The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:32:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 240633 times)
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1950 on: September 04, 2018, 09:13:01 AM »

He’s not necessarily wrong about rural people viewing themselves as being “rugged individuals living off the land”. It doesn’t have to be true for them to rationalize this belief system. How many of these people are on disability/food stamps/Medicare/Medicaid/CHIP/etc and still complain about moochers and illegals freeloading off the government?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1951 on: September 04, 2018, 11:16:47 AM »

I know several food stamp/disability trump voters just off the top of my head.  All rural.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1952 on: September 04, 2018, 03:25:11 PM »

Yeah I kinda think the same thing. It's like Hillary and the e-mail server, she should've just admitted she made a mistake and apologized for it but instead she tried to deny it and dragged it out so it was in people's memory com election day.

Because one must have been living under the Earth's crust to not have not noticed the 100000000000000000000000 times Hillary apologized for the email crap throughout 2015-2016.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1953 on: September 04, 2018, 03:25:52 PM »

He’s not necessarily wrong about rural people viewing themselves as being “rugged individuals living off the land”. It doesn’t have to be true for them to rationalize this belief system. How many of these people are on disability/food stamps/Medicare/Medicaid/CHIP/etc and still complain about moochers and illegals freeloading off the government?

Simple Truths Mine is that way ->
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1954 on: September 04, 2018, 03:49:07 PM »

Because anyone who votes Republican, is conservative, or lives in a rural area is on welfare and thinks the Democrats are evil.

Cut out your hatred of Republican voters.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1955 on: September 04, 2018, 04:37:14 PM »

“If you want to pick judges, win elections.”

Also this one (to a somewhat lesser extent, I would say):

I am not interested in getting into a clash over this, and I will not drag myself through as I have with many other users here. Let me make this crystal clear: I didn't support what Mitch McConnell did in 2016, and I would have confirmed Garland if I were a Senator. But at the same time, people seem to be confusing things over this. A Garland nomination is not the same as an automatic Garland appointment. If Garland had been given a hearing, and had been duly rejected (like Robert Bork was), and if all other Obama nominees for that seat had been given hearings, and had also been duly rejected, would people still be complaining that this is a stolen seat? I would be hard pressed to say so.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1956 on: September 04, 2018, 07:24:42 PM »

Because anyone who votes Republican, is conservative, or lives in a rural area is on welfare and thinks the Democrats are evil.

Where did his post say that description applied to all rural Republicans?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1957 on: September 04, 2018, 10:45:41 PM »

Of course the berniebro populist is upset that I made that accurate statement.

Notice how republicans aren’t upset by it cuz even they know it’s true. It’s the atlas Left who have delusions of rural populists.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1958 on: September 04, 2018, 11:04:35 PM »

Of course the berniebro populist is upset that I made that accurate statement.

Notice how republicans aren’t upset by it cuz even they know it’s true. It’s the atlas Left who have delusions of rural populists.

LOL, so true. It's always the left wing #populists Purple heart who jump down my throat when I bash racist hicks, never the Republicans.

And it's even funnier when they accuse me of being an elitist for bashing the "white working class" when they're the ones implicitly drawing the equivalence between "racist hicks" and "white working class", not me.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1959 on: September 05, 2018, 09:33:24 AM »

Nothing against Jews, but Jews hold an extreme amount of privilege.

Jews make up most of the top 1% in America plus being of larger numbers in the top 10% than even the bottom 90%, they are a majority of actors and celebrities in America, they own a very large share of the major corporations of America, they make up and are accepted at high-end schools at disproportionate rates, and at the same time parade with poc's who yell about white privilege, despite the fact that Jews have repeatedly came into political and moral conflict with minorities (Ex. 1991 Crown Heights riot). Jewish privilege is greater and more severe than white privilege.

All of this while being not even 2% of the US population. Just saying.

Grassroots being an anti-semite.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1960 on: September 05, 2018, 10:33:30 AM »

Should easily be a bannable post.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1961 on: September 05, 2018, 12:00:44 PM »

Seems you are blind to the major disclaimer at the top of the post that said that I have nothing against Jews.

A disclaimer that you are not an anti-Semite does not magically make the words that follow not anti-Semitic. This is literally an example of "I'm not racist but..."
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1962 on: September 05, 2018, 12:03:44 PM »

Seems you are blind to the major disclaimer at the top of the post that said that I have nothing against Jews.

It's not anti white to call out white privilege, and neither is the calling out of any other forms of privilege. This is a major double standard.

It seems like you'd have to have something against Jews to post erroneous facts about them that essentially comprise a list of antisemitic stereotypes. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1963 on: September 05, 2018, 12:08:58 PM »

Nothing against Jews, but Jews hold an extreme amount of privilege.

Jews make up most of the top 1% in America plus being of larger numbers in the top 10% than even the bottom 90%, they are a majority of actors and celebrities in America, they own a very large share of the major corporations of America, they make up and are accepted at high-end schools at disproportionate rates, and at the same time parade with poc's who yell about white privilege, despite the fact that Jews have repeatedly came into political and moral conflict with minorities (Ex. 1991 Crown Heights riot). Jewish privilege is greater and more severe than white privilege.

All of this while being not even 2% of the US population. Just saying.

Grassroots being an anti-semite.

It's not anti white to call out white privilege, and neither is the calling out of any other forms of privilege. This is a major double standard.

Clearly not. The thread was for hot, bad, and unpopular opinions, and clearly my honest opinion that the scope of social justice needs to be widened from just "white" fits exactly what the thread is for.

Pro-tip: If you have to actually say “I have nothing against Jews, but...” or “I’m not anti-Semitic; I’m just anti-Zionist” then you’re probably an anti-Semite.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #1964 on: September 05, 2018, 12:14:06 PM »

Posting legitimate concerns =/= hate. C'mon, guys.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1965 on: September 05, 2018, 12:21:12 PM »

A disclaimer that you are not an anti-Semite does not magically make the words that follow not anti-Semitic. This is literally an example of "I'm not racist but..."

The double standard is huge.

Okay so get me this. When someone calls out white privilege, it isn't racially motivated, but when someone calls out privilege of a certain religious group that has small numbers in a country, this forum goes absolutely berserk.

No it is not a double standard. First of all, the vast majority of Jews in America are considered white (except by a small minority, including many anti-Semites), so they are already counted in "white privilege". Second, there are other socioeconomically advanced subgroups of whites, such as Episcopalians, who far outnumber Jews. As far as I can see, the reason you chose to single out Jews instead of Episcopalians is that you either harbor latent anti-Semitic views, or you ignorantly parroted anti-Semitic stereotypes and talking points.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1966 on: September 05, 2018, 01:31:49 PM »

White males are no longer welcome in today's Democratic Party.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1967 on: September 05, 2018, 02:56:07 PM »

You Know what, If the poor actually made an effort to work hard, then Government would help them, but the problem is they don’t. It is rich people who are doing all the work, Rich people who are pushing our nation forward rich people who are the reason we have all our merchandise. The poor just cannot accept that they went wrong in life, so, what do they do? They beg for money, food, housing and expect that government just give it to them and no matter what they get, they are still ungreatful. Rich people, on the other hand realize that government is not totally Responsible for them so as a result they start working for themselves and look at were they are at, they are the developers of our economy. you were part of the government, which group would you like better.

And don’t complain about my education level, I have read about how our economy works, and have been able to form my own opinion.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1968 on: September 05, 2018, 03:20:08 PM »

I didn't see Grassroots post as necessarily being antisemitic but it still belongs here for using a series of made-up and obviously wrong stats (not that he made them up, I've come across them before.)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1969 on: September 05, 2018, 06:42:24 PM »

I didn't see Grassroots post as necessarily being antisemitic but it still belongs here for using a series of made-up and obviously wrong stats (not that he made them up, I've come across them before.)

Did you know 83% of all the statistics quoted on the Internet are made up?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1970 on: September 05, 2018, 11:19:50 PM »

2. She has military background, which is important for US presidential candidates. Trump is the only president without such background.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1971 on: September 06, 2018, 01:04:43 AM »

More minority representation in Congress is nothing to be afraid of. Next

Agreed. Though I wish the Lipinskis and Lynches of the House would lose instead of fairly harmless representatives like Capuano and Crowley.

Lipinski holds a district that would likely go Republican if he were not the nominee.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1972 on: September 06, 2018, 01:19:46 AM »

Aww.  Is this really why you’re not a Democrat? ☹️😭😧😫
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1973 on: September 06, 2018, 04:50:12 PM »

This is in Capuano's Wikipedia article:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm assuming Pressley is Protestant. If so I might have to retroactively change my support. Wink
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1974 on: September 06, 2018, 11:31:42 PM »

This is in Capuano's Wikipedia article:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm assuming Pressley is Protestant. If so I might have to retroactively change my support. Wink

The wink emoji should've made it obvious.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies