and can lead by example. While I admire both of my opponents for their service, picking fights with other legislators (ReaganClinton) will not solve our problems in the Lincoln region. This pattern will continue and cannot since we have more important matters to address. It demonstrates a lack of clarity and immaturity we can't afford to have in the office of Governor. I encourage both Progressive Union Party members and disaffected Federalists to vote for me for this prestigious office. My opponent has tarnished his own reputation by engaging in mindless pursuits of partisanship. I am focused on these issues and will answer to any voters' concerns. I do hope that both Federalists and those in the Progressive Union Party recognize my willingness to work together on issues while still adhering to my principles. The region is in dire need of strong leadership and a steadfast leader who is competently able to address any prevalent issues which arise. I believe I am ready to undertake this task and have the necessary experience.

-Spark498
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2018, 12:47:38 AM »
« Edited: May 15, 2018, 10:37:28 PM by Kasparian Kool Aid »

Insight on recent bills passed in the Lincoln Legislature

Comments on L11.9 Police Body Cameras Act

This act will ensure that citizens and law enforcement personnel are both rightfully protected from claims against each other and enhances clarity regarding the process. Highly support!

Comments on L11.10

Education is going to be paramount during my administration and I believe this is a feasible step toward affordable education for citizens. This measures enhances the probability that a student of financial need is now better able to meet the costs of rising college tuition. No Atlasian should be denied of that opportunity to seek a better life for themselves.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2018, 10:25:07 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2018, 10:37:02 PM by Kasparian Kool Aid »

Infrastructure

One area where I would be able to consult both parties would be on infrastructure. We must focus more spending to that particular area to avoid catastrophes from occurring in the Lincoln region due to worn out tunnels, railways, and bridges. This will be due to structural failure and can be avoided if we invest in their proper maintenance. Their upkeep is vital to ensure that transportation will be reliable and easily accessible while saving lives of citizens in the process.

-Spark498
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2018, 10:29:11 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2018, 10:36:33 PM by Kasparian Kool Aid »

Lincoln Gubernatorial Debate

I will now formally announce that I will be participating in the upcoming 2018 gubernatorial election debate for Governor of Lincoln against my opponents Clyde1998 and ReaganClinton. I plan to outline my policy proposals further and provide voters of the Lincoln region with greater insight into my platform. I plan to run on a record of protecting Lincoln citizens and having exceptional transparency, integrity, and maturity. I am the only candidate that can strike a moderate tone and work across the aisle. The primary areas of focus for my tenure will be social issues, infrastructure, security, and transportation among others. while having bipartisanship with the legislature and the Progressive Union Party. I will be outlining my proposals further during the debate.

-Spark498
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2018, 10:30:42 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2018, 10:36:41 PM by Kasparian Kool Aid »

Consistency and Transparency

You can rest assured that as Governor I will be active and forthright in conducting my duties for the Lincoln Region. When I have sufficient time to serve, I place all of my efforts in doing an impeccable job. During the summer term, I will be able to serve effectively as Lincoln Governor and the signing of bills will not linger for an extended period of time. It is important that we do not have stagnation in the office of the Governor as this can create much turmoil because citizens are not afforded the satisfaction of their basic necessities. As Governor, I pledge to be steadfast in addressing citizens' concerns and working together with the legislature to compromise on bills that protect Atlasians in the Lincoln region.

-Spark498
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2018, 10:43:37 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2018, 11:49:48 AM by Lincoln Gov. Candidate Spark498 »

Abortion, Death Penalty, and Euthanasia

Although I am a former member of the Federalist Party and personally against abortion, I think it is implausible to outlaw abortion in the Lincoln region. However, I do believe abortion is inherently morally wrong and should be restricted. The state should encourage adoption and the respecting of all life. I also oppose the death penalty, which I believe should be banned and euthanasia since all life is sacred and must be preserved.

-Spark498
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2018, 10:50:19 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2018, 12:08:13 AM by Kasparian Kool Aid »

Environment

I believe it is imperative to protect our region's biodiversity and parks for future generations. Climate change is a pervasive and existential threat which can severely undermine us. This is the reason I support subsidies to the wind and industries. We should focus on shifting towards renewable energy and supplementing fossil fuels. Fossil fuels will become exhausted and we will require an alternative method of power. I support an incentive to reduce carbon footprints for our industries and some environmental regulations to eliminate externalities and enhance economic efficiency. Atlasians in the Lincoln region will be better off if their health is not adversely affected by pollutants and harmful chemicals. Minimal amounts of pesticides should be used to prevent toxic runoff from tainting the water supply.

-Spark498
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2018, 10:57:42 PM »

Crime and Guns

Crime rates have been rising overall in Atlasia and more gun laws are not the answer to our problem. Crime originates from lack of opportunities and sub par living conditions. The only solution to this issue is addressing our underlying mental health crisis. Our treatment facilities must be equipped with the highest quality services to ensure that those who are admitted are closely monitored and they make sufficient progress during their recovery. By treating the problem of mental health instability, this will decrease their violent tendencies.

As for weapons, I support an assault weapons ban because there should be no need for automatic weapons in the Lincoln region. Our citizens need to be protected against violence. However, stricter gun control laws will prove to be counterproductive by incentivizing criminals to search for other means of access to a weapon. We can eliminate this by extensive background checks.

-Spark498
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2018, 11:02:41 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2018, 03:03:21 PM by Unrelated Popcorn Fire »

Immigration and Security

This is an area in which I feel I would be able to compromise with those in the Progressive Union Party. Our nation is founded upon principles of a nation of immigrants. We all have something to contribute to our society and are better when we come together as a people. While we do need to look into the whereabouts of those who enter into our region, we welcome newcomers with open arms because of their promise. If they have a willingness to assimilate and be productive in our society, they are absolutely welcome to enter the Lincoln region. If they choose to be belligerent and repudiate Atlasian values, or if they pose a significant threat to our security they will be immediately expelled. I will defend the safety of every Atlasian at all costs and not place them at any risks.

-Spark498
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2018, 11:10:11 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2018, 11:50:34 AM by Lincoln Gov. Candidate Spark498 »

Healthcare

I plan to ensure that each Atlasian citizen in the Lincoln region has access to proper healthcare. This is the reason I support a mixture between a universal and free market healthcare system. I support the government granting incentives to insurance companies and allowing patients to choose their own healthcare. For those not desiring to be covered by an insurance company, the citizen will receive care from the government to treat pre-existing conditions and regular check-ups. This will also allow insurance companies to compete. The insurance companies will then pay a portion of a percentage back to the government.

-Spark498
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2018, 11:14:57 PM »

Education

I support a school choice voucher system with a Common Core standard to ensure our schools are meeting sufficient expectations in the Lincoln region. I believe that we must give parents the flexibility in sending their children to quality schools with the best education possible provided. It is important that teachers' rights to unionize are protected and that they receive an adequate salary for their work. I also do not advocate for teachers' teaching to the test, but focusing more on each individual pupil to enhance their unique capabilities. Teaching must be more personal and not as standardized. Education is more than academic, it is a social and personal transformation experience. We will request that block grants must be given.

-Spark498
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2018, 11:23:25 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2018, 11:51:15 AM by Lincoln Gov. Candidate Spark498 »

Economy

We have one of the largest economies in the entirety of Atlasia and it is imperative that we use our tax revenues appropriately. The spending will be concentrated in the most important areas for Lincoln. For fiscal policy, I plan to decrease the property taxes in exchange for an increased sales tax for Lincoln to attract businesses to our region. Often times many businesses cannot come to our region due to our high rates since the cost of production will increase and they must pay their workers higher wages.

We will mitigate the decreased property taxes with a larger sales tax on purchases to compensate for lost revenue. I do not plan to put any price controls on goods because I believe in a free market government system except in times of turmoil. Price controls interfere with the market and decrease total surplus. There also is a higher unemployment in our region and I plan to address this by creating jobs in the public sector through restoration projects on our infrastructure and by attracting business.

I plan to enforce existing anti-trust legislation to address monopolies which exist in industries within the Lincoln region. Monopolists take advantage of consumers at their expense and this cannot continue. I will place the consumer first because their interests are paramount.

-Spark498
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2018, 03:58:13 PM »

too conservative for me tbh
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2018, 04:08:02 PM »

How so?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2018, 06:29:38 PM »

wagner bartos ticket in sig...
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2018, 07:39:09 PM »

Yeah.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2018, 09:51:46 AM »
« Edited: May 27, 2018, 12:24:59 PM by Unrelated Popcorn Fire »

Recent Inactivity of Opposition, Inclusivity

My fellow Atlasians of the Lincoln Region, recently my opponents have not been actively campaigning and I view this as representative of their enthusiasm for the office of Lincoln Governor. Voters have a choice in voting for someone who will stand up for them and be consistent while working cordially with both sides of the aisle. My opponent representing the Federalist Party is unable to be bipartisan with his more liberal counterparts and the new Progressive Union Party needs a Governor they can trust to ensure that their points of view can heard and that they matter to the person in charge. I am the person to bridge the divide between politicians in the Lincoln region. We can not afford to have obstructionism during this juncture in our region’s history. By compromising and cooperating together, bills can be passed in an efficient manner and both parties’ policy proposals will be considered. If I do not deem a bill acceptable for both sides, I will veto it. I plan to adhere to my principles concurrently but at the same time I want to do what is best for the Lincoln region.

Thank you.

-Spark498, Former Lincoln Assemblyman and Candidate for Governor
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies