The Nyman Questioner (DFW BOMBSHELL) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:02:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Nyman Questioner (DFW BOMBSHELL) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Nyman Questioner (DFW BOMBSHELL)  (Read 8473 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: September 12, 2017, 03:36:50 PM »
« edited: September 12, 2017, 03:38:39 PM by Oakvale »

MW: And for the most ridiculous and least important question of them all, what will you do to address the North Korea situation?

OV: I pledge that, once I take that oath and become your President, the North Korean situation will cease to be a problem. Specifically, it will cease to exist because I will abolish the dull fanfiction generator that is the Game Moderation department within days of taking office. This is, I think, a novel approach to the problem.

This answer is absolutely insane... it would dissolve Atlasia as we know it. As someone who would like Fhtagn to be more dedicated to conservative principles, I disavow the radical buffoonery expressed in this answer. Fhtagn is a valuable ally who is showing she is willing to listen. Change will not be brought by tearing apart the core fabrics of our society, as these core fabrics are essential to our conservative principles.

My young friend, look around Atlasia as we know it. Has the system worked?

I've been around for, I think, thirty-four Game Moderators in my time.

Thirty-four.

Some have been passable. Some have been disastrous. The vast majority have been utterly irrelevant, posting once or twice and roundly ignored by everyone.

All the entertainment value in this game - every single bit of it - has come not from the fanfiction authored by the Game Moderation department, but from actual, real reactions from actual human beings.

Take a look over the last thirteen years. Just a cursory look. The engagement has universally stemmed from debate and controversy over our actions. Whether it's lawsuits, controversial legislation and its bitter debates, impeachments, resignations and scandals. This is the lifeblood of the game.

The Game Moderator has basically only matter when it's involved in some kind of scandal. It'd be nice if it wasn't so, but, as they say, it do be. It has literally always been this way. The only way you'd have a functioning GM that people didn't ignore if they felt like it is if there was a computer program or something that could spit out scenarios and figures based on our input. That's not possible. So, I come to the obvious conclusion. Slash the state.

I'd note that the position lay dormant for some 670 days - yes, nearly two years - over 2006 and 2007, and it made zero difference. In fact, those years presented some of our most exciting and engaged politics.

I hope I can count on your support.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies