NE-GOV: Bob Krist running as a Democrat
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:04:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NE-GOV: Bob Krist running as a Democrat
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: NE-GOV: Bob Krist running as a Democrat  (Read 5536 times)
Former Kentuckian
Cal

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2018, 12:38:20 PM »

Meanwhile, Tyler Davis, the formerly unknown college professor is filing legal challenges to Krist's candidacy.

http://www.omaha.com/news/politics/democrat-tyler-davis-challenges-fellow-gubernatorial-candidate-bob-krist-s/article_a4707595-5e38-5f9a-8598-8a905fdf68a8.html

I swear this guy is a GOP stooge.

Update, I don't think he's in cahoots with the GOP. He is a 'true believer' Bernie Bro. I spent some time today on line arguing with a few of his supporters, they are mostly young college kids. They remind me of the Ralph Nader bunch back in 2000. Very ideological with no practical grasp of political reality. I have to think the NE Dems checked out all the legality of this and doubt his lawsuit has a chance.

I actually do think he's in cahoots with the GOP lol okay, I'm not completely serious about that, but Davis has gone back-and-forth between being a Republican and Nonpartisan since first registering in 2005 (he was Republican 2005-2008;Nonpartisan 2008-2010;Republican 2010-2017;Democrat 2017-). I think he's more of a sh*t-stirrer, tbh. I think he got involved in the Dem gubernatorial primary when Kleeb was struggling finding someone and Vanessa Ward made her publicly state she wouldn't run herself. And now that Krist has finally joined, Davis is just stirring the pot some more. He may be appealing to Bernie fans (if Davis supporters are even serious and not just trolls), but I don't think Davis himself holds those beliefs (based on how he's talked since joining and based on how he voted and donated in the past) and is just causing problems. I also don't think he's completely forthcoming with his campaign funds. For someone who is just a supposedly unconnected college instructor (not even a professor), he came out immediately with a professional website and campaign materials. I'm not a conspiracy theorist (I swear lol), but I do think he is trying to cause as many problems as possible and may have some help. Vanessa Ward is, unintentionally, causing problems, too, but hers seems to be based on trying to get fame and attention.

His vocal supporters seem to be mostly young college aged people. At least that is how things appear. I took time to click on the links to the FB pages of those who were hammering me and, a couple of them look sort of hinky. I sort of doubt Russian Bots are trying to rig a Dem primary in NE, but who knows? They came across as typical potty mouthed Bernie Bros; no awareness of political realities

I hope Kleeb has a killer attorney on this deal. Davis is out to make trouble and they need to stop him.

I don't think Davis supporters are Russian bots, but I do think they could be Reddit/4chan type trolls. Maybe they're sincere and I'm just being pessimistic and cynical, but Davis and his supporters give me a bad vibe
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies